* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 47016 times)

0 Members

Offline vrw100

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #560 on: 21/09/20, 11:22 »
Sending lots and lots of baby dust Shoegals and I hope the transfer was smooth.  Thank you for lighting candles for us all. How did you find the flight?

Love_Lucy good luck with your scan chica. My OTD is 25th Sept for a blood test, or 27th Sept for hpt.  But thanks to 2 weeks of quarantine, I won't be able to go in for a blood test till 2nd October which is pretty frustrating. So hpt on the 27th, then blood test thereafter.  Fortunately I have lots of jobs in the house to keep me occupied at the moment.

Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #561 on: 21/09/20, 15:27 »
    Thanks for your lucky wishes ladies, I'm so pleased to say we saw a little bub in the right place with all the right bits and a heartbeat. Incredibly relieved and although I know I'm not out of the danger zone yet I'm going to try and enjoy it all now.

Shoegals - I hope transfer went well today, i've been thinking about you and getting excited for you all day. I think you mentioned it as in the afternoon so it might even be happening right now....lots of positive vibes being sent your way

Vrw100 - ah yes I do have to admit I broke qurantine to have my blood tests. You're sensible not to though so roll on the 27th when you get to find out! Glad you've got lots keeping you occupied while you wait.

Sending lots of baby dust to you all xxx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #562 on: 21/09/20, 16:49 »
    Awwww, fantastic news Love_Lucy!! Really pleased that all is progressing jusy as it should for you xx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #563 on: 21/09/20, 20:44 »
    Hi ladies

Embryo thawed perfectly and transfer was smooth. Nothing to do now but wait and pray! I also got the progesterone injections, did the first one earlier which wasnít too bad. Just going to sleep now, canít wait to get home tomorrow.

Love_lucy so delighted your scan was perfect, thatís great news xx

Vrw100 - Iím the same canít get the beta done but was going to test that day anyway. We can share the pain of the 2ww together now. Try not to do too much around the house now!

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #564 on: 21/09/20, 21:17 »
    Aww brilliant Shoegals, I'm so glad it went well.  Its a bit of a pain this 14 day quarantine but in a way, its quite nice to have the down time. And at least it avoids stress for our wee embies. I will test at home before the blood test too but not until nearer the end of the week or even the weekend.

Safe journey home tomorrow xx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #565 on: 21/09/20, 21:32 »
    Vrw100 - enjoy being pupo and relax and take time for yourself xx

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #566 on: 23/09/20, 08:54 »
    Congrats of being PUPO shoegals. I hope you've managed to make it home safely and are taking it nice and easy. Glad the transfer went well and the embryo seems a good one!

Vrw100 hope you're still feeling good and keeping busy. I admire your strength to resist testing!

xx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #567 on: 23/09/20, 09:33 »
    Still keeping busy but I folded and did a test this morning with FRER.  It was negative and I am 7dpt. I just hoped I might be lucky like you Love_Lucy and get a positive after 5 days, but unfortunately not.  Not giving up yet though because its still early days.

Xx

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #568 on: 23/09/20, 10:26 »
    Oh yes vrw100 itís still super super early. I actually think I implanted early based on how I felt in those early days but obviously no way of knowing for sure.

Whatís your test plan going forward? Once that seal is broken itís hard to stop I know but I would advise waiting a few days before testing again if you can

Sending lots of positive vibes and baby dust xxxx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #569 on: 23/09/20, 11:11 »
    Well, truth be told I think it was probably a bad idea for me to test today because I can't help feeling a bit downbeat.  So I think I'll leave it until Sunday now because thats the OTD for hpt.

Its worse for me just now because my baby nephew arrived on Monday night and I can't see him because of quarantine. Its probably also worse for me because we had 2 blasts transferred so technically an increased risk of twins. But hpt tends to show positive earlier if its twins,  so I'm pretty much kissing that dream scenario goodbye today :-(.

But the sun is shining and I'm trying really hard to maintain some kind of positivity going forward. It gets harder to do that though as time goes on and this was our 3rd transfer with donor eggs. So much for the success rates being 80-90% by the 3rd time - although maybe that success rate was for cycles and not for transfers. Still though, this is our 2nd cycle overall so the odds really shoukd have been starting to swing in our favour.

The medication this time around is costing £400-450 pm because of the lubion injections so there is also a pretty hefty financial cost if its a negative.

Sigh, such is life.

How are you getting on Shoegals? Are you resting up? Are you also on progesterone injections? What sites is everyone using for the injections? I'm going between 3 different sites on my stomach but its really sore truth be told.

xx