* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date September/October 2019  (Read 16442 times)

0 Members

Offline StayPositive1

modify
BFP - Due Date September/October 2019
« Reply #120 on: 7/04/19, 09:51 »
Hi ladies ,

Firefly youíve done so well. Mindfulness is amazing I was doing it and yoga through out the IVF process but I have stopped since being pregnant for some reason. I will pick this up again.

Also thanks for the groupon tip the scanning place is right near me so Iím going to go !

Thank you for the congrats on the scan I have another one tomorrow. This one will be the NHS one so Iím thinking they will do a few more checks and measurements on the baby.

I have only just learnt about cmv sounds scary. I think I am going to pay for the harmony test. Itís expensive but worth it for peace of mind.

Also ladies have any of you started reducing or coming off hormones ? My consultant has said to half mine for a week. And the last two days I have woken up with awful headache. Just wondering if anyone else experiencing this ?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #121 on: 7/04/19, 11:13 »
    I have stopped all my meds. Basically clinic told me to stop everything in one go at 12 weeks. I had stopped aspirine (on medical advice) after bleed. Went from 5 tabs of progybova to two at 11.5 weeks, and stopped at 12. Reduced utrogestan from 4*2 pessaries to 3*2 to 2*2 to 2*1 with couple of days per step from 11.5 weeks. 2 days drug free now! Have not really noticed much difference with before (except no ST's in pants anymore for all the pessary stuff.
    Normal pregnancy symptoms continue (sick this morning, tired, varying nausea, dizzy when standing up too quickly). Officially 13 weeks now according to scan, so roll on 2nd trimester with relief from symptoms :-).
    StayP: biggest CMV risk is for women who already have kids (or come into contact a lot with other small children). I did not worry about it too much in first preg, but I can not refuse to kiss DD, we are in the process of potty training, difficult to get her to wash her hands enough/properly, ... I try not to share cutlery and cups, but can not do much more.
    Toxo is the other "risk infection, but apart from the fact that I might be near more sandpits, not much changes. Biggest risks I run there is when we get offered nice sandwiches etc. I try to remove the stuff I should not eat, but can nog always say no. On the other hand I have always been brought up being told to " eat a peck of dirt before you die" and "a bit of sand is good for you", and obviously never caught it in the past 37 years... Chances of catching it in these 9 (6!) months can not be enormous. I pay more attention to my lettuce etc when I wash it, I wash (well, rince) my strawberries while inspecting them for earth, at home we never really eat meat (or fish), so not much contact with raw meat (unless again through sandwiches from sandwich bars).

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #122 on: 7/04/19, 14:22 »
    Hi Ladies,

Tell me more about this CMV thing? What is it? Iíve never heard of it.

Stayp - I cant advice on the reduction in meds as I stopped everything and 4 weeks and if it helps to my knowledge everything is fine with my baby. I did same first time round and I had a very normal and straightforward pregnancy. I should imagine you will get side effects for a while. I felt like after ivf I had put on loads of weight and then all of a sudden I looked like I lost weight and all you could notice is my bump. Hope the withdrawal goes ok and also your scan. The NHS here in Scotland are excellent and very thorough. Definitely also worth getting the harmony test if you are worried. X

Godiva - 13 weeks! You are moving along nicely. Potty training is definitely best doing before baby no:2! Some get it so quickly and others a bit longer. The big thick reusable training pants are great as accidents donít seep through as quick! Apparently the Gina Ford way is also great! X

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #123 on: 9/04/19, 10:19 »
    Just a quick (late) 1 to say thank you alll 4 the helpful advice etc on depression and anxiety.
    This week i started to feel lots better. It always comes and goes with me.
    After baby comes i am going to look at possibly going on a more long term medication. Life is short and meds have always helped me in the past.

As for the painting yes i found VOC free paint! A little more pricey than bnq own brand but much cheaper than getting painter and decorator
    In case anyone is interested its called Earthbourne and is completely chemical free
    Xx

Offline Wishing4miracles

modify
    « Reply #124 on: 9/04/19, 17:16 »
    @ K jade, thanks for sharing, I hadnt looked into it yet but had decided to go for voc free when we paint the nursery, now I know which brand to google, where did you find them B&Q?

