* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 33496 times)

0 Members

Offline Cma700

• Gold Member
  • Anything is possible xxx
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #20 on: 29/12/18, 19:00 »
Thatís great news Bailey ! Hope you are managing to relax a little.
Hope everyone is having a nice Christmas break.
 Iím struggling a little Had spotting on day 12 of cycle had my scan yesterday and Dr in uk said it was ok. Feeling confused - Dr Moliner looked at the scan and said it was fine.
the lining was 12mm and it had a triple lining. So hopefully ok Iím worried the lining is old. The uk Dr did say as I upped the dose of hrt it could cause it.
Transfer planned for Thursday 3rd. I have asked for an extra scan as Iím worried so got that on the 2nd in IB.
Just booked the flights so fly out tomorrow very pricey!
Does anyone know if they do bloods to check oestrogen levels that the lining isnít old? I think Iím just stressing.
Can anyone give  me some hope that after all my cycles there is a chance at IB. I have had 4IVF OE in uk and 1 DE at IB  Iím trying to stay positive 😳

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 30/12/18, 08:32 »
    Cma Iíve never had a blood test to check levels but Iím sure you can just ask, I did 5 rounds with my eggs then first donor round ended in MC then the next 2 worked I know itís impossible to not over think things I was the opposite to you this time my lining was thin and looked rubbish only barely a triple layer so needed extra meds at the 11th hour I was convinced my body had failed again but nope. Good luck x x
    Helen x

Offline Helen6a

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 30/12/18, 19:14 »
    Good luck Cma x

Offline Broken

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 30/12/18, 19:42 »
    Hi ladies, Iím new here! A little about me... 27, POF, AmH less than 0.2 2 years ago! Earlier this year, against advice of clinics (as was told my chances were so slim) we tried OE IVF. It was a success to everyoneís surprise, unfortunately we lost our beautiful boy at 19 weeks due to chromosomal and other abnormalities. After this we decided to move to donor egg IVF at IB Alicante as it was apparent that I not only had very limited quantity but that I also lacked in quality too. Iím currently in the first week of treatment cycle & have my day 12 scan on Thursday. Obviously the clinic canít really give any dates of time frames yet... so I was just wondering what sort of timing do most people fly over? We have to fly over for  the day of retrieval as husband needs to do his part? Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay? We are taking our 3yr old with us so want to take her into consideration for where to stay, without being too far from the clinic?
    Finally, we feel like we will transfer two (if we are lucky enough), is this what most people do? I ffeel at a bit of a loss with it all this cycle. Unlike OE IVF I feel like Iím not really prepping myself and donít really feel that involved in the whole process so far.

Good luck to everyone else who is also cycling now or in the near future!
    Ps. I have no idea if I have done this post correctly!.. or in the right place!

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 30/12/18, 20:47 »
    Welcome
    Usually the egg collection is around day 14-18 of your cycle ish but they will give you 48-72 hours notice. We have a 4yr old from our last DE cycle and decided it was too mich hassle, so my hubby flew out on the first flight of Gatwick 5am for egg retrieval at 10am then he went for lunch read the paper and flew home late afternoon
    I then flew out for transfer and I stayed the night before at Deniya which is a 3 minute walk to the clinic then had the transfer and flew home that early evening.
    The first time we went we went together and stayed the full 5 days and stayed at the Melia right on the beach 7e in a taxi to the clinic. But in the winter there just wasnít anything to do there and we were bored senseless lol
    Helen x x

Offline Broken

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 30/12/18, 21:43 »
    Thank you so much for that! Weíd not really considered that option of going separately, but it kind of does make sense. We wanted to take our little girl with us, but if there isnít anything to do... which Iím sure there isnít at this time of year... then itís probably easier to go separately. I think the other reason is that when it was my OEIVF, because I only had 2 collected, it was automatically a day 2 transfer as to not risk anything... so itís hard to get my head around a 5dt. What days did you get your updates from the clinic about how the donor was doing?!

Thank you again xx

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 31/12/18, 08:29 »
    We have been out 4 times altogether as I went out for a hysteroscopy too again I went in my own. The shopping is quite good but a lot of the restaurants close in the winter although itís often sunny itís usually only around 13-16 degrees so not warm enough to play on the beach.
    Umm I think I had 3 updates when the donor was having her scans it just said egg collection is looking like the 19 and then on the last scan it went to the 21st so glad we held out to book flights. I know this time of year they run on skeleton staff so might not be so forth coming. They will provide a driver for you from the airport to either hotel or straight to the clinic and return again or if you go separately they will do it for one of you
    A taxi was about 20e I think.
    My transfer was at 1130 I think so k my bag with me then jumped in a taxi had some lunch on the beach 2 lovely restaurants in front of the melia hotel and just read a magazine and relaxed then went to the airport about 3 for flight home.

Offline Cma700

• Gold Member
    • Anything is possible xxx
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 31/12/18, 10:55 »
    Welcome Broken. I know what you mean about not feeling part of it with DE, OE ivf itís so intense. Where as this seems distant. With ours Hubbie did sample and they froze it. the Donor egg had collection and then they froze the embryos as we were testing 3 of them. Then I did a frozen cycle in May and high was unsuccessful
    I am in the middle of a cycle at the minute transfer on Thursday.

Does anyone know about  predisalone started today it says to take 1 pill of 12 mg every 12 hours. Just taken one doesn't it stop you sleeping?
    Xx

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 31/12/18, 16:00 »
    My little boy actually has it when his chest is really really bad and it makes him a bit hyper but heís only 4, I did take it on one of my cycles but I donít remember what it did for me. Lol
    Helen x
    Happy new year everyone 😘

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 1/01/19, 15:57 »
    Hi ladies. I didn't go into the new year on a good note bleed a little last night and feel like it's all over again. Xxx