* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 52461 times)

0 Members

Offline vrw100

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #680 on: 9/11/20, 22:19 »
Oh my! 12mm is brilliant Bailey! And transfer only a week away too. How are you feeling about it? I'm really pleased that you don't have flights and nonsense to worry about. Thats just an extra headache.

And congrats on being 9 weeks Shoegals. Its great news that all is going as it should be.

The egg collection from our 2nd donor is happening this week and the next cycle is planned for between Xmas and New year. Not looking forward to trying to factor in flights with covid, lockdown and Xmas holidays but I'm up for the challenge. I really hope Boris lifts lockdown in England otherwise I have no chance of getting out there.

Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #681 on: 10/11/20, 08:58 »
    vrw100 that's great news and please God everything goes according to plan.
    I'm feeling quite positive about it and I am hoping that the intralipids and steroids will do the trick on my immune system to allow a pregnancy to progress to a take home baby. xxx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #682 on: 10/11/20, 10:57 »
    I have everything crossed for you Bailey. Even my dog is crossing his paws. Im hoping that you get the best Xmas pressie a girl could ask for xx

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #683 on: 10/11/20, 11:57 »
    Thanks vrw100 and paws. xxx

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #684 on: 11/11/20, 18:47 »
    Bad news ladies. None of the eggs survived the thaw so we are back to square one. Well peed off to say the least. Xxx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #685 on: 11/11/20, 19:19 »
    Awwwwww jeez, Bailey I'm so sorry. Thats horrible news. I can empathise with your situation somewhat. Our first round (in the uk) ended up with all 12 eggs dying by day 3. I know its not quite the same because you were all worked up to transfer with drugs and transfer dates, but the end result is the same; not even a shot at a transfer. Sending you big hugs.  I feel your disappointment.
    Was there only 1 egg left to thaw, or did multiple eggs failing? I take it you don't need to wait another 6-8 months for a new donor?  Xx

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #686 on: 12/11/20, 02:10 »
    Thanks vrw100. There were 6 eggs in total. I'm not to sure how long we need to wait now. Find out soon I expect. Xxx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #687 on: 12/11/20, 07:26 »
    What a darn shame losing 6 eggs. You definitely need to speak to them because that must be quite an unusual situation. Is it possible that something went wrong with the thaw process? Were the eggs tested to see if they were genetically normal? Xx

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #688 on: 12/11/20, 08:30 »
    They said that it's quite rare for this to happen and they will look into the situation. Not sure what will happen with the costs but I'll be annoyed if we need to pay anything. Btw they were not tested as they are donor eggs from a young healthy donor. Xxx

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #689 on: 12/11/20, 08:55 »
    Morning ladies, I'm still not getting notifications despite activating them again.

Bailey - I'm so sorry, that must have been a shock that all didn't survive. How many eggs were there? You absolutely shouldn't have to pay for them when you didn't even get a shot at using them! Hope your clinic are being supportive and find another plan for you quickly, although I know it will be such a massive dissapointment after waiting this long.

vrw100 - Fingers crossed for egg collection this week, praying this donor is the one for you and sending her some prayers for the lovely thing she is doing. Hope everything works out with the flights. Will you be able to get the time you need off work? I can't remember if it was you or shpegals who had to use their annual leave for the 2 week quarentine.

Shoegals - That's so great you've seen little bubs growing strong at your nine week scan. I know you must still feel anxious but you're getting closer and closer to getting out of the danger weeks. Hope you're feeling well!

The clinic told me I can try again from mid December. The test I took yesterday looked negative so hopefully all the hcg has gone or is now really minimal (the cheapie tests I have are 20hcg) I'm really hoping period comes within the next fews days to get me on track to trying again in December, it's all making me feel anxious to be honest.

Jenny, that's a great idea on the covid thread, i'll go have a read and add anything from my experience.