* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 72982 times)

0 Members

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #200 on: 23/04/19, 17:16 »
@tajga101
I rang up ARGC and i could get a second opinion from them but if they said i needed intralipids they would not be willing to give them to me as i would need to have my transfer with them also. The lady on the phone said that they don't do immune treatments for new patients only if you are having your treatment at ARGC. So i'm back to square one because if they recommended the intralipid where in London could i get it done.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #201 on: 23/04/19, 20:01 »
    Hi Bailey,

So sorry to hear you are getting mixed opinions and hitting walls.
    I remember when I did my test my dr showed me my levels (of what I canít remember - toxic something in cells bla bla) and post treating with steroids.
    Does your consultant in Spain refuse to have your adjunct therapy done by someone else or they are refusing the treatment? My steroids and klexane were managed and prescribed by the Lister in London as they work with IB. I think we started on 50 (some moons ago) but very quickly went down to 25 and then 15 depending on how I was handling the meds.
    Dr Moliner in Spain said as the Lister had done the tests and found those results it was best they managed it. Why I donít know but if your clinics wonít work together thatís quite disappointing.
    Kris xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #202 on: 23/04/19, 20:14 »
    Hi Bailey

I am so sorry. I was not aware of that. I guess my case is a bit different as my last 2 cycles were with ARGC before they suggested egg donor route for me.

They agreed to monitor me but I am not a new patient indeed, have been with them on/off for 2 years now.

Sorry, I was not aware they would not be able to support you as a new patient of no transfer is done with them :(

Best wishes
    T

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #203 on: 23/04/19, 21:14 »
    @tajga101
    I may still go to them for a second opinion but someone else said that they tend to go for ivig rather than intralipids. I have I think found another consultant in London that will do the intralipids even if you are not cycling with them. I will have to make some phoncalls tomorrow. Xxx
    @ladykris
    Thank you for your kind words. It really is a minefield. I don't understand half of it so I need to find a doctor who can explain it and help me agree with the treatment plan. At the moment I don't agree that I need no treatment or that I need such an intense treatment which is very costly. Hope you are keeping well. Xxx

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #204 on: 23/04/19, 21:44 »
    @ladykris
    The problem is that ib don't feel I need any extra treatment for the immune issues. They will give me steroids and clexane but don't agree with the humira or ivig that Dr gorgy wants me to have. I'm not on board with doing nothing and possibly miscarry again or doing the gorgy treatment plan and spending an absolute fortune on top of the ivf treatment. I could also miscarry on his treatment too as there are no guarantees it will work either. But I feel I need to do some immune treatment which would be different to my other transfers.

Offline Laurel1984

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #205 on: 23/04/19, 23:24 »
    Hi everybody, just been catching up on everyoneís stories since I was last on the board. Congrats @tajga thatís such wonderful news about your pregnancy! @bailey Iím so sorry to see that it didnít work out this time around.

I was looking at doing DE IVF with IB last September but decided to give clomid with follicle tracking a shot for a few months. As expected it was tortuous. Every cycle took ages as my periods are so irregular and I never got close to ovulating. I found the whole thing quite demoralising, particularly as I was still reeling from my PoF diagnosis. So new year we decided to start afresh, give up on my eggs (holding onto hope with an amh of 0.1 was possibly doing me more harm than good) and move onto DE IVF with IB.  @Doxie we also wanted the pregnancy guarantee scheme but were declined because I have fibroids. I think you have to do a 3D scan with them to be considered so if this involves a lot of travel and cost for you I would recommend you be upfront with the doctor about your chances. My doctor at home had given me a thumbs up notwithstanding the fibroids as Iíd had a hysteroscopy and they werenít impacting my endometrium or causing other problems. I do wonder if you have to have a perfect record to be accepted into the pregnancy guarantee scheme.... Now Iím doing a 3 month prostap course to shrink the fibroids a bit before hopefully doing my first transfer in summer. Canít wait to finally do something that has more than 1% chance of working! 

It seems like everywhere I turn for the past 2 years there is a pregnancy announcement, unsolicited ultrasound, baby shower invites or birth, all of which are really lovely but can be overwhelming and at my lowest points gave made me feel incredibly sad...and now just impatient to get started! Best of luck to everyone in their 2ww or with transfers coming up!

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #206 on: 24/04/19, 08:21 »
    @Bailey 77
    I see now the issue. That must be incredibly frustrating for you. Especially as you havenít felt corgi has explained the reasons behind the treatment fully - have you asked for a consultation from him explaining the treatment and the reasons why?
    I know itís patriarchal and all of that - but I sometimes found it helped to send my OH at them when we felt our questions were not being answered. Just because I deal with them so much on so many levels and OH felt fine being really direct and stating distrust without reasoning etc. It usually got results - go figure.
    Itís paramount obviously that you get very solid reasoning behind this new add on treatment if it is super expensive.

Kris xx

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #207 on: 24/04/19, 08:24 »
    @Laurel1984
    Sounds very disheartening what you have been going through.
    I can very much relate to finally going in for a treatment where you have an actual shot of it working. Itís so different. Night and day really.

I hope it goes well shrinking the fibroids and you have a successful transfer in the summer.
    Kris

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #208 on: 24/04/19, 10:33 »
    @laurel1984
    Thank you for your kind words. Best of luck with the medication to shrink the fibroids. I hope your next transfer will be successful. xxx

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #209 on: 24/04/19, 18:32 »
    Hi ladies
    So I phoned a clinic this morning which will except the results I already have  and if the Dr recommends a treatment I can have it done there even if we don't cycle with them. So I'm quite relieved and will definitely push ahead with the second opinion on my immune issues. Hope you are all keeping well. Xxx