* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 79833 times)

0 Members

Offline Hope175

• Jr. Member-10015
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #960 on: 28/01/21, 20:51 »
Hi ladies, I hope you're all doing well and welcome to those who joined :)

I've finally recovered from Covid and feeling like myself again. I had so many symptoms, aches, sore throat, headaches, tightness in chest and breathlessness. My GP put me on Prednisolone for a few days but I'm feeling good now.

Unfortunately it sounds like it will be a while before Spain re-opens it's borders so just trying to get on with things for the time being!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #961 on: 29/01/21, 15:50 »
    Hi Hope175,
    Happy to hear you are feeling better. How long do you need to wait after having had the coronavirus before you can get pregnant?

Hi Lola,
    What day are you having the transfer?

Baby dust to all xxx

Offline Lola2021

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #962 on: 29/01/21, 21:49 »
    Hi Bailey, (assuming there will be viable embryos), transfer is supposed to be Monday, all going well. Have to have a covid test tomorrow so that the result is back b4 Monday.
    Just taking every step as it comes 🙏🏼

Offline shoegals

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #963 on: 29/01/21, 22:21 »
    Hi Lola thatís great. So tomorrow is day 3 will you receive an update then? Is your covid test at IB?

Offline Lola2021

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #964 on: 30/01/21, 10:14 »
    Hi Shoegals, yes today is day 3 but wont get an update til Monday (day 5). Which is probably just as well, save us getting our hopes up. Yes IB do the covid tests. I did an antigen test today which only cost Ä30. That will suffice for the transfer. But then we need to have PCR tests within 72hrs of our return flight next week, and they will cost Ä120 each, so Ä240 for the 2 of us. Its a never ending money pit! Hopefully it will be worth it though

Offline vrw100

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #965 on: 30/01/21, 10:33 »
    Lola2021, I feel your pain with all these additional costs but we are all hoping for lots of blasts for you and for a successful transfer on Monday. Are you going with a single egg transfer?

Hope175, glad to hear that you're feeling better now and hopefully the border will open in a few months. I have to admit that I have ruled out feb, March and maybe even April in my head.

Shoegals, is bump growing nicely? When is your due date?
    Xx

Offline Love_Lucy

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #966 on: 30/01/21, 11:41 »
    Lola I feel your pain with the endless costs! Hopefully itís worth every penny though and this is all what leads you to your baby. Which doctor are you with? 
    Iíve got some quotes to get our infection screening updated as it runs out at the end of Feb and theyíre all coming back over £600!

Hope175 - great to hear your doing better now!

Vrw100 - Iím pretty much realising the same and am ruling out March and possibly April as well. Trying not to let me get me down as itís not in my control but itís hard. Our original plan was to get started again in April last year, canít believe it will be a full year and weíre in the same position

Offline Lola2021

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #967 on: 30/01/21, 13:43 »
    vrw100 & Love_Lucy, Im under Dr Castillo but dont really think he has much to do with it. We just had a follow up skype appt with him in September after DH had some tests.
    (We had the original skype appt with Dr Llanza in the Madrid clinic last summer but then  decided Alicante would be more accessible for flights so we then switched to there).
    At that time Dr Castillo said just to transfer 1 as its my first actual transfer. (No fertilization with my own eggs on 2 previous cycles). Hopefully there will be a good one on Monday 🙏🏼
    Living on a wing and a prayer 🤣

Offline shoegals

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #968 on: 30/01/21, 13:57 »
    Hi Lola, I was under dr Castillo too, he is lovely. I had lots of lining and implantation issues and he was the first doctor to resolve it for me.  My coordinator was Anastasia also lovely if not a little hard to pin down sometimes. Fingers crossed for lots of lovely blasts on Monday.  The extra costs for the covid tests are ridiculous but unfortunately needs to be done. How are you managing with flights coming back to Ireland?

Vrw100 - I am 21 weeks now. Had my anatomy scan yesterday and all is good with baby so relieved. I really hope itís not April or May by the time you and love_lucy get to Spain fingers crossed the borders open soon for you both.

Hope glad you are recovering well, seems like you had a tough time with Covid.

Offline Hope175

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    « Reply #969 on: 30/01/21, 19:55 »
    Bailey77 - I think I can start as soon as the borders open. IB didn't say I have to wait.

Vrw100 - I've ruled out travel until after Easter.

Shoegals - Can I ask what your doctor gave you to treat implantation issues?

Love_Lucy Ė Canít you have your infection screening tests at your GP?