@stayp, I stopped progesterone bang on at 10 weeks ( they said I could stop at 8weeks but had enough supplies until 10weeks so continued until I ran out ) and so far so good so fingers crossed  ^pray^
    In terms of nipt there are several, harmony is the oldest and least accurate of the bunch, I understand Panorama is the all current bells and whistles and there are extra tests they can do. I will send you the link via PM as not sure if its against forum rules as it could be seen as advertising. Before you pay for any nipt privately though, talk to your midwife, theyve started rolling out nips 6 months ago on nhs, not as standard but if your 12 week test comes back as high risk then they refer you for nips rather than cvs, its worth asking if its available in your area before you part with a fair amount of money.

11w5d today and I can only describe Saturdays scan as magical, I can only recommend that first time parents arrange for a private scan where you get the pics and movies electronically so you can share them with family and friends which is what we did when we announced the happy news. Baby was doing so much gymastics, it was like its training for the Olympic games next year, it really was lovely to see, I'm still watching it daily :) its so strange because I can't feel anything yet I could see it moving so much, its such a relief ! And a strong healthy heart beat as well so really pleased. Dont want to tempt fate, but hopefully we can now relax a bit and focus more on the planning stage for when baby arrives, so I started looking at prams etc - the bugaboo fox looks good but havent tested it in real life yet - any words of wisdom re must haves and stuff to avoid from existing parents would be great.

Symptomwise Im feeling human again apart from tiredness and at times raiding the fridge.

Had a letter with my official 12w scan date which will be at 13w and the appointment with clinician at 16w, apparently ICSI is the only form of ivf where you must be consultant lead, does anyone know why ? ie if we would have had ivf without icsi i might have been able to have a home birth with a midwife but icsi seems to make all the difference and I cant get my head around it although Im sure there are good reasons.

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #125 on: 9/04/19, 19:39 »
    Can't quite understand the icsi bit either. Maybe just ask consultant? Maybe if he checks you, you could get qualified as low risk and home delivery, if that is what you want?

Bit early to worry about babystuff just yet ;-) , with my first I was 22w when I went into baby shop first time and came out with some cuddly toys, as when dh showed them and I told him not to be silky and put them back (we were bound to be given plenty off toys) - I then promptly burst out in tears, a moment dh seized to get them anyway... Great, those hormones... (Only got serious about stuuf at about 32 weeks).
    Anyway: must have: car seat, somewhere for baby to sleep (+ bedclothes, i preferred a sleepingbag so she could not wriggle out or under a blanket), a FEW clothes (not too much of tiniest sizes: DD grew out of some things within two weeks!) -> best wait till you know the required size :-)
    Some nappies to start off with, possibly baby bath, pram/wheels for car seat are usefull from start, some bottles etc if you plan on bottle feeding (not really necessary when breastfeedinh: ended up getting one bottle of something like 10 different brands before I found one DD wanted to drink from at 5 months...)
    Some sort of sling or baby carrier is really usefull if baby is colicky, has reflux, or just wants to be held all the time: helps you keep hands free when pottering around in house so you can eg at least spread a slice of bread for yourself... There are placed you czn rent them, try them out and get advice on how to use (baby wearing consultants, sling library's,...) Liked the bouncer-seat thing too (for baby to lie in) -cheap is fine, it can only be used for few months.
    Changing pillow is usefull, somewhere to put baby's clothes, nappies,... Somewhere to bath baby (although kitchen sink can work too)

I think all the rest can wait until you have baby and feel there is something missing.

Offline StayPositive1

modify
    « Reply #126 on: 10/04/19, 08:46 »
    Wishing : so glad you enjoyed your scan. Itís lovely to see the baby wriggling around. Thanks for the advice on the testing. I hadnít realised itís available on the NHS at all! We had our NHS one the other day , the lady was really good and thorough and could even tell us that the babies bladder was full which means the kidneys were working - amazing.

So baby has two arms , legs , two halves of the brain , nasal bone , stomach , good heartbeat so was really happy with that.

