* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 72744 times)

0 Members

Offline Marguerite02

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #250 on: 13/05/19, 03:47 »
Congratulations on this heart warming news Onesock ! Welcome to the world Amalee Jay ! 💗

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline rajivmirani

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #251 on: 13/05/19, 15:59 »
    Hi all!! Hope u all are well - Reading this forum has finally given me some hope. Just wanted to find out the procedures etc from you lovely ladies. We've been trying for the 3 years but nothing. Unfortunately I suffer from Endemetriosis and one of my ovaries does not respond anymore because of the fact that I had a cyst in that ovary and it seems that while removing the cyst, the doctor may have removed part of the ovary. This seems to be the problem in conveiving. We did an IVF cycle last year but got a BFN and now had our first meeting with IB last month.

We're meant to start with Dr Castillo during my next cycle which is probably going to start end of this month. I just wanted know what exactly is the schedule like? When do I need to be in Alicante, how many days for, what monitoring do they do, etc etc. Any advice would be soooo helpful. Positive vibes and energy to all of you that are going through this now

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #252 on: 14/05/19, 12:01 »
    Hi rajivmirani,
    Are you doing treatment with your own eggs or donor eggs.

Offline rajivmirani

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #253 on: 14/05/19, 12:52 »
    Hi Bailey - Hope your well! Have been following your journey through this thread and praying that everything works our for you soon. We will be doing the transfer with our own eggs. Any advice on the way everything goes.

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #254 on: 14/05/19, 13:03 »
    Where are you based?
    You will need to have your scans in your own country to monitor your response to the stimulation medication and possibly bloods done too. Then all going well you will be given a date for egg collection.  Then you should book your flights and accommodation. You should arrive in alicante the day before egg collection at least. Then you could stay in alicante for a little holiday until please God they do a transfer on day 5. After that you can fly home whenever you wish. Anymore questions don't hesitate to ask. Sending you lots of baby dust. Xxx

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #255 on: 14/05/19, 13:03 »
    Ps thank you for your kind words and thoughts.
    Xxx

Offline rajivmirani

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #256 on: 14/05/19, 13:41 »
    Bailey thank you so much for your support! Means a lot
    We are currently based in Morocco - Have done all the tests and scans here and have sent it over to IB. My cycle should start around the 28th or 29th and I've been told to do a scan and send them the scan on the 1st day of the cycle. Just wanted to find when exactly do u start the hormone injections? Is it on day 2 or day 1? And when do you have your second scan? Been told that the first 2 scans will be done in Morocco and then I need to make my way to Alicante for the other scans and blood tests. Wanna get mysef organised with flights, accommodation etc. Have you gone through a similar procedure/protocol? Sorry my lingo is really bad when it comes ton this. Really worried and anxious this time... Hoping for the best

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #257 on: 14/05/19, 13:47 »
    Yes I've been through it a couple of times. I cannot remember when exactly the injections start but I imagine it's after you have the first scan. It's quite a while since we used our own eggs as we moved on to donor due to poor response to stimulation medication. The clinic is excellent though and they will send you a treatment plan soon that outlines everything and all the steps you need to take.

Offline rajivmirani

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #258 on: 14/05/19, 13:55 »
    Thanks again Bailey - We were a bit confused about which clinic to go with but I think we've made a good choice. We're hoping to be in Alicante around the 4th or 5th for 2 weeks ( Might as well make it a little holiday ). If any of you lovely ladies are there around the same time, would love to meet you for a coffee/tea and share our experiences. Lots of love to all of you. 

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #259 on: 14/05/19, 13:59 »
    Have a lovely time in Ailicante. I wish I was going too but not doing a transfer until September or October.