* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 52036 times)

0 Members

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #430 on: 18/07/20, 06:04 »
Hi express19, hopefully well be cycle buddies! I was supposed to be going over in April as well so it feels like its been a long wait. What treatment are you having?

Im nervous about flying and local lockdowns being imposed as well. Where are you from? My PA did mention having a covid test beforehand but said it might be possible to do it over there and also that might change by Aug. She wasnt very clear so I thought wed wait until closer the time to work out what needed to be done. 

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline express19

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #431 on: 18/07/20, 14:30 »
    Hey Love_Lucy, lovely to have a cycle buddy :) I am having embryo donation. I am from the UK. Had to update some of my tests as they are now past the one year mark. Looking forward to August!

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #432 on: 19/07/20, 21:13 »
    Hi Love_Lucy

At the moment it looks like mid Sept for our FET but still not really sure. I'm like you, I am anxious about the local lock-downs etc. I also have an issue getting the time off work to quarantine which looks like it will be here until there is a vaccine. I have been told that I have to be there for max three days. I just asked last week about testing etc but my coordinator has not replied yet.

Hi express19 and ZC sorry I sent you a pm as I thought you were with IB. The best of luck with your transfer, you are probably in Alicante now.

Fingers crossed we all get there in the coming weeks, let me know how you are getting on.

Shoegals x

Offline express19

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #433 on: 21/07/20, 09:18 »
    Hey shoegals :)

I am with IB and starting with my August cycle, so will be due a transfer by late August. No one's mentioned any need to do a Covid19 test, although there is a Covid19 questionnaire that has to be completed before travel.

Hoping nothing changes that will cause a cancellation!

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #434 on: 22/07/20, 19:01 »
    Hi ladies, sorry I've been off here recently but work has been hectic. I'm based in Edinburgh and its all systems go for the next transfer at the end of August. IB do need a cover test but they are happy to do the test out there a few days prior to transfer. I'm just glad quarantine is lifted because that wouldn't have been feasible. I'm not anxious about flying, but maybe thats because my job has involved face to face contact with people throughout the crisis.

Love_Lucy, will this be your first transfer in August? Or have you been out before?
    Xx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #435 on: 22/07/20, 19:08 »
    thats meant to say covid test, not cover test. Darn autocorrect x

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #436 on: 22/07/20, 20:39 »
    Hi vrw100, great to hopefully have another cycle buddy! It will be my second time going to IB. I have a daughter from a fresh egg donor cycle and this time it will be a FET from that same batch. How about for you?

Is the covid test just to see if you have it at that time? Testing seems readily available here at the moment so hopefully I can do it here. Im hoping to spend as little time as possible in Alicante

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #437 on: 24/07/20, 21:11 »
    OMG, how marvellous. I really hope you get a 2nd baby from the same donor. How awesome would that  be!

We have has 2 failed transfers earlier this year, so this will be shot 3 and its the last egg from this donor. So if this doesn't work, then its onto a fresh cycle.

I'm hoping to try and stay out for a little longer this trip and maybe make a holiday out of it. A week? 10 days maybe?

How lovely it is to have cycle buddies though. Its such an odd process. I should have better idea of more precise dates in a week or so. I wonder if we would be out there at the same time?

Xx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #438 on: 24/07/20, 21:22 »
    And I meant to say that I got an email from the clinic yesterday to say that they no longer need covid tests, so I guess that was just a short lived thing xx

Offline Lovingwomen

modify
    « Reply #439 on: 25/07/20, 02:09 »
    Hi ladies, hope you dont mind me jumping on. If you have embryo adoption how long do you have to  stay in Alicante for? Can you have the transfer and leave again now the COVID tests have been dropped? X