* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 52040 times)

0 Members

Offline Marbles

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #390 on: 4/03/20, 20:51 »
Good luck Bailey. I have everything crossed that you get your little miracle

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #391 on: 4/03/20, 20:55 »
    Thanks marbles and congratulations on your pregnancy. Xxx

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #392 on: 8/03/20, 20:41 »
    Hi all,

Just a quick note to say thank you for all the support. Last week was very emotional indeed and all your messages really helped me to stay focus and find my balance again. In the end, DH came to the conclusion by himself that he should have planned better to make sure that he is by my side on the transfer day. He had to move things around with work and he's been working remotely, while we are Spain, and for the first time, we managed to go for a run together yesterday. We both feel more relaxed this week, I went for a run by myself this morning and spent the afternoon reading on the beach and only when a friend sent me a support message before dinner I realized that I hadn't thought about the treatment the whole day. Tomorrow is the appointment before transfer and I hope we can get all covered.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on prophylactic antibiotics to improve embryo transfer?
    I noticed that my cervical mucus is ever more intense lately, should we ask  Dr Castillo if he will remove the mucus prior to the transfer? I have read different opinions about it and I am not sure what to think of it.

Bailey 77; which IB is your app and good luck with it. It's on the same day as my transfer so fingers x for us.

Happy women's day to you all.

Hugs to everyone.
    x

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #393 on: 8/03/20, 20:49 »
    Mac78 I'm happy to hear that everything has worked itself out and that you are going ahead with transfer. Wishing you all the best of luck for your transfer and a bfp.
    I'm no longer with ib I was with them in Alicante but as my husband got medical insurance cover with the new job we have to move to a clinic in London. But I like to keep an eye on what's going on at ib. Lol

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #394 on: 9/03/20, 10:50 »
    Bailey - Best of luck with your new clinic, hope you stay with us on your new journey.

Mac - best of luck with your transfer you are in good hands.

Love_Lucy are you dealing with the clinic directly, we are still waiting on an appt for the skype consult but our clinic here have sent everything they need to. I guess they are super busy as usual.

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #395 on: 9/03/20, 17:29 »
    Mac - so glad things with OH got better. How did the appointment go? Hope youíre having a lovely time in Alicante!

Shoegals - For our first cycle with IB which gave us our daughter we did the affiliation with our fertility clinic. We didnít have to have a skype consultation as everything was handed over from our UK clinic, we had a PA just start emailing us explaining what we had to do. I was required to fly out there for a 3D scan though so maybe they handled it all then.
    I know it can take a long time for appointments though as yes they do always seem busy. We went direct this time and knowing I wanted to transfer at the end of April, I got in touch early Jan and had my skype appointment a month later.

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #396 on: 10/03/20, 13:21 »
    Mac I hope everything goes well with your transfer and you are pupo and in the annoying 2ww. Thinking of you and keeping everything crossed for you. Xxx
    Afm we had our appointment with the new clinic this morning. I have just gotten an authorisation code from the insurance company to cover an ivf package with exclusive donor eggs and sperm. It will take anywhere from 4-8 months to find the donors. Which I'm happy enough with because I have to lose weight. The doctor said my bmi is 36 and she wants it below 30. But she was lovely about it and it was one of my big worries going to the appointment was that they might reject us because of my weight. If anyone knows what could help to lose weight please share. I'm going to the gym 5 days a week and walks almost every day. Also I'm watching what I eat and generally eat protein and vegetables mainly. To date I've only managed to lose 4 pounds. Thanks for all your support ladies I really do appreciate it. Xxx

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #397 on: 10/03/20, 15:12 »
    Hi all,

Thank you all for the best wishes. The transfer went well and I can't faulty IB Alicante as Dr Castillo and his team were amazing. I felt relaxed the whole time and really felt like every single person cared about us. Now, it's the waiting game which I know is not going to be easy :(
    I have done all I could physically and mentally to prepare myself to receive this beautiful embryo; we got 7 AA embryos out of 7 eggs fertilized and Dr Castillo said this was one their best outcome, so now we have 6 frozen.
    I am not sure if this is because of extra dose of progesterone but I am feeling hungry all the time since I left the clinic.

Bailey; good news on the insurance and I am sorry to hear you have to lose weight first. But that's for sure is a good motivation? Have you thought about a personal trainer? Also a nutritionist? I think it would be helpful to have professionals to help you with a balanced diet and the right exercises for you. We are all different with different metabolism, I am a carb person as it does not affect me much, on the other hand, my husband puts on just by looking at carbs ;D. I love running and dancing and this how I push myself when I need to get fit and DH hates both, for him is about cycling and weights. I think the most important thing is to find what makes you feel good and enjoy yourself while losing weight. It will be good for your body and mind.
    Big  ^hugme^

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #398 on: 10/03/20, 15:57 »
    Mac - Iím so glad you had a great experience for the transfer and got such a great result with 6 frozen embryos. How exciting that youíre PUPO!! Sending you so much baby dust!!

Bailey - the new clinic sounds great! Iím glad they made you feel comfortable about your weight. Like Mac78 said, different things work for different people but for me itís reducing carbs. Iím such a carby person and know when I restrict myself of carbs I loose the weight. Iíve also done the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred DVD a couple times which helped me. Itís a high intensity workout in 30 mins everyday for 30 days but not a scary one. Other then that though it sounds like youíve already got some good practises in place.

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #399 on: 11/03/20, 13:30 »
    Love Lucy - thanks we are going through the same clinic we did the last time so I will contact them incase they are delaying things but I know IB are always really busy.

Mac - so glad to hear you are pupo had got such fantastic embryos. The wait is hard but make sure you do some nice things for yourself to pass the time.

Bailey - that's great news, the clinic sound really good and positive. I'm in the same boat as you as I need to lose weight too. I've always found weight watchers really good and it motivates me to go running and walking, which is always good for my head.