* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 46480 times)

0 Members

Offline Helen6a

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #140 on: 1/04/19, 18:34 »
Hi Maraki   

We stayed in an apartment in the old town which was lovely. We had kitchen space which helped keep the cost down as we could make breakfast and snacks etc which could be useful if youíve your little boy with you. X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #141 on: 3/04/19, 21:00 »
    Ladies

Brief update from me, we have 5 blastocysts that were biopsied and we will wait for the results of chromosomal analysis.

How long have you waited for your period to start after Gonapeptyl injection? It has been 8 days for me now...

Tajga

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #142 on: 4/04/19, 10:41 »
    Fingers xed for you 🤞🤞🤞
    It was different every time for me it was anything between 8-15 days x
    Helen

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #143 on: 5/04/19, 21:14 »
    Thank you very much Helen! How are you?

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #144 on: 6/04/19, 09:11 »
    Your welcome
    Iím ok just plodding along till my OH is home from the Middle East on Wednesday, try to entertain a 5yr old when your the size of a whale is hard going lol and Iíve been so scared having all these contractions and daddy isnít in the country so once heís home Iíll feel much less stressed and just egar to get going with the labour.
    How long have they said until you get the results?
    H x

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #145 on: 6/04/19, 20:27 »
    Hi Helen,

I can only imagine what it is like to keep a 5 year old occupied even if you are not pregnant and about to pop!

Hope your OH is coming back soon to give you a hand. Fingers crossed for no false alarms with the contractions!

I am now waiting for cycle day 1 and I will start to take meds in prep for FET. By the time I am ready, they should have results back. I think it takes between 2 and 3 weeks.

I am hopefull that many will be normal given my donor is 23 yrs old.

Have a lovely weekend.
    T

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #146 on: 7/04/19, 09:01 »
    Ooo thatís exxiting going straight into the transfer.
    How long are you going for the good thing about a frozen transfer you get a good few day window to transfer so you choose around flights.
    I only stayed overnight the night before then flew straight home that evening after transfer
    H x

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #147 on: 7/04/19, 11:24 »
    Hi Helen

I would love to stay for few days but need to see how to manage this with work.

You say that they will give me few days as a window to choose from? Do you know if they do transfers on Sat? My guess is probably not, right?

Do the transfers happen usually around the cycle day 21?

T

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #148 on: 7/04/19, 11:53 »
    Iím not sure if they do transfers on Saturday mine have all been in the week. They probably do if itís fresh as the window is exact.
    Yes usually between day 18-22 but each clinic is slightly different but if you confirm with them then you can check
    Flights, I think they need a couple of weeks notice when you want to do it.
    Helen x

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #149 on: 7/04/19, 17:15 »
    Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me popping in on this thread. I need some guidance please ^pray^ Even though I am doing a lot of research,  I really want to hear from you ladies. I finally made up my mind about trying IVF with DE, just to clarify I have never done any attempted with my OE as every clinic I tried the answer was the same; they could not do anything using my OE because my AHM was already  0.02 at 36 years old and FHS over 50. I have been on HRT for the past 9 months and this has been crucial for me to have a normal cycle and now I feel that my body/hormones are balanced. It's has taken me quite some time to decide about DE, but what  I didn't know that it would be even harder to decide on which clinic. Initially, I had Serum in Athens as my first option, as I visited the clinic 2 years ago, but now I am not sure anymore because of the 5/6 hours travelling (door to door) this is putting me off big time. I don't want to say anything at work and I don't know how I would be able to disappear anytime I need to go to Athens. On the other hand, DE treatment in the UK  is so expensive plus the waiting time is much longer as well. However, DH thinks that a DE child has the right to have the option to know the donor, even if they might not want to know, he thinks that the option should be there. To be honest for me it doesn't really bother me that much as this is probably on the last item on my priority list.

My other concern is that still only 55% chance of success, so very likely that I would have to try at least twice and if we decide to in the UK that would be off the table for us as we wouldn't be able to afford. We would have to wait for at least 1 or 2 years to get funds and I am running against time right now.

I am very confused and for some reason that I can't explain Spain is always coming to my mind, and I have never visited or had a Skype consultation with any clinic in Spain. I don't really know why, maybe because I love Spain and I am able to communicate well in Spanish.
    I would love to hear from someone that is currently doing ED in Spain. How is like? Did you have to wait long to get a donor matched? It' is the cost-benefit worth the travelling effort? How important was for you the choice of the child being able to know the donor?

I know you all have busy lives, also dealing with your doubts and issues that this fertility journey brings to each one of us, but any advice will be hugely appreciated.

Big hugs to everyone and good luck ^hugme^