* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 79847 times)

0 Members

Offline vrw100

• Sr. Member-10017
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #940 on: 24/01/21, 22:44 »
All the best Lola. Try not to worry about a wee delay. Just focus on staying positive and enjoy your time over there.

Great news Love_Lucy.  Do you think we would get caught if we started an intimidation campaign on the UK and Spanish governments to get the darn borders open 😉. I really hope its not the end of the summer. We have all already lost one year in our journeys.

Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Lola2021

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #941 on: 25/01/21, 13:45 »
    Thanks ladies. Its a bummer cos weíll have to try to get alternative flights once we know the dates, and there are no direct flights home midweek. And need to have covid tests with 72hrs of flying home. Its turning into a bit of a nightmare, and himself is not the most patient at the best of times. Trying to tell him that these things dont always go to plan!
    Weíre staying in an apartment, its very central but standard- Iíve stayed in better places. (Didnt book it until the day before we flew). Unfortunately restaurants are all closed up over here. Some are doing takeaway but most are closed. To be honest I just cant wait to get home.

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #942 on: 25/01/21, 14:26 »
    Hi Lola, I can imagine how frustrating it is to be delayed as the knock on effect with the current situation is not easy. Please God you get loads of lovely eggs and it makes up for it. Let us know how the scan goes today. xxx

Offline shoegals

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #943 on: 25/01/21, 14:35 »
    Hi Lola

It is a stressful time even more so when there are delays. Will you hear from IB today about the scan and when egg collection will be?

I really hope you wont be delayed too much and IB can arrange the covid tests so you can get home with very little stress.

Fingers crossed for lots of lovely eggs and that soon you will have your little bub on board.

Shoegals xx

Offline vrw100

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #944 on: 25/01/21, 17:15 »
    Oh goodness Lola, what a shame. I hadn't even considered the knock on effect with flights. It is a nightmare getting flights at all at the moment. I hadn't considered the restaurants side of things either, because they were all open when I was last out in September.

Shoegals has the right approach here though. Its a nightmare scenario but fingers crossed for lots of good eggs.
    Xx

Offline Love_Lucy

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #945 on: 25/01/21, 20:51 »
    Lola - delays are so disheartening, hopefully itís all happening for a reason and itís whatís needed to get you your baby. Itís so stressful trying to plan a cycle during all of this.

Vrw100 - Iím totally behind you on intimidating them into opening the borders...2 women with raging hormones, theyíll surely give in? 😂

Iím already thinking of cancelling this cycle. Thereís no flights available from local airports and the ones I can find mean being away for longer than Iíd want to from DD. I donít know if I should just keep going in the hope that the borders opening will suddenly get flights running again or face reality that this month is out.

Offline vrw100

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #946 on: 26/01/21, 17:03 »
    Love_Lucy, you're spot on with the raging hormones  🤣. The government's have no chance!

Totally agree on the flights too. Its a nightmare. When I planned the flights for December it was before the latest lockdown. But even then, the best I could get was an overnight stay in London, then an 18 hour trip to alicante with at least 2 stops. When I looked at the flight situation this week, there was only 1 airline flying at all (KLM), none from anywhere in Scotland, and a 36 hour journey. Its crazy, but until these restrictions lift, the flight options are going to remain very poor.

But the biggest issue is, even if you find a way to get there with the flights on offer, how do you get around the Spanish border being closed to the UK. I dont know how much truth is in the reports that I've been reading online recently, but there is talk of spain keeping their border closed until the whole of spain has been vaccinated. That would be a total nightmare because the border would remain closed for months.

Xx

Offline ZC

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #947 on: 26/01/21, 21:26 »
    Lola if you can move to the Melia Alicante hotel. If you need extra days. Tell them you are with the clinic.  They are really nice and have the covid cert
    Itís really central and there is McDonaldís Burger King supermarket etc. And itís about Ä100 a night and they do room service and breakfast.
    You wonít regret it and may help with hubby.
    Good luck 

Offline Love_Lucy

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #948 on: 26/01/21, 21:39 »
    Woah vrw100 thatís a crazy amount of travel you were going to have to do. Iíve managed to find direct flights from Manchester but Iíd be away from home for longer than Iíd be comfortable with.

Iíve pretty much decided that Iím cancelling this cycle. Itís just too much uncertainty so I think iíll work on getting my infection screening updated and try again properly as soon as it all opens up again...although PRAYING itís not as long as after summer!

Offline vrw100

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #949 on: 27/01/21, 14:45 »
    Love_Lucy, I wish there was a way around it all and we can always hope for a fast unforeseen turnaround. But I'm not even confident in going ahead with planning a February cycle. We have about 1 more week to make our minds up, but its really not looking hopeful.

Xx