* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 52030 times)

0 Members

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #470 on: 24/08/20, 12:59 »
Love_lucy I guess you are getting ready to fly. We have got our sperm donor sorted but egg donor is a bit delayed. They said 6-8 months to find the egg donor but due to covid they are now saying more likely 8 months. We are 5 months on the waiting list so I'm hoping we will be having treatment this side of Christmas. Wishing you the best of luck. Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #471 on: 25/08/20, 15:03 »
    Iím PUPO ladies :)

Transfer went well, the embryo thawed perfectly and I was told it was top grade which was great!

Everyone at the clinic were very friendly and welcoming

The clinic have a new standard practice of testing everyones progesterone levels on transfer day and thank god they did as mine came back a little low. Theyíve told me to add injections in as well as the pessaries. I got a bit stressed with it to be honest, I had to go to a pharmacy in a different part of Alicante to get it (ended up being only about 3 mins away in the car) I had a lovely taxi driver who took me there, waited and then brought me back to the hotel so managed to do it.

Really missed having DH here at that point as he would have just gone and sorted it if he was here. Cost almost Ä200 as well for 3 weeks supply!!...hoping the anxiety levels and running round havenít had a negative impact.

Iím resting now and have mild cramping. Nervous about doing the injection on myself later today. So far in my cycles iíve actually managed to avoid injecting myself!

Alicante is busy with lots of tourists around but not as crazy as it would be usually at this peak time. I did venture out to get some food and bottled water. Everyone wears masks at all times here. Iím staying at Melia which has lots of sanitising stations and the rooms all have stickers to indicate its been disinfected so feels safe enough.

Bailey - glad to hear youíre doing well and hope youíre not having to wait too much longer for the egg donor xx

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #472 on: 25/08/20, 15:06 »
    Congratulations on being pupo. Rest up,relax and take good care of yourself. The thoughts of the injection is probably worse than the actual injections. Keep us posted. Xxx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #473 on: 25/08/20, 21:12 »
    Shoegals,  oh my goodness, maybe we will be out there at the same time at the end of next month then. How exciting! I didn't realise you were on a mock cycle. Is that because this is a new donor? Does that mean you will be having a fresh transfer, rather than a FET?

Love_Lucy, I hope you arrived safely and everything went well with the transfer today. Safe journey home and keeping everything crossed for you.

Xx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #474 on: 26/08/20, 11:06 »
    Love_lucy - congrats on being Pupo so delighted all went well. How did you get on with the injections?

I am sure you are delighted to be heading home to your DH and little one today, safe journey and I have everything crossed for you.

vrw100 - No this is a FET cycle, i dont know why but I've always done a mock cycle, probably just as well as i had lining issues this time that i did not have on my fresh cycle.

Bailey the very best of luck with everything, I really hope the match you with a donor soon.

xx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #475 on: 29/08/20, 10:07 »
    Hi girls, I hope everyone is holding up OK.
    We got our September treatment plan confirmed yesterday so I will be heading out to IB 14-18th September for a transfer.  This will be the last blast from this donor so I'm keeping everything crossed. If this one fails, then its onto a new donor for us.

Shoegals, that would be really exciting if we were out for transfer at the same time. 

Bailey 77, thats brilliant that you have your sperms donor. Im wondering why its going to take so long to find a suitable egg donor? 6-8 months seems awfully long?

Love Lucy, I hope you're resting up and managing to avoid symptom spotting. I'm rubbish, but maybe you have more self control than me.

Xx

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #476 on: 29/08/20, 11:33 »
    Vrw100 thatís great you have your plan in place!! How are you feeling about it all? Have you started meds? Fingers crossed for the last embryo xx

I am symptom spotting like mad!! I havenít really had any though and so been feeling a bit low today and googling everything! Havenít tested yet but am very tempted!! I keep reminding myself though that I wouldnít believe the outcome fully until OTD anyway, if itís negative iíd still be hoping it will turn positive and if itís positive iíd be stressing about it just being a chemical and giving me false hope.

Bailey used to be at IB but is now at a UK clinic so the wait for a donor is a little longer

Xx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #477 on: 29/08/20, 12:27 »
    Awwww Love Lucy, its so so tough. The 2WW is a big challenge. Try really hard not to test this early because if its negative, then it might just be too early to test. Try to think of it like opening your Xmas presents in November and maybe that will put you off testing.

I started the meds yesterday and I'm just glad to get going again tbh. I don't have great hopes for this last cycle because none of the other blasts from this donor took, but never say never.

I've mucked up with the annual leave dates I requested and ended up requesting dates that are too late, but I can fix that on monday.

Xx

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #478 on: 31/08/20, 15:54 »
    Love_lucy when is your test day. Will you test early?

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #479 on: 31/08/20, 17:31 »
    Hi girls, I have just had a rather alarming conversation with easyjet and I would be grateful for your thoughts/opinions on this.

Easyjet have just advised me that I would need to quarantine for 14 days on arrival on Spain but I can't find any information saying this online. If this is true, then I will need to cancel the planned September cycle because I can't possibly do 2 weeks quarantine at either end of the journey. Its bad enough having to do 14 days on arrival back to the UK.

Has anyone else heard about this quarantine on arrival in Spain? Or have easyjet got this wrong?