* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 38495 times)

0 Members

Online shoegals

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #530 on: 15/09/20, 16:10 »
Hey Love_lucy thanks for that for the injections, just trying to mentally prepare myself if I have to get them.

I booked the Tryp Grand Sol in the end, its where I stayed the last time so I am hoping for the same luck haha madness I know but fingers crossed.

xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #531 on: 15/09/20, 16:43 »
    Haha no Iím the same, wanted it all to feel the same as when it worked last time too. It also helps being familiar with places during these covid times, you feel more comfortable knowing what to expect!

Donít worry too much about the injections, fingers crossed you wonít have to do them, but if you do youíll be absolutely fine. If you have to go the pharmacy to go get them, ask IB to call you taxi and then ask the taxi to wait for you while you get your meds and then take you to your hotel....iím assuming youíll be getting taxiís and not driving yourself around

Online shoegals

modify
    « Reply #532 on: 15/09/20, 17:00 »
    Haha glad im not alone. Yes it will be taxis, I will do that for sure.

xx

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #533 on: 16/09/20, 13:28 »
    VRW100 today is the day and you are about to have your transfer. Wishing you the best of luck. And keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Xxx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #534 on: 16/09/20, 15:17 »
    Hola ladies,

Thank you soooo much for all your lovely words of support. I'm back from the transfer now and chilling beside the pool.  Although I only found out today that giing in the pool or the sea isn't advised until at least tomorrow. It's still lovely to be here though.

Love_Lucy, you must be much better at those injections than I am. I don't find them sore at the time they are going in, but the site feels sore and bruised for a good 48 hours after. I'm probably just a big jessie 😋😋.

This may be a silly question, but what do you do with the sharps boxes once they're full? I get my meds online so will a local pharmacy take the sharps for disposal?

Monday is the big day Shoegals! Woop woop! Is your doctor Dr Costillo? Most of the restaurants and cafes are open as normal over here, although it does feel quieter than normal.  Are you feeling excited? Apprehensive? Ready to nail this implantation business?

So have you any symptoms yet Love_Lucy?
    Bailey, I wish that the UK would hurry the hell up and find you a donor. Its cruel having to wait all those months.

I felt quite emotional after the transfer today, which I don't normally. God knows if it was just a pent up stress from all the delays? Or if the extra progesterone shots are responsible?

Xx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #535 on: 16/09/20, 16:30 »
    Shoegals, I took a photo of the tryst gran sol  for you because its so visible from the sun deck at the melia.  But I'm a total technophobe  and I can't work out how to upload it onto here for you. Rest assured though it is standing tall and looking good xx

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #536 on: 16/09/20, 16:37 »
    Congrats on being PUPO vrw100!! Now rest, rest, rest before you fly home! How did the transfer go, were you happy with it and how was your little embie? It is an emotional thing to go through, is this your first time doing it without DH by your side? That made me emotional.

Are you following any of the IVF traditions/superstitions? I had pineapple core which luckily the Melia breakfast buffet had and I had Mcdonalds fries afterwards which I ordered on Uber Eats so didn't need to go out to get them.

Ha, not so sure I'm any better with the injections, I do feel sore spots afterwards but to be honest they haven't lasted long. I'm surprised as usually I bruise like a peach! I have 4 spots that I alternate so when it come back around it's already had 3 days to heal in between.

No idea what to do with the sharps box, IB didn;t give me one either so I ordered one off amazon when I got back. I did get another one though with my UK prescription after BFP. online research tells me to contact my local council so I'll probably do that once I'm done with injections so it can all be collected at the same time.

I've had a few symptoms, nausea and tiredness mainly. Had a little bleed a few days ago as well, nothing major, just when wiping which is what happened with my DD at the same time as well so once I'd accepted it was just a bit of spotting I took it as a good sign of baby getting snuggled right in. I'm so so anxious though, everyday I wake up questioning if I'm still pregnant and am so worried about things going wrong. I take tests every other day which is pretty pointless now, I should just wait until the scan which is on Monday.

Shoegals, hope all prep is going well, you must be counting down to Monday! What day do you fly out?

Bailey, any news from your clinic on the donor search?

xx

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #537 on: 16/09/20, 17:12 »
    Awwww Love_Lucy, what a shame you're so anxious because it will stop you enjoying your pregnancy. Its totally understandable with IVF alone, never mind this darn virus on top of that, but try really hard to think of this as your time, before baby arrives.  And remember that worrying about things doesn't change the outcome. Think of little things that help you relax and try to pop a little bit of that into your day. Have you tried fitting in some relaxation/meditation type things with headphones on? Or is that a crazy suggestion with a wee one running about?

I'm pleased the wee embie survived thawing and the process seemed fine. Let's face it, its never pleasant , but the clinic staff are so nice. Its not the first time I've been over without DH but it is the first time out completely on my own. DH works for an American company so he gets rubbish holidays.

I've had a coconut milkshake and some jelly beans since the transfer which is perhaps not the most ideal 😆😆.  I've not gone with the pineapple one so far but I did have salmon for dinner last night, and this morning was my last coffee, so I am trying to be reasonably good.  Macdonalds fries is a new one to me too but I'm loving that idea 😋😋.

Xx

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #538 on: 16/09/20, 18:06 »
    I know, I told myself to enjoy the pregnancy this time as with DD I was anxious the whoooole nine months and just wouldnít let myself. Hopefully once weíre out of the danger weeks it will get better.

Glad the transfer and embryo were good. They all are lovely there.

Oooh coconut milkshake and jelly beans sound good. If thatís what you felt like eating then so be it! These are stressful times so we need to take the pleasures where we can find them!

I tell myself not to believe the superstitions but still ended up doing them!!

Online shoegals

modify
    « Reply #539 on: 16/09/20, 22:24 »
    Vrw100 - congrats on being pupo. So glad everything went well for you today and sending you lots of sticky vibes for embie to get snuggled in. I am so sorry we werenít there together we couldíve had great chats I think. I had my covid test today so pending the results of that I am all set. I feel so nervous about it all, afraid to hope and hopeful of everything going well. Dr Castillo is my dr, is he yours and Anastasia your assistant?

Love_lucy - pineapple core and mc Donaldís fries - is that what you ate the last time. Tell me how Ubereats works I might do the same myself.

Today after my covid test in Dublin City, I went to a church to light candles. My grandmother loved this church and there is a statue to st Anne which was my mams name (she passed away in 2011) anyhow I always feel close to them there and i lit candles for us all and for Bailey that her donor will matched soon. When I was in Alicante the last time I happened upon a little chapel so I was looking on goggle maps for it earlier as Iím going up go and light candles again. (You prob think Iím crazy now 🤣)

Xx