* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 72959 times)

0 Members

Offline wyzekat

• where there's a will there's a way 😊
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #190 on: 20/04/19, 07:35 »
Hi Bailey,
It sure is a mind field! Yes that is correct, i did intralids at 300 a pop and steriods with fragmin (clexane) and still miscarried. With the twins i did prognova whe  my cycle started as normal then progesterone and that's it. I still say it was all due to abnormal embryos (even those created with my own eggs looked fab under the microscope but were obviously not correct). If i was in your boat i'd push for tested embryos at least that will prove the issue lays within your body and not an embryo issue. I will always pop on to keep an eye on how you're doing and i'm keeping everything crossed for you xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #191 on: 20/04/19, 10:16 »
    Hi Everyone,

What a sunny Easter wkd ;D. I went for a run in the park yesterday, watched the sunset and it was so beautiful. The hardest thing is to stay away from rose wine when the weather is so nice! I love wine and I work in the industry, so ist not easy not drink any wine but I have been good lately. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves or at least trying, I know how difficult it is to deal with everything we go through but we have to try to look around and appreciate the good things in life, otherwise, we go crazy.

Bailey, what a dilemma! I don't know much about it but I agree with Wyzekeat in relation to pushing for the tested embryo. When I read your comment on wishing someone could tell us what to do, I know exactly what you mean. What I have been doing, which has helped, is meditating but not seeking for an answer to my problems, just relaxing my mind and letting go of and concerns. It's not like I have enlightenment after meditating, I actually feel the benefit after a few days then is almost like I knew the answer all along.

Tajga: I imagine how anxious you must be these days, but as Bailey said it might be too early. Try to keep strong and believe that your little bean can make until you hear otherwise. I have all my fingers x for you.

Maraki; I am so pleased to hear that everything went well with your transfer. I hope you are relaxing now and enjoying family time in Spain. Fingers x for the next 2 weeks. I don't know the science behind it but I heard that pineapple is very good to help with implantation, a good friend of mine that went through IVF 4 times and on the 4th time she drunk  a lot of pineapple juice, before and after the transfer, we can't say for sure that this was the main factor but her boy is 2 years old now, so if you don't have any allergies why not?

Wyzecat & Helen; Thank you both for the advice and I have been researching a lot about ED in the UK and you are both on the spot with your comments, but the clinics don't really tell you about their statistics when using frozen egg or when using eggs from over 25 donors. Another thing that is really frustrating is all the hiding costs, once you have a consultation you find out the true picture and is twice what they first advertised for.

I have decided to give a go with IB, just deciding on which one to go. It seems easier to get an appointment in Alicante than in Madrid,  the earliest I can an appointment in Madrid is on the 21 of June, with a more experienced doctor that works full time at the clinic. In Alicante, I could get as early as the 13th of May with also an experienced doctor, but when I read his profile on the website he doesn't seem like he works full time in the clinic as he is Italian. My questions to you ladies- does it make any difference if the doctor is full time on the clinic? My hubby thinks that in Madrid we will have more chances to find a donor because is the Capital, but I am not sure I agree with that, I would think that they can be sending info across all the branches no? Any recommendations Madrid or Alicante?

Have a nice Easter everyone and big hugs.

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #192 on: 20/04/19, 20:44 »
    Hi MAC

Well done in making decision, now will be easier as the next steps will be outlined and you just follow them one at a time.

Thank you for keeping fingers crossed, really appreciated and needed!

As for chromosomal testing, after my miscarried due to trisomy I decided that I will never put any embryo back without checking first.

At IB our donor was 23 and out of 5 tested embryos - only 2 were normal yet they all looked good. I was surprised to see so many testing abnormal and one having severe abnormalities where more then 1 chromosome is wrong.

Have a lovely rest of the Bank holiday weekend!

Xxx
    T

Offline doxie

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #193 on: 21/04/19, 14:50 »
    Hello Mac, at the beginning I asked for an appointment at IB Alicante on Skype and I got it really quickly but the doctor that was assigned to me seemed to me that not have much experience after reading her profile. So I asked for an appointment with Dr. Bernabeau but it had to be in Madrid because he spends most of his time there. I also thought that being in the capital could be an advantage for me because of the flights from Toronto. I want to enter in the pregnancy guarantee program. Sorry for the mistakes, I'm using google trasnlate.

Offline Helen6a

modify
    « Reply #194 on: 21/04/19, 21:13 »
    We never considered any other but Alicante due to the ease to get there as we live about 30 mins from the airport which flies there up to 4 times a day. We had Dr Castillo who we met on our first visit and was very happy to proceed x

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #195 on: 22/04/19, 14:51 »
    Hi Ladies
    Hope everyone is enjoying this glorious Bank Holiday.
    We are considering going for a second opinion regarding our immune issues. I'm not convinced with Dr Gorgy's immune treatment plan. I think it is rather harsh and also very expensive. We are thinking of going to ARGC to seek the second opinion and fingers crossed they will except the blood tests we already have had done and not require us to do a whole load more. We are hoping they will help us to understand exactly what is going on with the results so that we can make a more informed decision about what to do with the immunes for our next transfer. Please God we get the answers we need.
    Baby dust to everyone but especially to Maraki fingers crossed for your BFP. How is the 2ww treating you?

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #196 on: 22/04/19, 16:30 »
    Hi Bailey,

Glad you are considering a second opinion. I went to both Gorgy and ARGC before for my cycles and I did cane back to ARGC to monitor me as I really trust them.

If you do not want Humira they will work alongside you to try to prepare you for the transfer in advance. It may involve testing during your started cycle (within first 5 days) to see if you need IVIGs before and if you should get steroids. I had both. Even now I am on 10mg of prednisone as my results came back with a flare of NK cells.

I may as well try everything. It will not stop miscarriage due to chromosomal issues (I hope there are none!) but gives a best chance for me to keep this miracle pregnancy.

I am going there for a check up tomorrow.

Big hugs
    T

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #197 on: 22/04/19, 17:34 »
    Hi tajga101
    Thanks for your encouraging words. Keep us posted on how it goes tomorrow. Do you have a scan booked?
    Dr Gorgy had me on 25mg of prednisolone but Spain only wanted me on 10mg and divided dose of 5mg am and pm. I am just not sure that i need humira as my cytokines were not elevated but i believe it can also be used to lower nk cells. And then also the ivig is a blood product and therefore rather expensive if we could do intralipids instead i would be happier. I guess the real issue is that i don't really understand his rationale for his immune protocol and even though i have seen him on a number of occasions he still has not helped me to understand exactly what is going on just that basically in his opinion i need it. i'm hoping that ARGC will give me a little bit more of an explanation when they give their second opinion. Do you recommend any of the doctors in particular for the immune issues?
    Best of luck with your follow up tomorrow. xxx

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #198 on: 23/04/19, 10:26 »
    Hi ladies,

Today was a good day. I saw a little heart beat !
    HCG levels well above 50,000 now so they stop measure these.

I have a bit of temperature but hopefully only because of all the emotions.

Bailey, after checking my immunes and seeing only NK cells that flare up - they have given me intralipids infusion. I know that for TNF alpha and cytokines they give IVIGs. If you only have NKs out the same could be recommended for you.

As for the doctors, personally I recommend Dr Sapna.

Best
    T

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #199 on: 23/04/19, 12:09 »
    @tajga101
    Great news today. I am delighted for you both. It's amazing when you see the heartbeat and your HCG is good too. Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months. Thanks for your advice i will go with that doctor when i get around to arranging the appointment. Xxx