* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 38790 times)

0 Members

Offline shoegals

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #380 on: 21/02/20, 22:29 »
Bailey wishing you the very best of luck, look forward to hearing your good news.

Love_lucy - my satellite clinic has sent on all my bloods, smear and mammogram so basically just waiting on the Skype consultation appt with IB. What about you?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #381 on: 24/02/20, 20:14 »
    Hi all,

Is anyone doing a transfer in the next 3 weeks? I can't believe I am saying this, but I am finally cycling for a transfer soon. I am so anxious and overwhelmed, hoping our donor gives us healthy eggs and hoping they make to the blastocyst stage. This is the moment I have been waiting for and planning and now is finally happening. I just don't get why it feels like someone is squeezing my heart right now. I don't have any doubt that I want to be a mother and I am trying wherever it takes to make it happen, but suddenly I have been questioning everything in my life, from my career to my marriage and even contemplating what a crazy thing to have a child at 42 years old. I  really don't know what is happening.
    Has anyone felt the same way just before ET?

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #382 on: 25/02/20, 13:39 »
    Shoegals - fingers crossed the end of April. Weíre scrambling around getting all our infection screening done at the moment.

Mac78 - Not sure if itís normal but I definitely felt that way before ET. Even when I got pregnant I had a moment of Ďoh my gosh is this what I wantí (of course it was!!!) I think the preparation takes a lot out of us and the waits are so long that the fact itís finally happening is quite overwhelming. Hormones donít help either!xx

Offline louisethewanderer

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #383 on: 27/02/20, 18:41 »
    Mac 78 - Iím due to have my ET next week. Itís my first time with DE and after 8 years TTC I too am feeling a whole host of emotions. Mainly excited, but also quite nervous - in case it all gets cancelled last minute. Itís taken me a long time to get to this point so I think Iíve finally got my head around using DE, but I will no doubt still have the occasional wobble. Iíll let you know how it goes for me and please try not to worry (especially about your age as I have a few years on you).

Online Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #384 on: 29/02/20, 09:05 »
    Thank you Love_Lucy & Louise for the emotional support.

Unfornutaley, I am still very confused and considering cancelling the Transfer this month as DH and I are not in good synchronization right now. I don't know if  I am expecting too much from him, but organizing the time for both of us to be in Alicante has been much more stressful than I anticipated. I wish he would say less of "when do you want to there" and instead  "I want to make sure I am there". He was happy to go first to provide the sperm and I will stay alone to for the TF, which I am sure I will be fine and I won't need anyone to baby seat me, but is the whole emotional process and the wanting to be together to somehow feel a bit more like a "normal conceiving". When I tried to explain this to him this morning and said how much I wish he would be more into the details of the treatment, instead of me telling him all the time what we need to do and when his answer was, you have no idea how much stress I am under with work and trying to this at the same time. It is the same for me as I also have a job, plus dealing with taking medication all the emotions of going through this treatment. His answer was but is not like you have the responsibility to provide, because he earns much more than I do and all the money we are saving to buy a house comes from his salary. But is not like I don't help at all, I don't earn as much as him but all I earn is dedicated to us and our plans, such as paying for half of the treatment which isn't easy.
    I am not sure if this is the right way to bring a child into the world with all this feeling bottled up.
    Does anyone know what is the success rate for a frozen egg? I am seriously considering asking Alicante to freeze the eggs collected from my donor and wait another month or 2, at least until we can talk things through.
    I really don't know have anyone else to ask so any advice you be hugely appreciated.

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #385 on: 1/03/20, 16:44 »
    Mac if you feel like you want to wait and resolve these feelings first then thatís the right thing to do for you. Iím not sure on the success differences between fresh and frozen but do think stress can really impact it so its sounds right that you want to be in a comfortable and happy place before you continue

Offline express19

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #386 on: 2/03/20, 06:45 »
    Mac, it seems like you are under a lot of stress and don't feel bad about it as this is a very stressful journey. I am doing this solo and just had a failed transfer in December, so I get the feeling of not having someone to share the journey with. Your partner must also be undergoing some stress, but I think we feel it more because of the drugs we are taking. When I am on the meds, I sometimes find myself on the brink of tears at very minor things, say like the checkout queue that am on moving very slowly ;D...not to trivialise things, but trying to cheer you up! All this will pass and you will surely smile when you get a BFP and the baby arrives ^hugme^

Try to have a sit down with your partner, like Love_Lucy said, stress can have an impact on the treatment. Hang in there, we are all here for you ^hugme^

Offline wyzekat

• where there's a will there's a way 😊
    modify
    « Reply #387 on: 3/03/20, 08:40 »
    Just wanted to pop on and say Mac that freezing an egg isn't as good as freezing an embryo. What about he goes out and does the sperm drop off and then you ask to freeze the embryos until you're ready? You'll get better success that way (fresh is still best as it hasn't been tampered with as much). Men don't tend to get as involved as we do with ivf, i can understand you want him to be there for the transfer and i'd insist on that personally but generally the other stuff tends to be down to us (to be fair we do a far better job of organising things  ;D ). Looks to me like he just wants to be sure he can provide for you when the baby comes which he will feel is his job the same as my husband so my advice would be let him do what he feels is his roll and worry about providing for you. My hubby works long hours because he wants to make sure we have what we need to have the best life we can for the kids.  :) Good luck and i hope you come to a resolution that makes  you both happy xx

Offline wyzekat

• where there's a will there's a way 😊
    modify
    « Reply #388 on: 3/03/20, 08:41 »
     Best of luck Bailey i'm routing for you  ^pray^ xx

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #389 on: 3/03/20, 21:16 »
    Thanks wyzekat. We have our first appointment with the clinic next Tuesday. Xxx