* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 52031 times)

0 Members

Offline wyzekat

• where there's a will there's a way 😊
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #400 on: 12/03/20, 21:49 »
Hi bailey, pleased your appointment went well. I had to get a bit of weight off and even more after the twins!
The best way is calorie count, your doing the exercise so that's that bit sorted. Write down everything you eat and aim for 1500 calories a day (i do 1800 on a sunday). Same foods just smaller portions, you can still fit in a bit of the good stuff just less of it (nothing's off limits). If you actually write it down you'll be shocked at how much you're over eating. Last year i lost just over 2 stone doing this and i've kept it off with no effort. Once you've been counting for a month or so you get to know your new portion size. Best of luck for this next phase 😘

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #401 on: 13/03/20, 18:41 »
    Thanks ladies for all the ideas. I'll keep them in mind as I plod along losing this weight.
    Mac thinking of you and I hope the 2 ww passes by quickly. Xxx

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #402 on: 16/03/20, 13:05 »
    Hi all,

Just received an email from IB Alicante informing that all treatments have been suspended from tomorrow. I am really sorry for those of you that were cycling or about to start treatment and I can imagine how frustrating this must be.
    I have to confess that these 2-weeks waiting has become even harder with this Corona virus situation. I am constantly anxious, not just about if we have achieved pregnancy, but also worried if we did, how we are going to be able to protect ourselves from this virus. The stress of not getting the virus would be constantly present and although I know that is very likely that it won't be life-threatening, on my case, but getting the virus on the first trimester could increase chances of a miscarriage. I have friends in Italy and they said that the coughing is the worst stage, so I can't imagine dealing with something like that on the first trimester.

I am trying my best to stay positive and hope for the best outcome but it is not easy. ^pray^.
    How is everyone doing?
    x

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #403 on: 16/03/20, 20:24 »
    Thanks Mac for your update, I had a call from my co-ordinator this morning explaining the same that they’re closing and will be in touch once they’re up and running again. As a private clinic they will be offering up support and equipment to help the government manage this in Spain which is absolutely the right thing to do.

I am really sad though  :-[ we’ve been preparing ourselves for our next cycle for a long time now and you all know the anxiety that comes with it is mentally exhausting. We were wanting to do FET at the end of April which means starting the cycle in about 3 weeks so doesn’t seem likely to be going ahead. Not knowing when we’ll be able to do it is really elevating my anxiety. It’s also giving me all the unfair feelings so how much we have to go through just to get pregnant. I’ve seen all these social posts about how they’ll be a baby boom from all the self isolating which has annoyed me further.

It’s a global crisis and very much out of our control though so I’ll just scream and stamp my feet in my head and understand there’s bigger issues coming from Covid than mine and just wait it out.

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #404 on: 16/03/20, 20:28 »
    Also Mac forgot to say, please keep yourself safe. Hopefully this cycle has worked for you and if so be selfish where you need to make sure you’re protected. Will you still be able to get support from IB seeing as you’re in the middle of treatment? When is your test date?

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #405 on: 20/03/20, 08:25 »
    Mac78 how are you doing? I’m guessing it’s close to test date?

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #406 on: 20/03/20, 12:29 »
    Hi Love_Lucy,

I am hanging in there. It's been harder than I thought as I am having to isolate myself because I started to feel flu-like symptoms 2 days after I came back from Alicante. So I couldn't leave the house to do the blood test yet, and I think it would be too early to do a urine test.

I might do one tomorrow but still deciding it is not best to wait a bit more, I am now on day 11 if you count the transfer day or 10 after transfer. I am not quite sure how we're meant to count it.

How about you? How are you dealing with your cycle being cancelled and not really knowing when you can start?

I hope you're well and trying to keep positive. It is the only thing we can do, but I know how hard it is.
    Big hugs.
    x

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #407 on: 21/03/20, 21:13 »
    Mac I can only imagine how tough it is for you, you waited all this time, finally transferred and now are going through this worry. Keep yourself isolated and protected.

I’m still really down about the cancelled cycle but feel better now that I know they’re closed and it could be a while away. The anxiety of not knowing if it was going to go ahead was really harder to deal with.

I’m grateful to already have a 9 month old from my first DE cycle so am seeing it as more time to give her all my attention. DH is off work for a few weeks because of the virus so thatmeans lots of time together...which could be a good or bad thing  ;D

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #408 on: 24/03/20, 14:58 »
    Thinking about you Mac. Any update did you do a pregnancy test? Sending lots of positive vibes. Xxx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #409 on: 3/04/20, 13:14 »
    Hi Ladies

I hope you and your families are all well. This virus will certainly change the world we live in for sure, in some ways good and in some ways bad.

Ive all sorts of anxiety about this situation, I fear now our FET wont go ahead at all, I'm 44 now and I fear by the time things open up again it may be too late for me.

I know it seems selfish when people are losing their lives and loved ones but I have to put it on paper or say it out loud and I know you will all understand here.

I hope you are all well and stay in touch and big virtual hugs.

Shoegals x