* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 64764 times)

0 Members

Offline Hope175

  • Un-Ranked
  • *
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #880 on: 5/01/21, 11:48 »
Yes really gutted too. IB were going to bring on my period so that I can get started. They were waiting for hormones results which they requested from me but this was before we heard about the travel ban extension.

Love_Lucy - I know how you feel. It's so frustrasting.

Shoegals - the travel ban has been extended until 19th January. I wouldn't be surprised if they extend it again!


FertilityFriends

  • Advertisement
  • ***

    Offline vrw100

    • Full Member
    • ***
    modify
    Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
    « Reply #881 on: 5/01/21, 22:16 »
    Yes, I think its likely that the ban on uk citizens will be extended further. Basically because England is in lockdown until mid Feb and scotland is in full lockdown until end of Jan (and thats likely to be extended). Its so incredibly frustrating. I understand your tears Love_Lucy.  But there is just nothing we can do. And God only knows what the flight situation will be in Feb, even if we are able to cycle next month. This is truly horrendous. Big hugs to all. Lets try to stay strong xx

    Offline shoegals

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    modify
    Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
    « Reply #882 on: 5/01/21, 22:47 »
    Itís crazy vrw100 cases are sky rocketing here in Ireland too. Letís pray this is the last lockdown xx

    Offline vrw100

    • Full Member
    • ***
    modify
    Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
    « Reply #883 on: 7/01/21, 09:59 »
    Let's hope so Shoegals. What a crazy year this has been. How are you getting on? Bump growing nicely? Xx

    Offline Hope175

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    modify
    Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
    « Reply #884 on: 7/01/21, 12:16 »
    Hello ladies, I hope you're all doing well.

    I'm looking for some advice please. My hormone results are back and my Doctor at IB said I can start the medication tomorrow if I want to proceed with the treatment now. The transfer will be the week after (25th- 29th January).

    The Spanish restrictions to the UK will be lifted on the 19th of January, if the situation does not change. Alternatively they said I can delay the treatment. I'm not sure what to do?


    Offline Love_Lucy

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    modify
    Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
    « Reply #885 on: 7/01/21, 17:08 »
    Hi Hope175, Is travel still allowed during lockdown when Spain reopens their borders? Iíve struggled to find any information on if Ďessential travelí is a personal perception of what you class as essential or if thereís proper bans on travel where youíd have to prove you meet a criteria before being allowed on the plane.

    If it were me iíd be considering what I had to loose by doing the cycle now and if thatís affordable to you or if waiting another month would be better. Thereís always the chance of the border restrictions being extended, flights not going ahead etc.

    These waits are tough so I understand the difficult decision xx

    Offline vrw100

    • Full Member
    • ***
    modify
    Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
    « Reply #886 on: 7/01/21, 20:49 »
    Hi Hope175,

    We had to make a similar decision at the start of this month and the transfer date was going to be around 25th January if we had decided to go ahead.

    We decided not to because we the UK will still be in lockdown until mid Feb. The Spanish government are reviewing the situation on 19th January, but we couldn't be sure the border would be open. We felt that it was unlikely the Spanish government would open the border whilst the UK numbers were so high that we were in full lockdown. So we decided not to go ahead.

    But if you can afford to go ahead with the medication and scan costs, then you could always plan to transfer, but be ready to cancel at the last minute.

    The only other spanner in the works is that the flights available have hugely reduced further as a result of the closed borders and lockdown, so I would check that situation too.

    Its really hard. We were disappointed but we felt that the chances of getting out there by end of January were pretty slim.

    Xx

    Offline Hope175

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    modify
    Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
    « Reply #887 on: 8/01/21, 15:06 »
    Thanks Love_Lucy and vrw100. We have decided not to start the treatment.

    Now I have to decide if I want to take Prostap. If I do want to take it I will have to take it next week.

    Offline shoegals

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    modify
    Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
    « Reply #888 on: 8/01/21, 15:45 »
    Hope it is a very tough decision but probably the best one, I cannot imagine things improving by the end of January. You would end up spending money on scans, medication and intralipids that would go to waste.

    I would imagine things will start improving in Feb with numbers coming down and travel bans and lock downs being lifted.

    Keeping everything crossed for you all to get your cycles started as soon as possible and for this virus to go away once and for all.

    Have a nice weekend everyone
    Shoegals xxx

    Offline Hope175

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    modify
    Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
    « Reply #889 on: 11/01/21, 12:04 »
    Thanks shoegals  :)