* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 47035 times)

0 Members

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #570 on: 23/09/20, 16:29 »
You're bound to be feeling down vw100. We really do put our all in to these cycles as well as financially and it sounds like you've been through quite a lot already. I didn't realise you'd transferred 2 but don't lose hope just yet. It is early and fingers are crossed your embies just took a little longer to implant. I think it's good you'll wait until Sunday to next test. Early testing never seems to help does it, it never makes anything clearer.

Sending you lots of hugs in the meantime and am wishing the time away for you so you don;t have much of a wait until Sunday.

This new sharps pack I've had on my UK prescription is a lot more brutal. The needles are thicker than the ones I was given in Spain, I could barely feel those ones. These new ones hurt and I have to psych myself up before putting it in! I have 4 sites - inner stomach and outer stomach on both sides. Hope you're coping ok with yours Shoegals.

xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #571 on: 23/09/20, 17:02 »
    Ah, well I never got the meds in spain so maybe that explains it. I certainly find the sites sore and am at the stage where I have to brace myself for the injection too.

I guess I just hoped that a little bit of luck might be on our side this time. But I thought that implantation happened by day 5 (if it was going to happen) with 5 day blasts? So by day 7, there should really be sufficient  hcg for an early test to pick it up. But then again, day 7 is still 2 days before the OTD for the blood test, so maybe I'm being daft.

I'm thinking that maybe this donor just hasn't been our donor and that the next time will be onto a fresh cycle and a new donor. Its certainly true that IVF really plays with your mind, and not in a pleasant way.

I guess the next 4 days will tell the full story. Its frustrating that I can't get in for the darn blood test on Friday with the quarantine situation.

Xx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #572 on: 23/09/20, 22:43 »
    Vrw100 big hugs if youíre feeling down but try not to lose hope, it is still so early. This is a difficult time when youíre waiting and your mind plays tricks on you.

I find this medication has my head in a spin like all muddled! Prob the double dose of estrogen and progesterone. The injections are fine so far but trying to spread out the pessaries now is a bit of a pain. I have to set a reminder on my phone for the afternoon pessary. Iím also so tired since I got back, I think it was the build up to transfer and now Iíve just come back down to Earth!

Shoegals xx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #573 on: 24/09/20, 10:11 »
    Morning girls,

Yeh, this 2WW is definitely challenging. I feel like I lost it a bit yesterday and was off colour all day just because of the test.  So defo no more testing until OTD 😋.

Feeling much more like myself this morning thankfully. I'm pretty chilled out normally and am normally accepting of whatever is thrown at me with a positive attitude.......until yesterday that is!

So happy Thursday everyone! Today the sun is shining and I'm going to start the day on a positive note by taking the dog for a lovely walk. 

Sending baby dust by the bucketful to you shoegals.  Sending a huge cotton wool wrap to you Love_Lucy so that the wee bubby stays safe there for the next 8 months. Bailey, sending positive vibes to you for a donor turning up really soon, much sooner than 8 months!

Xx

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #574 on: 24/09/20, 13:18 »
    Thanks vrw100 fÚr your kind words and thoughts. It's 6 months waiting already so please God it won't be much longer. Wishing you the best of luck with your testing. Xxx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #575 on: 24/09/20, 14:51 »
    Thank you Bailey. I've been where you are now because our first donor egg cycle was in the UK and we had to wait 6 months. I'm really pleased that you're already 6 months down - that's great news. Hopefully you will get going on your cycle this side of Xmas 🤞🤞xx

Offline Lollie78

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #576 on: 24/09/20, 14:54 »
    Hi Ladies,

Hoping I can join you.  I have a daughter through IB and am hoping to give her a sibling using our frozen embabies.  We've had 2 FETs so far this year, 1 resulting in an early miscarriage and a failed FET.  Due to delays with my cycle I think that the blood tests I had last year will expire just before the next round.  In the past we've had blood work done at IB however due to quarantine this is no longer an option.  Where have you ladies had your blood work done?  

Good luck vrw100, I hope that this is your time!

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #577 on: 24/09/20, 14:58 »
    Hi Lollie78 I have mine done at a place in London. Whereabouts in the UK are you?

Offline Lollie78

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #578 on: 24/09/20, 15:58 »
    I'm about 30 minutes by train from London so this is a definite option.  Do you need a Dr referral for the place you have used? xx

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #579 on: 24/09/20, 16:04 »
    No I use the birth company on Harley street and if your veins are difficult they send you a few doors up to the lab where the phelebotomist can take blood for difficult patients. I also had my scans done with them.