* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 73082 times)

0 Members

Offline tajga101

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #180 on: 17/04/19, 16:51 »
Hi ladies

Only a short note from me and I am still in shock. I went to the doctor for USG and bloods because my period did not start after three weeks past the Gonapeptyl depot injection.

Well, turns out I am pregnant!!! Natural pregnancy which has never happened to me before.

I am petrified as I had Gonapeptyl injection during pregnancy, I had many coffees and teas and have been on diet 😕. Not the best start for my little bean.

Cannot exclude chromosomal issues at this point but do not want to think about these yet.

Typical! The one time I did not test when having delayed period and I AM PREGNANT.

Please ladies keep fingers crossed that all is well for me in the next days/weeks.

Xxx
T

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #181 on: 17/04/19, 17:08 »
    @tajga101
    OMG i cannot believe it. How exciting? Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months. You must have been in shock when the doctor told you. Have you told IB your news and what did they say about the gonapeptyl injection? Praying that everything goes smoothly for you. xxx

@Marbles
    Thank you so much for your kind words. Wishing you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do. xxx

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #182 on: 17/04/19, 19:03 »
    OMH tajga101, how exciting! Congratulations ;D ;D. You must be over the moon and I understand your concerns, but fingers x everything will go well not only in the next 2 weeks but in the next 8 months.

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #183 on: 17/04/19, 19:21 »
    Thank you Bailey and MAC,

In total shock, when the nurse told me today I responded - you must be joking, havenít you seen my file?

She had to show me the screen for it to sink in!

ARGC agreed to monitor me so off for bloods and scans tomorrow.

In the meanwhile IB emailed that result of the biopsy from 5 blastocysts confirm that 2 are normal. My donor is 23 so I was actually surprised that so many were abnormal. One of the abnormal embies had multiple chromosomal abnormalities.

I guess it proves the point that even young ladies produce eggs with defects and biopsy can reduce the risk of transferring abnormal ones.

These two will wait for us in the freezer.

Xxx
    T

Offline wyzekat

• where there's a will there's a way 😊
    modify
    « Reply #184 on: 18/04/19, 08:02 »
    Sorry a quick message to Mac.
    We did 1 de cycle in UK that ended in miscarriage, just need to agree with Helen in that the donors are much older unless you know someone who will donate for you but then it costs a bomb. You have more chance of chromosone issue with uk (which is not widly published) and you can wait up to 2 years for a donor. Frozen eggs do not survive or are not as good as frozen embryos so that to take into account also( bourn hall told us this when i had eggs taken before chemo).
    Success in uk is around 25% where other countries are more advanced and with younger donors are round 45%. So it may cost a little more with flights etc. You may find you do more cycles in the uk. Totally your choice😘
    As for my 2 we will tell them from a very young age (around 3) so they grow up knowing rather than tell them when older and have them feel like they were lied to (consellor adviced this). At the end of the day if it wasn't for me they would not exist so they are mine through and through.
    Hope this helps
    And big hugs to all 😙
    Bailey - gutted for you hun, hope they sort you out. I had multiple miscarriages and tried intralipids and all sorts to no avail. When i went more natural with the cycle we got our pair. Got everything crossed they sort it out. Were any of the embies tested? Can still be the embryos at fault! Xxxx

Offline maraki

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #185 on: 18/04/19, 08:34 »
    Good Morning ladies!!

I hope everyone is doing fine!

Omg Taiga!!! Such an amazing news!! Without a doubt miracles do exist!! Now relax and enjoy! And trust that everything will be fine..😍😍

Updates from me... I did the transfer yesterday... from 11 eggs , 6 were fetilized and 3 made it to blastosist .

They transfer me 1 ...fingers cross!! Dr Castillo said it was good the transfer but obviously we donít know ... waiting for the best. I have to do the blood test next Thursday to see if I am pregnant 🤰..

Yesterday I stayed at the hotel all day sleeping and watching tv... and my family is coming today for Easter we will fly out on Sunday...
    My only fear itís to do something wrong or walk too much ... I am just afraid to lose it!

For the news I just want to say that the procedure was very professional and I am very happy with the results as well. The donor is 20 years old. I only got that info and the blood type. Have you all got only this info ladies?
    Big hugs to everyone and baby dust to all😘😘!!

Offline Helen6a

modify
    « Reply #186 on: 18/04/19, 20:03 »
    Hi Maraki

How wonderful on your transfer, do what you feel you can. We walked all around Alicante days after transfer. Yes we found out age and blood group x

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #187 on: 19/04/19, 09:40 »
    Good morning ladies,

Happy Easter holidays to you all. Lovely weather as well.

Maraki - best of luck for the 2WW. I did a lot of slow walks during that time and it helped me to take the mind of the waiting game and symptom spotting (of which I experience none).

How are you Bailey, Helen6a and Helen? Hope all is well? Bailey, did you consider testing for immunes and having treatment if needed in advance of the next transfer? I had Humira, steroids, intralipids and IVIGs before. Something must have worked out of all of that.

I went to ARGC yesterday they did the scan (no change so far, still no f.pole or heart beat) and bloods for immunes. Need to go in tomorrow for more bloods and hang around there in case I need the drip with immune treatment. I fear that my little bean has given up and will not progress from the current stage.

What will be, will be. I cannot move the clock back to avoid taking Gonapeptyl and drinking coffee (if only I knew!).

It is a bit of consolation that we have 2 little and normal chromosomal embryos frozen at IB.

Have a lovely long weekend ladies.
    T

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #188 on: 19/04/19, 11:57 »
    @tajga101
    I have already been tested for immunes by Dr. Gorgy in London. I have got high natural killer cells in both my blood and uterine biopsy. He recommends humira, ivig and steroids(25mg). But my dilemma is that Spain do not agree with his protocol and say it is too harsh a treatment. The doctor at IB wants me to do the next cycle as natural as possible. So no pgs tested embryo, no progynova but a trigger shot to make me ovulate and clexane, steroids(15mg), aspirin and progesterone support. Also, i need to lose about 3 stone before we do the next transfer so i have time on my side to decide what to do. Probably, we won't be doing a transfer until September or October. When you had the ivig in the past were you successful that transfer? How many weeks are you because probably they could not see too much on the scan because it's still early days. Wishing you the best of luck with your next scan. XXX
    @maraki
    Great to hear that the transfer went well. Relax and take it easy over the next couple of days. The only information we received was the age and blood group too. Keeping everything crossed for a BFP. XXX
    @wyzekat
    Thank you for your kind words. So am I right in thinking that when you did the intralipids you were not successful but when you went all natural it was a success with the twins. That's exactly my dilemma because this might well be our last transfer and if i follow Spain and miscarry i will be annoyed that i didn't do the immune protocol. At the same time, if i follow the immune protocol and miscarry i will be annoyed that i didn't go with the natural transfer. Oh I wish someone could tell us what to do. It's so hard when you have conflicting medical advice. XXX
    Wishing everyone a wonderful Easter. XXX

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #189 on: 19/04/19, 21:50 »
    Hi Bailey,
    I totalny get it. It is hard to choose what to do. I trust ARGC as they were the only one who got me pregnant though I had cycles in other places.

I took Humira (2 injections) and I am happy I did but would not do that again. My cytokines have been behaving since and it has now been 1.5 years at least since.

In my case IB also did not suggest and immune treatment but I knew I want ARGC to monitor me if I get pregnant.

I was on steroids in my former cycle (1mg of dexo). It was a small dose and it was enough. 25mg sound rather high.

Have you tried ARGC? They do not do all the treatments that Dr Gorgy does. Perhaps worth second opinion?

Best wishes
    T