* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 73257 times)

0 Members

Offline shoegals

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #920 on: 20/01/21, 12:51 »
Hi Bailey - thats good that your appt is next Thursday, hopefully you can make a plan for the next cycle and see the wait times you may have.

My anatomy scan is next Friday. I am nervous as haven't had a scan since 12 weeks but hoping all is well. Not going to find out the gender and let it be a nice surprise.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lola2021

modify
    « Reply #921 on: 20/01/21, 17:25 »
    Thanks so much ladies, its great to have the support as this journey is so lonesome most of the time.
    This is our first ED cycle, and first cycle with IB too.
    Congrats to all of the ladies who had success. Its a great boost and gives us all hope 🙏🏼

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #922 on: 20/01/21, 17:53 »
    Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is keeping their chin up on these dark January nights.

Welcome LOL2021 and all the best for your first cycle. Can I ask how you're getting around the Spanish border closure to the UK? Did you need special permission to fly on Friday? Or are IVF journeys allowed to go ahead on medical reasons? I'm desperate to get back out there, but I thought that we couldn't from the UK? Sorry for all the questions. We've just had so many months lost to covid and I'm keen not to lose any more if there is a way round things xx

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #923 on: 20/01/21, 20:54 »
    I was thinking the same vrw100 and thinking Lola2021 could give us some hope to being able to travel but iím guessing as sheís based in Ireland they donít have a ban like we do.

Iím still none the wiser and what would be allowed. I read that the border closure has been extended to the 2nd Feb.

Bailey - good to hear your doing well!

Shoegals - 20 weeks! A great milestone!! Hope everything goes well at your anatomy scan. Surprises are always nice! Do you have any inclinations of what you think baby might be?

ZC - so lovely to hear! Wishing you a safe and healthy pregnancy

Offline Lola2021

modify
    « Reply #924 on: 20/01/21, 22:20 »
    At the minute Ireland is not banned, but things change so fast these days so nothing is guaranteed as yet. We have to provide a negative PCR test result prior to departure, and same again for returning home. It all adds to the cost but weíll go with it for now.
    Really hope the UK borders open up for you very soon. Its such an extra stress on top of an already anxious time 🙁

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #925 on: 20/01/21, 22:34 »
    Ah of course, sorry, I'm being a daft. Darn it. I was getting my hopes up that someone had found a way around the border closure.

Very jealous of you Lola2021, but wishing you all the best for your trip out. Are you going out for a transfer? Or is this one of the pre transfer visits?

Xx

Offline Lola2021

modify
    « Reply #926 on: 20/01/21, 23:17 »
    Thanks VRW100, weíre not there yet but hopefully things will go to plan & we will get there in a few days. Just have to take itone day at a time. Had mock cycle last month. EC is due early nxt wk and then transfer at the end of the week. Thats if there is anything to transfer 🙏🏼
    Thanks for the luck! Will keep ye posted.

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #927 on: 21/01/21, 11:26 »
    Good Luck Lola - keep us posted on how you are getting on. What doc and coordinator are you with in IB?

Vrw100 - have you thought about flying through Dublin? I know there is a negative PCR required here but you'll need that for Spain anyway. I'm not sure how frequent the flights are from here to Alicante but you might be able to work around it if you cant fly to Alicante direct from Edinburgh anyway.

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #928 on: 21/01/21, 17:44 »
    Hi Shoegals,

I hadnít thought of that option. Well done girl, good thinking! Iíll have a look at flights and see if itís feasible. Xx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #929 on: 21/01/21, 18:03 »
    Great idea shoegals but sadly not possible. The rules for entry to Spain say this:
    Restrictions are based on the point of origin of the passenger, not on the airport/port of departure. Grrrrrr xx