* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date September/October 2019  (Read 16426 times)

0 Members

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due Date September/October 2019
« Reply #100 on: 29/03/19, 12:52 »
Official leave here is 15 weeks, minimum one week before delivery and max 14 weeks after. You can choose when to stop from 34 weeks onwards, and have to stop at 39. (Any sick leave, even for something unrelated, is subtracted from mat leave in this period). I am "lucky", in that my employer allows me to take " breastfeeding leave", which allows you to stay home till 5 months after delivery. This depends on your job and your employer/boss though.
You can take up to 4 months "parental leave" until your kid is 12, but I chose to take this as 1 day/week for 20 months. It will run out end of August, but I have some leave I can try to spread out a bit for the week or two I might still work in Sept.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #101 on: 30/03/19, 16:46 »
    So happy! 😊
    Our scan today was perfect ... Venom is measuring 10w6d (currently 10w3d) ... perfect heartbeat 170bpm. All arms and legs present ... and was stretching and wiggling 😍 xxx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #102 on: 30/03/19, 18:47 »
    Great news, firefly! Not long till next scan now :-)

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #103 on: 30/03/19, 19:20 »
    Thatís brilliant Firefly. Hopefully time goes fast for the biggie! X

Offline StayPositive1

modify
    « Reply #104 on: 30/03/19, 21:38 »
    Great news firefly, glad you have had the reassurance you needed x

Offline Wishing4miracles

modify
    « Reply #105 on: 1/04/19, 21:07 »
    Hi everyone

10w4d, booking apt with midwife in a few days, I keep thinking about things to ask but my thoughts are overshadowed by trying to ask for a 12w scan asap to finally have some reassurance, the 4 weeks that have passed since the last scan feel like a lifetime ago.

I went from having a whole host of symptoms to having hardly any though who knows if this is due to stopping luteal support / placenta taking over or sth else.

What questions do you wish you would have asked or asked and found the answer helpful ?

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 2/04/19, 13:22 »
    Thanks all  :)
    Everything ticking along nicely - i refuse to worry that anything is wrong after my perfect 10 week scan plus being pregnant with a toddler is totally different! I just dont have time to dwell on it all!
    The only main symptom for me is the dreaded constipation which absolutely crippled me in my last pregnancy ... but I'm drinking a lot more and I know that after 12 weeks I can take prescribed meds if needed.
    How are you all feeling?
    Wishing - my symptoms have really lowered ... I think its normal.  At booking in they remind you of the foods you shouldnt eat, talk about staying healthy and active, I was told to stay away from sheep and lambs (not heard this before but luckily they said as I am planning on taking little one to a farm soon) ... they ask how you plan on delivering (c section for me, had one with DS and I am most comfortable with this for my birth plan, I have a scar already so meh ... I can keep "other areas" in tact!! lol )  ... in relation to the scan (where are you based?) as at my local hospital (South East UK) the midwives etc dont arrange this.  They pass this to the ultrasound department who send you an appointment in the post ... mine is quite late ... 13 weeks! But its the earliest that they had apparently.  I bought my early scans on Groupon for only £39 ... so maybe if your scan is too far off for you, get a private one.  My last two were in North London and she was a lovely lady, spends time showing you the baby and is really excited for you.

xx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 2/04/19, 15:02 »
    A really good help when I am constipated (and in prevention): dried prunes. A couple (3-5) per day and it keeps things moving (and of course drink enough). Used them in first preg, and needed them once so far this preg.

I had my 12 w scan today: official EDD has been moved forwards by 3 days now (13/10), although my money is still on my brother's birthday (24/10). (My parents have their 40th wedding anniversary 28th, and had been considering taking their descendants for a (long?) weekend away then, but had already said they were revising those plans :-).)
    Baby has everything it is supposed to have at this stage: 2 arms with hands, 2 legs with feet, 2 brain hemispheres, nasal bone, stomach, heart, and a very thin nuchal translucency. Had some blood drawn, including for NIPT. Probably nothing much now till 20 weeks...

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #108 on: 2/04/19, 17:52 »
    Glad to hear your scan went well Godiva!!  My due date from "dates" officially is 23rd October - from the 10 week scan it would be 20th October but as I am opting for a c section it should end up being at least one to two weeks earlier.

Thank you for the prune advice!! I am trying to have bran flakes and fresh orange juice as this seems to help too!

xx

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #109 on: 2/04/19, 19:15 »
    Great news on your 12 week milestone Godiva! Glad everything is well x

Wishing - after 10 weeks my symptoms disappeared! The sickness literally stopped overnight and I havenít been on any drugs since 4 weeks. They give you loads of info at the booking appointment. There is a babycentre app that is really good and they have recommended questions for your midwife that might help.

I get the dreaded constipation also! I am on iron supplements though so that doesnít help. I found just eating loads of fruit helps. Then also water as much as possible! X