* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 64533 times)

0 Members

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #770 on: 4/12/20, 16:52 »
Hi wyzekat. Lovely to see you here. How are you keeping and the family?
Great news today out of 10, 9 have fertilised normally. At the moment we are booked in for transfer on Tuesday the 8th of December as long as it all goes well over the next couple of days. Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #771 on: 4/12/20, 17:00 »
    Bailey - thatís fantastic news so delighted xx

Wyzekat - good to hear from you, hope you and your twins are all excited for Xmas xx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #772 on: 4/12/20, 19:58 »
    Thanks for the feedback Wyzecat,  its really helpful stuff. The communication today took a huge dip down. My assistant is Virginia and she has been great but today was a shambles.

Dr Castillo was supposed to phone at 12.45. Im a dentist and I work full time. So I rearranged my clinic, at very short notice, to make sure I had my lunch break at the time of the call.

So I went out to the car park and sat in the car for the call, because I don't want work to overhear and work out whats going on. But the call didn't come. Dr Costillo was running late. Eventually the call did come at almost 1.15, by which time I was watching my first patient walk into the clinic.

So a rather hasty call with Dr Costillo revealed that only 2 of the eggs are genetically normal. I dont know what is normal with genetic testing, but I was hoping for more than 50%.

Re meds he wants me on all the lubion, progynova etc, and also heparin injections this time around. But the thing that really hacked me off was that he started talking about some trans-vaginal drug that was to be administered by my GP, a few days prior to the transfer.  Since the days before transfer day include Xmas day, boxing day, and a Sunday, thats impossible!!! So it was then swiftly agreed to proceed without this additional trans-vaginal drug.

But it leaves me in a position where I wonder whether the whole thing should just be called off until Xmas is over. I would be gutted. I have miraculously been given the required annual leave, the issue with the covid test has miraculously been overcome and there are some flights that I can take that get me out to Spain and back without incurring a 20 hour journey.

God, its just one thing after another. Do I go for it without doing this trans-vaginal drug and hope for the best? Or hold off until next month and throw the kitchen sink at it? Tired and fed up tonight.

But on a positive note, Bailey, thats marvellous news to cheer me up. I will keep everything crossed that a good number fertilise and reach the lovely blast stage.

Love_Lucy, I'm so pleased that you're feeling a little better. It sounds like a mid December cycle is maybe a bit ambitious if your period hasn't shown its face yet, but I really hope that I'm wrong there.

Xx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #773 on: 4/12/20, 22:00 »
    Vrw100  what is the transvaginal drug? Why did he advise to include it this cycle and then agree to proceed without it, thatís rather confusing for you isnít it. I know what you mean about everything lining up for you, itís tough as Christmas falls in the middle of everything now.

Online Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #774 on: 4/12/20, 22:54 »
    Wyzekat - really lovely to hear from you and thanks for sharing your experience. You must know what itís like, you just want to try and soon as possible again but youíre right in that I should at least have a first period first.

Bailey - what amazing numbers!! Please god lets get them to blastos! How exciting that transfer could be in a few days!

Vrw100 - so much to think about! What is the medication and why didnít they mention it to you before so you could plan?! Is there no way you could stick it up there yourself?
    I know youíve worked so hard to get everything lined up fod this cycle. Go with your gut though and think if it fails would you have wished youíd just waited or be glad that you still took the plunge. Are you transferring one or two of your embryos?

AFM - I think my period is finally coming!! My hormones have been wild today as well. Lots of anger seems to have come out 😶 I did speak to my GP anyway and he said I should wait a few more weeks as I generally seemed in good health etc
    Iím definitely not planning on cycling until at least Jan now. Even if IB did give me the go ahead I think it would be too much of a headache trying to organise things over xmas.

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #775 on: 7/12/20, 21:39 »
    Love_lucy did your period arrive? I think you are right to wait and have a break before transfer again.

Bailey how are things, is your transfer tomorrow?

Vrw100 how are you doing? Have you had any further conversations with dr Castillo about your cycle?

Online Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #776 on: 7/12/20, 22:07 »
    Hi Shoegals, nope, itís very strange. (TMI) I had brown discharge which looked like the start of my period and even felt all sickly, bad stomach etc which again are indicators of my period coming and now itís all just stopped. No idea whatís going on and it is stressing me a bit now as the longer this goes on the more delayed we are in trying again.

Bailey - hoping everything has stayed on track which means youíll be transferring tomorrow. Sending you all the baby dust and positivity and hoping that little embie gets completely  snuggled xxx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #777 on: 7/12/20, 22:10 »
    Love_lucy they could still arrive, that might have been a preview. I know itís a worry but Iím sure all is ok the hcg hormones have probably just played a little havoc with your cycle now.

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #778 on: 8/12/20, 00:27 »
    Thanks ladies. Transfer is tomorrow at 12pm. Keep those candles and prayers going. Xxx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #779 on: 8/12/20, 06:52 »
    Best of luck Bailey. I have everything crossed for you and sending you all the baby dust. Xxx