* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 52463 times)

0 Members

Offline shoegals

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #660 on: 23/10/20, 14:53 »
Love_lucy - I hope the hormone changes settle soon. Its difficult to not think over everything again and again and wonder about things.

If you could you should try to do something nice for yourself like a massage or facial or your nails etc anything that helps you relax

xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #661 on: 25/10/20, 13:56 »
    Hi girls, sorry I've been absent for so long.  I've been working a lot and also just taking time to process the fact that 4 high grade blasts failed.

Bailey, I'm sooo pleased that its all go for you in November and I will keep everything crossed for you. My cockapoo, Winston, is even crossing his little paws for you.

Shoegals, I'm just sooo pleased that the scan went well. It must have been such a worrying time for you, but the little bean is holding on well. I'm glad they are being so vidulent with regular scans to keep an eye on things. Just keep taking care of yourself and stay positive chica.

Love_Lucy, you have just had the cruellest journey this time around but you will defo have the best distraction with Xmas coming up and an excited wee one. January will be here in no time so spend the next few months building up your strength for the next transfer.

We were told that the blasts were graded AA, AA, AB and AC. So varying grades of high quality blasts. They said to us not to focus on the gradings because they were pretty meaningless when all the blasts were high quality.

They advised testing the eggs with PGA testing for us on this new cycle because they just can't see any explanation for the failure of those 4 transfers.  They explained that the fault lies with one of 3 things; uterus, sperm or eggs. And since all the tests on the first 2 were normal, they are thinking that the problem was the eggs in the first instance. So this time they will be PGA tested, so that the eggs can be ruled in, or out, as the problem.  Remember that they said 80% of people have achieved success by the time they had had as many transfers as us, so they are testing everything that can be tested to tey to find the problem.

The second donor is on the drugs now so we are hopefully aiming for another cycle at end nov/start dec, but it all depends on the dates of my cycle.  Unfortunately the winter flight schedule is even harder this time around, so we actually can't fly to alicante from any of the Scottish airports.  So the only option is to have an overnight stay at Heathrow and fly out to alicante the following morning. Its an extra layer of expense, but on a positive note, at least its still possible to get there.

I'm not holding out huge hopes because its the first cycle with a new donor. For some reason, in my head, I dont think the first transfer will work. But I have no logic for that at all. Just trying to stay positive.

Again, sorry for how long its been since I've been on here girls.  Big Halloween hugs xx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #662 on: 27/10/20, 10:22 »
    vrw100 - I know how hard it is to try and refocus yourself after a lot of unsuccessful transfers.  I think we can be extra hard on ourselves even though this journey is completely out of our control.
    I have everything crossed for you again for this cycle, do try to stay positive, it sounds like IB have everything covered for this cycle.

So will you be travelling with your DH to Alicante this time, how long will you need to be there for?

Love_lucy and Bailey - hope you are both doing ok

xxx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #663 on: 27/10/20, 18:12 »
    Thanks Shoegals, its defo been a roller coaster year but I do have complete faith in IB.  Hubby won't be coming over this time either because we are key carers for my father in law so its not ideal to have both of us over there and at increased risk of contracting the virus.

To be honest, the flights this time are a total nightmare, with very limited options. So it looks like I may end up with 2 choices:
    1) go out on my own and stay for 5 nights - not ideal in December.
    2) fly out on a red eye flight from Heathrow, transfer at lunchtime, then fly home later that evening.

I've checked with IB and they're happy enough with flying in and out on the same day so I think that's the way we will go. Just waiting on an update from the donor, and the start of my cycle, because the dates all depend on those things.

How are you getting on? Are you feeling pregnant now? Are you managing to stay cool, calm and collected?

Xx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #664 on: 28/10/20, 22:08 »
    Vrw100 -  if I couldíve gone out and back in a day I definitely would have. Will you stay in Heathrow the night before you fly out and the night you come back? I hope everything lines up now to get you out as soon as possible. Itís hard to believe itís nearly November this year has gone by in a daze due to this virus but hopefully were closer to the end of it too.

Iím ok, apart from sore boobs and some evening nausea I dont feel pregnant at all. Itís hard to know whatís going on in there but Iíve another scan next week so hopefully all is still well.

Xxx

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #665 on: 29/10/20, 10:54 »
    vrw-100 great that you have a plan in place and fingers crossed the PGS testing gives the answers needed. Wishing you the best of luck. xxx
    AFM We have our scan next Friday, 6th of November followed by an intralipid infusion. It's getting so close to transfer and I'm all excited.
    Baby dust to all you lovely ladies. xxx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #666 on: 29/10/20, 13:34 »
    Bailey so excited for you, still lighting those candles xxx

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #667 on: 29/10/20, 16:31 »
    Thanks shoegals. I'm lighting a candle too. Xxx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #668 on: 29/10/20, 22:47 »
    Bailey, thats brilliant. Next Friday for the scan! Things are steaming along beautifully. Why do you need to have an intra-lipid scan? Apologies for my ignorance but thats a new one to me.

Shoegals, just you keep nursing that nausea and sore boots along there girl. Wonderful signs that all is going the way we are all willing it to. I will have everything crossed for your scan.

I will need to stay at Heathrow the night before but not the night that I get back. I've always been told that IB prefer you to fly the next day, but when I explained the limited flight situation to them, they weren't in the least concerned about flying 8 hours after the transfer.

This darn virus. Its caused so much chaos. I think everyone is fed up with it, but hopefully, like you say Shoegals, we are heading to a place where we are through the worst of it.  I think that we will need to learn to live with it though, and for many years to come. The only virus we have ever managed to eliminate altogether was smallpox.

Xx

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #669 on: 30/10/20, 07:51 »
    Vrw100 it's an intralipids infusion into my vein because I have high natural killer cells. I have either had no implantation or early miscarriage and the Intralipids are meant to help lower the levels of natural killer cells so the embryo has a better chance of survival. Xxx