* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 64826 times)

0 Members

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #870 on: 2/01/21, 18:37 »
Happy New year everyone. Here is hoping 2021 is the year of babies for us all.
Thanks for all your support and I'm actually doing grand. I guess it hadn't even sunk in properly before it was over so doesn't at the moment feel as bad as the times I miscarried after we had seen the heartbeat. My hcg went from 1069 to 54 in 2 days so it's confirmed that it was a miscarriage. Still bleeding on and off but not had a proper bleed yet. I have to do a pregnancy test in a couple of days to confirm it's negative.  Going forward I really wanted to go with a fresh donor but Hubby says that we will wait a lifetime to get someone especially during coronavirus times. Very disappointed with on results from a frozen eggs. In total they defrosted 16 eggs and we had one good for transfer and nothing to freeze. It will be something we will discuss with the doctor at the review appointment.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online shoegals

modify
    « Reply #871 on: 2/01/21, 18:52 »
    Bailey good to hear you are doing ok, unfortunately you are dealing with another miscarriage but I understand what you mean when itís later on and youíve seen the heartbeat. Hopefully the clinic will be able to explain why there was such a drop off of eggs and maybe they can prioritise you for fresh donor, fingers crossed anyway. Have you considered going abroad again with the shorter waiting lists? I know itís not ideal with Covid but things could improve in the next couple of months with regards to that.

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #872 on: 2/01/21, 19:02 »
    The reason we are doing ivf here is because the hubby's work had medical insurance cover for ivf treatment up to £20,000. So once we have used that up we will be back on a flight to alicante. The only thing with IB is that they don't treat immune issues. So I would have to arrange somewhere in London to have intralipids alongside my treatment there.

Online shoegals

modify
    « Reply #873 on: 2/01/21, 19:09 »
    I see Bailey well then fingers crossed the clinic can prioritise you and the wait for fresh donor wonít be as long.

Online ZC

modify
    « Reply #874 on: 3/01/21, 19:56 »
    Just wanted to add and I donít know if itís helpful but URVH in Alicante supported my immune issues and prescribed what I needed.  Their doctors reviewed my bloods etc.
    I was also given a new fresh donor within 4 weeks. Along with prednisilone clexane intralipids (I didnít do them my choice) and advise around TSH.

I donít know why I see updates on here when Iím on the VH thread. But this info might be useful as there seems to be no significant delay in Alicante with fresh donor cycles even with Covid. So I thought maybe this would give you some hope regarding a wait for a donor abroad. I transferred 30 November.

Iím very sorry for your loss Bailey. I hope things move forward quickly for you.

Offline Hope175

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #875 on: 4/01/21, 16:59 »
    Happy new year ladies.

Bailey, so sorry to hear your sad news. I hope you're doing ok x

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #876 on: 4/01/21, 17:25 »
    Thanks hope175. I'm doing ok. Follow up appointment booked for the 21st of January.
    ZC thanks a million for that information. I will check it out when the time comes to go back to alicante. 

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #877 on: 4/01/21, 23:08 »
    Happy New Year folks. I'm guessing that the UK lockdown has now scunnered all our hopes of a transfer for another month. 2021 will hopefully improve from this xx

Online Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #878 on: 5/01/21, 09:44 »
    I'm feeling so gutted and had a few tears of frustration last night. I finally thought we were getting back on track with period due in the next couple of weeks, assuming my cycle has returned to normal again and my medication is arriving today.

Hoping the new lockdown is all that's need to get this back in control again and it's the last lockdown we'll ever have to expeience xx

Online shoegals

modify
    « Reply #879 on: 5/01/21, 10:02 »
    These restrictions are really tough but also hoping it is the last lock-down.
    Is there still a travel ban from UK to Spain or has that been lifted?