* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 73072 times)

0 Members

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #170 on: 16/04/19, 06:57 »
Cma
I can honestly say I have not given it one thought and my son is 5 and number 2 is due anytime. Every day Blake does something that I do or used a word that I use or an expression. Heís an absolute mummies boy. I bare no family resemblance to my brothers and sister at all, but Blake has similar characteristics to me. I know itís hard but try not to over think things, you can make this process as easy or as hard as you want and that is in your hands. I was so thankful that it was even an option to at least experience pregnancy and birth rather than adopt which I knew wasnít for us. Try to relax your brain a bit and go with it.
Helen x x x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cma700

• Gold Member
    • Anything is possible xxx
    modify
    « Reply #171 on: 16/04/19, 07:18 »
    Thank you Helen for the kind  words you are totally right the midwife said I am giving it the best start possible . I need to stop worrying about everything!  Iím going to Spain next week on holiday and worrying about what Iím allowed to eat! 😳

Offline doxie

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #172 on: 16/04/19, 10:47 »
    Thanks Bailey. Can I  ask you why you couldnt access to the guaranteed program. I have a large fibroid and my husband has sperm problems. Hopefully they accept us 🤞

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #173 on: 16/04/19, 12:15 »
    @doxie
    IB considered that I had recurrent implantation failure as I had some transfers that resulted in no pregnancy and also a miscarriage. Xxx

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #174 on: 16/04/19, 12:18 »
    @ doxie
    Since then out of three transfers at IB I have gotten pregnant twice but unfortunately miscarried again.

Offline doxie

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #175 on: 16/04/19, 15:41 »
    Baylie, thanks for your response. Iím so sorry about your miscarriage .I have also had several miscarrages, I never did the dgp but the doctor here in Canada told me that he thought it was a combination of bad ovules and sperm. Probably my embryos were not normal. This journey is so difficult.

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #176 on: 16/04/19, 18:40 »
    Cma,

Iíd just like to add to Helens thoughtful words above. I can remember the second my 1 year old was born and that was that. Everything I had gone through before I was now at peace with. Wouldnít change a thing if it could mean I donít have my darling Henrik today.

Oddly- as you know how some (idiots) people said after his birth- oh now you fill probably fall naturally pregnant because you wonít be thinking about it. 
    I thought about the possibility and It created some anxiety to the point I considered contraception. My babies - Henrikís siblings were (are) in a freezer in Spain and I donít want anything to spoil that. Dramatic I know but it told me just how right everything felt and how at peace I was with everything.
    Iím now 9wks with his sibling. Absolutely thrilled.
    Iím definitely in the camp of telling. I personally hate secrets and surprises. I have started to build a network of friends for him that are also donor babies. Hopefully , some of the things we do will make the truth easier and more acceptable to them. Iím hoping of course it will be as easy as possible to accept but of course this is a big truth / fact to take for a child.
    Going to check out the Radio 1 program you talked about.

Enjoy your pregnancy - itís amazing and that we can experience this after so many battles.

Kristin x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #177 on: 16/04/19, 20:27 »
    Hi ladies,

This thread is moving fast! Just a quick one and I will try catching up over Easter break.

Maraki: I am wishing the best of luck for you tomorrow.  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Helen and Kristin; many thanks for sharing your experience, reading your posts gives me the reassurance that I am making the right decision

Cma; I hope you have a great time and Spain and enjoy every moment of your pregnancy, without overthinking too much.

As for me; husband and I  talked over the weekend and he agrees that choosing a clinic in the UK just because here is not anonymous is not the priority. Now, I am waiting to find out about the waiting list for 2 places I was recommended in London, as it would be much easier workwise to do here. In terms of costs, it works pretty much the same, IB only sent out the price but without the medication and it works pretty much another 1,500 euros so adding all together; flights, accommodation, medication and DE package, then it comes up very close to UK price.
    I wrote to IB today as I had two days in mind for a face to face consultation and they came back to me saying that it will be ok, but only in Alicante, I had Madrid in my mind as I thought that Madrid price is more or less stable, whereas the price for Alicante flights can be  inflated over summer holidays. I am just found odd that they offered availability just for Alicante and not for Madrid.

Is everyone here with Alicante? Anyone with Madrid?

Big hugs to everyone ^hugme^

Offline Marbles

modify
    « Reply #178 on: 16/04/19, 20:58 »
    Hi ladies

Welcome to the newbies on the thread and itís so exciting hearing about the upcoming due babies.

I didnít want to read and run but my heart goes out to you Bailey. We are in a similar situation with contradicting treatment advice. Iím petrified of another miscarriage and finding it really hard to commit as a result. The only advice I can give is keep talking to DH and try to come up with the pros and cons of each method. We are still trying to decide which route to take as this round will be our last shot. Iím scared of getting it wrong so doing as much research as possible. Sending virtual hugs your way

Offline Helen6a

modify
    « Reply #179 on: 17/04/19, 07:16 »
    Wow lots going on here! Iím the same the donor gave me the cells to start out Pipers life, a few people who even know weíve had donor eggs say sheís like me but is the double of her daddy! The reason we chose Spain and IB wasnít down to the anonimity it was the science, the younger donors. Most people who  donate in the U.K. are also under going treatment to get it cheaper, which I feel is a little bullying tactic. Iím not saying their eggs arenít good quality by no means but we wanted the best. We got the best, 11 eggs and as you know only 2 fertilised but we have Piper and we cannot be more greatful. The 12 thousand pounds debt it cost will no doubt be with us forever but she is worth it. We will be telling her where she came from and at times it does worry me that she wonít be able to find out where she came from but see how desperate we were to have her. Hopefully we will educate her right to understand. As we speak sheís just waking up from going to bed last night at 7pm, a whole 12 hours at nearly 14 weeks! We love her so, so much. Good luck to you all and keep talking x