* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date September/October 2019  (Read 14272 times)

0 Members

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due Date September/October 2019
« Reply #10 on: 12/02/19, 07:00 »
It's funny how every thread is different. In my first pregnancy everybody talked in the due date topic straight away. Now people seem to be staying in the early pregnzncy topic for day to day chatter. Not sure when you "graduate out of it". It's nice talking to people at the same stage of pregnancy.
I know what you mean about wanting scans regularly, but i try not to do that. Partly I do not feel I should look at baby without DH there too (unless an emergency of course). First trimester is different of course, as you do not really want ro go up to somebody you work with regularly: " mind if i drop my pants and you help me with some fun (looking at embryo without medical reasons to do so)". :-D
Have to think about when I want my viability scan. 6+6 is what I was thinking of, as I found out in my second preg that embryo had stopped growing at 6 weeks, but then I have to wait so long before the 12w scan... In my first preg I had an appointment for scan at 7+6, but then saw at least 3 women  with ectopics in the 2 weeks following my bfp, so panicked and moved my scan fowards to 6+6...  (I then had a scare with a bit of blood loss a week later, so had another scan then: obviously everything was fine as I now have my daughter).
Not telling people before 12 w is not an option for me, as I can not do all tasks at work due to potential harmful exposures. Luckily the "planner" was quute discreet when I asked her a favour by already putting me in "pregnancy friendly" positions during 2ww, but had to tell boss as soon as bfp, and people guessed straight away when there was a switch for unanticipated job "because she can not go to radiology".
Funny how we long for a pregnancy, and then want to hide it :-). The clothes I wear at work camouflage things for quite some time: when pregnant with my daughter one person was surprised to find out I was twenty weeks pregnant and did not believe it at first :-D.
Due to the longer road to pregnancy I also felt a bit guilty " showing" during my first preg: I remembered how bad I felt at times when seeing pregnant women and new mums while ttc. When at work I had to work with people struggling with fertility or with complicated pregnancies (something that happened frequently as those groups tend to be "safe for pregnant employees") I would try to conceil my pregnancy as long as possible to protect their feelings.

So when is your scan, Ivystar?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 15/02/19, 21:57 »
    So quiet here. Imagine you have had a really long shift at work and are sleepdeprived (less than 3 hours - job related)(and had a horrid trip home due to direct bus on strike and when you manage to get to station by tram and bus from different company, the first train you could get home is cancelled and so journey is prolonged even more). You manage to get an hour or two extra sleep in, and then spend large part of the day lounging on sofa and instead of proper supper you stuff yourself with nacho's and melba toast straight out of the pakket (and an apple or two as token "healthy diet food"). Are you entitled to call the snacks a craving when you are 5 weeks pregnant? Or is my attempt at making excuses for myself to lame ;-).

Offline StayPositive1

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 15/02/19, 23:15 »
    Hi ivystar, hope that your 12 week scan goes well and you get some good pictures , itís so exciting that you are getting a little bump! I canít wait for that , I just hope I am lucky enough to get that far.

Iím 5 weeks 1 day. My first scan is 5th March and I literally canít wait. Iím so worried about something going wrong. I seriously need to stay away from google ! Just feels unreal that this may actually work for me. I canít imagine myself with a bump. I just so hope my pregnancy progresses as it should.

This whole process has been a tiring mixture of either hoping or waiting. Come on 5th March !

Good luck godiva for your viability scan as well x

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 17/02/19, 06:13 »
    Morning Everyone,

Godiva - I think 6+ 6 is a good time to have your first scan. I can see why you would be worried because of your last pregnancy. But at least it will put your mind at ease. Your job seems like you definitely canít hide it and youíre definitely best to be safe. The last time I was on here was with my pregnancy and everyone seemed to go onto the due date thread. I didnít know there was an early pregnancy thread until you all mentioned it. But itís a happy, scary and worrying time for us all. Best of luck with your scan and hope everything is going as it should be.

Stayp- roll on 5th March. I know exactly how you feel! Is this your first pregnancy? The wait is just torture. Well every part of it is until you get the bfp! But then the waiting is just so so hard. You just have to presume everything is going well until told otherwise because otherwise you just have all sorts going on in your mind. I hope the time goes super quick for you.

Afm- Well itís only 1 more sleep for me! It has definitely been the longest 12 weeks of my
    Life! Iím just so glad my 12 week scan is tomorrow. I have had random sickness from almost as soon as we found out. Itís usually at night and not so much in the morning. But this has definitely gotten better after 10 weeks. My tummy looks as thought Iím about 20 weeks pregnant when comparing it to my first pregnancy. The first time I had no bump until at least 18-20 weeks so I must have stretched a lot. Iím just praying everything is as it should be. Iíve had no signs to tell me otherwise so Iím just hoping all is well. I will keep you updated.

