* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 52038 times)

0 Members

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #480 on: 31/08/20, 19:11 »
Vrw100 Easyjet have it wrong, hereís the information on the gov.uk website which says you donít have to isolate in Spain

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain

Obviously that could change at any time bit for now these are the rules.

Bailey - OTD is on Thurs but I caved yesterday and tested at 5DP5DT. It was positive and quite clear which I was was excited about but I tested again this morning and although still positive it was lighter than yesterday so iím in a bit of panic mode that it might be a chemical. Going to try and wait a couple days now so I can get a clearer answer and have a blood test booked for Thurs

Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #481 on: 31/08/20, 19:16 »
    Love_lucy don't panic it could be that your urine was more dilute. Keeping everything crossed for you that it all goes well. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Xxx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #482 on: 31/08/20, 20:10 »
    Oooooh, Love Lucy, I'm rooting for you chica! Try to stay away from those tempting sticks just for a fe days.

Thank you for that info xx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #483 on: 31/08/20, 21:16 »
    Love_lucy that is so exciting, I am so happy for you. Iím sure all will be well with your bloods and Bailey is right the urine was probably more diluted.

vrw100 - My cycle has been pushed out to 21/22 sept due to my lining issues so pity we wonít be there at the same time. My coordinator advised today that myself and My hubby have to get pcr swab tests for covid prior to travelling to Spain, have you to do this too? Are you flying Monday, transfer tue and then home on wed?

Iím a little stressed now about trying to coordinate these before travelling now.

Shoegals xx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #484 on: 1/09/20, 10:45 »
    Hi shoegals,

Thats a shame we won't be out at the same time and I totally understand the stress of trying to get this covid test done.  Basically, we can't have a COVID test here unless we are symptomatic and I couldn't find anyone to do it privately either.  So I'm planning on having the test done in Spain 2-3 days before the transfer.

The down side is that I will need to stay out in Spain longer than the usual 3 days, but I'm going to do it that way because I was going round in circles trying to find a way to get the test.

Flights are also proving a little challenging with neither easyjet nor jet2 flying to Alicante in September.

Its really tough having all these extra challenges and I share your anxiety about it.  There just seem to be so many obstacles that sometimes I feel that it just won't happen at all. But Love_lucy is proof that it can be done, in spite of covid.

Xx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #485 on: 1/09/20, 13:52 »
    vrw100 - it is good difficult trying to coordinate this on top of everything else but there is a place here we can get the private tests for travel so I will do that once I get confirmation of my FET date. They have just confirmed that my DH wont need the test as he is not travelling with me so that's Ä180 less to worry about at least.

We are also the same here in Ireland with flights to Alicante which might extend the stay a little longer than I'd like but I will do anything now to get out and back and get it all done.

The last hurdle is always the toughest but we will get there.

Shoegals xx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #486 on: 1/09/20, 17:41 »
    Thanks shoegals, I'm checking out ways to get private testing done now too, because a test here will definitely be cheaper than 3 days extra accommodation and food. Its just adding extra layers of strain at a time when we could all really do without it.

I'm having my lining scan on Monday 7th September so my dates may also change, depending on the outcome of that scan.

I'm feeling a tad fed up today to be honest. Darn coronavirus is making a difficult process even harder.  I have complete faith in IB, but the travel situation is pretty dire just now and I'm fed up with it. We have already been delayed by 6 months, yet still there are all these extra layers of challenges.

I but at least I'm no longer with our first clinic. They were a local private clinic but our experience with them was very poor indeed. IB are a much more professional crew.

Xx

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #487 on: 1/09/20, 20:26 »
    Hello lovelies,

Thanks for all your words of encouragement! I took another test today and it was positive and a smidge darker than yesterday which has made me feel a bit better. Bailey I think you were right that my urine might have been more dilated or something. Iím still very cautious though.

vrw100 and Shoegals sorry youíre feeling the extra strain of having to plan a cycle during these times!! I didnít have to do a Covid test so it must be something theyíve just reintroduced. Good luck on finding somewhere private to get it done, iím sure it will be a lot cheaper than the extra days in Spain.

I flew Ryanair, when the restrictions came back in they were the only ones that didnít cancel their flights. They actually had 3 flights going out on the day I was travelling and I chose the earliest one in case it got cancelled last minute iíd have other options or time to get to other airports etc.

The actual flights were great because of the quarantine being back in place they were pretty much empty with no one sat next to me.

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #488 on: 1/09/20, 23:47 »
    OMG, thatís AMAZING news Love_lucy 👌👌👌👌🍾🍾🍾🍾🍼🍼🍼🍼
    Iím sooo pleased for you. A wee bubba on the way. Are you still going to do a blood test on Thursday? Or is there no need for that now?

Thank you got the info re Ryan air. I normally avoid using them because they are such an unprincipled airline and I had few lousy experiences with them years ago.  So Iíve always flown easyJet since then. But with things as they are, I canít rule them out for this trip. 

Part of me is a little concerned in case Spain closes its borders again, because their case numbers are sky rocketing now. But, for now, itís best just to keep planning things as though they are going ahead.

Uber congrats again xx

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #489 on: 2/09/20, 06:18 »
    Thanks vrw100 ❤️ Iím still going to have the blood test to put my mind at ease on my levels. Not sure iíll believe iím pregnant until then. In my pregnancy with my DD I was anxious the whole time and wouldnít let myself enjoy it as I was so scared it would get taken away from me at any point. Iím really hoping to enjoy it this time and try and put the worries aside...not really happening so far.

I usually try my best to avoid Ryanair as well but couldnít be picky this time, my only other option was Jet2 and they cancelled all their Spain flights until the day before I was due to
    fly out so it was the better option.