* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 72396 times)

0 Members

Offline ladykris

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #210 on: 24/04/19, 19:16 »
Iím really pleased to hear this @Bailey 77. Well done for persevering.
X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline doxie

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #211 on: 24/04/19, 23:47 »
     Hi, Laurel 1984
     I suffer from fibroids too, so it is more than certain that they do not accept me.
    Thanks for the information of 3D ultrasound, it is good to know this before the appointment by skype. I will ask about this to Dr. Bernabeau. Good luck with your treatment

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #212 on: 25/04/19, 14:12 »
    Hi ladies,
    So I spoke with the miscarriage clinic in London and a consultation is £325. Then the lady told me that the doctor would want to do his own immune tests at a cost of approximately £1,400. Please God i can convince the hubby to get on board with this. I was actually hoping to use the bloods i already had done but they are almost a year and a half old and were taken straight after a miscarriage so personally i think it would be good to repeat them. In the grand scheme of things, if i don't need the humira and ivig it will be safer and i will have cut down on costs. Baby dust to all. Maraki how are you keeping?

Offline wyzekat

• where there's a will there's a way 😊
    modify
    « Reply #213 on: 25/04/19, 21:01 »
    Just a thought Bailey......
    If spain are saying they want to go more natural, what about doing it but requesting a test embryo?
    Have the convo that you feel it's your immune issue but if they really don't think it is and you do loss a tested fetus then they agree to discount a further cycle and accept you need the extra therapies.
    I have lost my fair share but i went with them and it was defective embryos (even when they look cracking)
    If it's tested then you have a definitive answer. To be fair there isn't many that agree the intralipids etc. do actually do anything.
    Just a thought seeing as your  new tests look like they're not far off the cost of a cycle!
    Fingers crossed it gets you your take home baby which ever route it takes xx

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #214 on: 25/04/19, 21:19 »
    @ wyzekat thank you for your thoughts.
    The last embryo transferred was a pgs tested embryo but I still miscarried. Hence, the doctor is saying that now we know it's not the embryo we should go down the natural as possible route. But I am convinced after three miscarriages that the missing link is the immune issues. I had a natural transfer on the nhs and also miscarried but that was not pgs tested.

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #215 on: 25/04/19, 21:29 »
    Although I am thinking we should transfer a tested embryo because at least that way we can rule out the embryos being the problem. But I did have two transfers with pgs tested embryos when I was at ivfspain and neither one took. So now I'm classed as low ovarian reserve, repeated implantation failure and recurrent miscarriage. And to think when we started out on our journey I had no fertility problem.  It was my husband who had the low sperm count. We are a right pair. LoL

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #216 on: 25/04/19, 21:39 »
    Another good thing about the new doctor is the Secretary said he is familiar with the team at Ib and has worked alongside them before for other people.

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #217 on: 25/04/19, 22:25 »
    Hi ladies,

I am trying to keep up but this thread is moving really fast. I have been really busy with work and studying as well.

Bailey; It seems like you have been super busy yourself, and I can only imagine how hard it must have been for you trying to figure out what is best financially and making sure you have the best chances possible.

Laurel1984, I am sorry to hear about your POF diagnosis I know it can take some time to get your head around it. I did exactly like you, I tried naturally with 0.2 amh but only did one cycle with Clomid, which I did get pregnant but I miscarried at week 8. I was devasted and my symptoms from POF really hit after that and life was miserable, until I decided to start the HRT patches. It took a while to find the right one, but I am finally feeling myself again. I still struggle from day 15 to day 26, this is when I need to take progesterone and it can be hard; from feeling bloating to headaches, but is better than it was before. Good luck with shrinking your fibroids and Keep strong  ^hugme^

tajga10; so glad to hear everything is going well, it must have been very emotional hearing the heartbeat.

Doxie; Thank you for the note and when are going to Madrid?

As for me, I am going to Madrid on the 28th of June, this was the earliest day available with a more experienced doctor. Now is trying to hold the anxiety. I took me a while to decide to try with EG and now I am kicking myself thinking why it took me so long? What if is too late now? So hard! I am trying to focus on my job and studying for a course I am doing, but sometimes I can't help myself and I start to overthink.

I better do a quick meditation before I go to bed tonight. :)

Good luck to everyone a big hugs.

Offline wyzekat

• where there's a will there's a way 😊
    modify
    « Reply #218 on: 26/04/19, 07:48 »
    I didn't realise they had used tested embryos, so if they have been tested and you have stilllost then i can't see why they wouldn't support some immune theropy  :-\
    Just a another small thought!! My auntie (40 odd yrs ago) had 3 miscarriages when they 1st started trying to concieve, on her 4th pregnancy they put her on bed rest for the 1st 13 weeks and she then had her 2 children, she struggled with good implantation but doing not a lot in those early days worked and my cousins are now in their 40's. Just another thought maybe also taking it very steady in those early days could help. I know what it's like to be in your shoes and tried everything for many years.
    Got everything crossed something works for you both xxx

Offline maraki

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #219 on: 26/04/19, 13:51 »
    Hello ladies,

So much to catch up!

Bailey well done you!! I would also try to find out as much as you can about you inmune's before doing another transfer....I also cannot understand why IB would like to insist with the same protocol....after doing pgs to the embryos...
    I hope you find the right place!!fingers cross!! And totally understand about hubby....

My update is no good....I did the Hcg test yesterday and it came back negative...I tried to stay put yesterday...but today I feel so down and depressed, I just want cry all the time! It's been so difficult to organise everything with my hubby and my son...my hubby it's not the most supportive, he questions everything I do, even if he did accept and wants to have another baby, still all it's an issue for him and the money obviously matters a lot and he doesn't want to spend anymore on this....

I just keep thinking over and over what have I done wrong....I think I did a lot of efforts probably with luggage the day day after the transfer...it's so difficult when you are alone...

I went for acupuncture the day before the transfer, and twice on the transfer day Pre-post...

If someone can tell me..what have you done just after the transfer? At the clinic, have you stayed in bed for long time and after that?
    And what about your 2nd day?

Also I have been thinking what Taiga said about having 5 embryos tested and only 2 being normal with a 23 years old donor...that sounds crazy..especially if it's true that the donor have had a Karyotipe test done, don't you think?

I only have 2 embryos left....would you advice to do the pgs? If I loose them I won't be able to do another treatment this is it.

Sorry ladies for this sad and bad news...I know it's a possibility but I guess we are never prepared for another failure and another failure..

I wish everyone the best of luck !!!

@ Taiga your news are amazing I am so happy for you!!!

Best, Maraki