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 17/02/19, 07:47 »
    Good luck with your scan, Ivy! I have been told second pregnancies your belly grows much faster.
     I keep forgetting to call for my scan (need to remember to do so in afternoon, but with DD ill things kept being a bit chaotic).
    Symptoms fluctuate so much. I know it is normal, but at the same time I am worried about what is going on... Not getting up yet at night to go to loo, something I did in both previous pregs. Sometimes some vague nausea, but nothing really shouting pregnant, breasts slightly tender but not too much,... I do have the impression uterus is pushing some stuff out of pelvis, but 2nd preg the amniotic fluid (and uterus) were growing on schedule, even after embryo stopped... Worried if I take viability scan too early something might change a few days later.
    Have gained perhaps 0.5 kg. I know you shouldn't gain to much, but gained a huge amount during first preg (initial wait gain more due to fresh ivf cycle drugs though), and hardly anything in second.
    On Thursday I had a strange sensation in pelvic area. A sort of tickling. Maybe due to increased blood flow? (Yes, I know I can not feel movement at that stage). Haven't felt much since though.
    Argh! This is almost worse than 2 ww! And think period till 12w scan is going to be even worse, as repeat bloods will be less meaningful, and I do not want to ask gynaes at work for extra (in theory unnecessary) vag scans...

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 17/02/19, 08:06 »
    Thank you!   ^pray^

I think some have sysmptoms an some donít. I have felt completely different this time compared to the first time. This pregnancy might be completely different from your last ones. Just try and remember you mangaged to carry and bring life into this world before so you can do it again. I know itíll be worrying for you due to your last time but just try and think your body can do this. Take care and let us know when your scan is.

Offline StayPositive1

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 18/02/19, 10:16 »
    I am having a wobble today. I feel like my symptoms are getting less and less. I thought they were supposed to increase. This is my first pregnancy so I have no idea. I feel less tired even. No sickness whatsoever. The only thing is my boobs are very sore. Not sure I can wait until 5th March I may see if they can fit me in sooner just to check something is in there. Did either of you go through any stages where symptoms decreased? Hope you ladies are doing okay.

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 18/02/19, 23:00 »
    Hard, isn't it, this early stage. It is normal for symptols to come and go, especially this early. The same happens at the end first/beginning second trimester as 1st trimester symptoms start to go. Knowing this however does not decrease wobbles. I am quite literally going crazy. Was clnvibced I felt something kicking on inside, while beanie does not even have legs yet... Peobably just gas or something.
    Very tired today (fell asleep on sofa before 8 pm, much to DD's delight). Also first real nausea this morning. Results of bloodtest on Friday were good: hcg x4 in 4 days = textbok (and then I start worrying whether it's not doubling too fast for this stage: first preg doubling slowed down a bit at this point (to about every 3 days). Oh well, we will never be "comfortable" about it all, at least until regular, unmistakable movements are felt and 12 w (+20 w?) scan are normal.

Ivy: this evening I look at least 16 w pregnant, if not more... 

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 19/02/19, 00:27 »
    Stayp - The worry is just awful and just consumes your mind. I want to say try not to worry but I know that wonít help you. All I can say is that with my first pregnancy I had no bump for a long time, I wasnít sick and my boobs werenít sore because I remember pressing on them and felt nothing. I had a small but very red bleed 6+1 and the ivf clinic took me in straightaway and scanned me. They seem the yolk sac and a heartbeat. They will do an internal scan and itís super uncomfortable. They said to me as long as there is no cramping or more bleeding itíll be due to cells on cervix and changing hormone levels. I honestly wouldnít worry if there is no symptoms. I know loads of people that had no symptoms and they may have not known they were expecting until a while later anyway. I know itís hard, believe me I am the biggest worrier and sometimes worry for the smallest things. Take care and just try and eat well, sleep and rest as much as possible and your body will do all the hard work. X

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 19/02/19, 00:35 »
    Godiva- I totally understand the going crazy bit! Itís so difficult not to think of everything that you feel and every twinge or cramp! The tiredness for me is the hardest. I think this time because you have a DD you canít really rest much at all. No wonder you fell asleep. I go to bed with my DD at 7pm! I end up waking super early but I just canít stay awake. Glad to hear your hcg is going in the right direction. Iím sure if anything was up your test would indicate it. Itís never going to easy but you will get there. Itís a long, hard but rewarding process and itíll all be worth it when you have another little bundle x