* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 51800 times)

0 Members

Offline vrw100

modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #720 on: 20/11/20, 17:58 »
Jeez, let's hope so Bailey. You have a good chance of getting out there because you're looking at mid December.

If spain introduce the rule on Monday then we may not be able to get out in December. Because if I need a PGA test within 72 hours of arriving in spain, then I would need to take the test, and get the result back, on Xmas eve. And I can't see how that's even possible. Most labs will close on Xmas eve and not reopen until after boxing day at the earliest. We will just need to wait and see, but that rule could mean that I won't be allowed entry to spain.

Sigh, these times. Hopefully 2021 is kinder xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #721 on: 20/11/20, 19:59 »
    I hope you can get your test in advance and IB can give you a letter for an exemption. Why canít each country test on arrival and stop putting the pressure on the traveller. Keeping everything crossed 🤞

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #722 on: 21/11/20, 11:57 »
    VRW100 I'm not going to alicante. I'm having my transfer in London as I'm with a clinic here now. But I'm an old patient of ib and decided to hang around on the chat.

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #723 on: 23/11/20, 17:02 »
    Can IB give letters for exemption Shoegals?
    Because I just thought I would need to isolate for 14 days? I contacted my local MSP on the September cycle to raise the issue those undertaking IVF but they basically told me that those were the rules and I wouldn't get exemption.

Shoegals, have you hit the golden 12 weeks this week?

Bailey, sorry, I knew that. I must have been having a blonde moment xx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #724 on: 23/11/20, 22:32 »
    I wondered if you can have a test in advance of the 72 hours as it falls at Christmas, have IB advised you of any of this. I thought maybe they would accept a negative test anyway considering your reason for travel is low risk.

Offline vrw100

modify
    « Reply #725 on: 24/11/20, 07:39 »
    Morning Shoegals, unfortunately its not an IB decision this time. Its the Spanish government decision, and from what I'm reading, there isn't any leeway over Xmas. I'm phoning around everywhere at the moment, just trying to find somewhere that can do it in a fast turn around time on Xmas eve. I wish it was like the last time when we were out.

Xx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #726 on: 24/11/20, 08:24 »
    I thought they would be able to give you a letter to have the test prior to the 72 hours. I used TMB clinics here in Ireland and I think they have clinics in the U.K. and a health link clinic in Edinburgh. I had my test back really quick as I told them the reason for travel.

I really hope you get sorted xx

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #727 on: 24/11/20, 14:31 »
    We have a scan booked for the 2nd of December and intralipids infusion again.  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ that all goes well this time around. xxx

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #728 on: 24/11/20, 15:06 »
    Thatís great Bailey - I have everything crossed for you x

Offline Hope175

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #729 on: 24/11/20, 15:20 »
    That's great Bailey, fingers crossed it goes well  :)

We are planning to get started again with FET once I start my period. I've asked IB to prescribe Prostap injection just to be sure I won't ovulate which they where happy to do and also this gives us some flexibility for the transfer date. I've got an appointment with my clinic here in London next week for the Immunes, so hoping that they can do the test quickly.

Does anyone know which pharmacies in London will accept a Spanish prescription?