When she measured the fluid at the back of the neck it was 2.7. She said anything under 3.5 is in normal range. But I stupidly googled it and it says Iím in the 97 percentile and everywhere I read it seems a bit high. So I panicked and have already booked a private blood test on the same day not realising the NHS would offer me one if I was a risk.

I rang my midwife and she said STOP GOOGLING. Probably sound advice. But I canít help it.

Has anyone else had their NT measurements ?

In regards to baby stuff-  thanks for the list Godiva as we have no idea what to buy. I did indulge and bought a little baby grow yesterday. Whoops. We are going to go mothercare Sunday just to get an idea of prices.

We also cleared out what will be the babies room and put a scan photo up 🙂 everything I do I question as I donít want to jinx it but we have to start enjoying our pregnancies at some point.

13 weeks tomorrow ! Second trimester here I come .... please please give me more energy!! Lol

Xx

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 11/04/19, 19:02 »
    Hi Everyone,

Wishing - Iíd recommend getting the big things sorted first like the nursery furniture and pram, car seat. Then also choose where the baby will sleep the first 6 months. So Moses basket, crib or next to me style cot. In terms of buggy if you want to go for higher end then silver cross, bugaboo, I candy, quinny and stokke are all great pram/buggies. Probably best to buy it as a set package as itís cheaper. But shop around because you can knock off £100-200 off compared to what mamas papas, mothercare  and John Lewis sell for. They also price match so donít be scared to ask! I know mums with all these buggy brands and they are all as good as each other. Just depends on taste. I have the Stokke Xplory.

I also ended up buying a chicco next to me crib because my daughter wouldnít sleep in a Moses basket. But actually it was a god send because when you are up for night feeding you get easy access to your baby. I breastfed so I used to just slide DD into me to feed her. X

Then things like a bouncer or swing. Maybe a play gym are all useful. I bought a bambeano which was great from birth. If you google it youíll see what it is. Iíd say consider having something that you can take into the bathroom with you to put your baby in when your DH is back to work and you need to try and have a shower on your own lol. I remember taking the bouncer up and downstairs which was a complete nuisance. But you wonít want to have baby out your sight so get something that fits in the bathroom.

Also If someone asks you what you would like for baby as a gift Iíd recommend Ewan he dream sheep. It plays white noise and can really help baby sooth.

Lastly I bough pampers and Johnstones because thatís what I thought I should buy because that what everyone uses! I then learnt that Aldi mamia nappies and wipes are just as good if not the same or better. Also if your baby has skin issues then childís farm brand is excellent.

We got bombarded with clothes so just buy the minimum and just get bodysuits and sleepsuits to start you off. As lovely as baby outfits are you will just want to have them comfortable so sleepsuits as easiest. Try getting sleepsuits with the hand mitts attached because babyís are little scratchers and the ones that arenít attached can fall off all the time.

Hope that helps xx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #128 on: 11/04/19, 21:21 »
    I second bouncer in bathroom thing :-). I loved the next to me thing too, breastfeeding means you are the only one doing nightfeeds (does not mean you can not kick partner out of bed to do night nappy changes!), but BF also means no faffing with bottles outside of your warm bed, with a screaming baby not understanding why it has to wait for the stuff to heat (and cool) when it is hungry NOW: you take hokd of baby, pull them towards you, let them latch, and dose off again. (Well, okay, honesty compells me to say that it can be a bit of a struggle to do it blindly for first 2-3 weeks, but once you get the hang of it, it is the easier option in my opinion). First weeks (months) i had a deal with dh: after supper it was father-daughter time. Mummy would nap, and until daddy went to bed he would only hand over baby for feeding.
    Where we live parents are expected to make lists with the things you wanted for baby. Basics you have to get yourself of course (although often grandparents offer to contribute to big ticket stuff), but things like toys, gyms etc, that you do not need the first days (weeks) are ideal to ask as gifts.
    Nursery: it was not our priority, as she slept in our room. Her bedroom still does not really look like a nursery: it's the spare bedroom, with her clothes and cuddly toys in it (and the crib, which she has moved out of). We are not doing anything about bedroom for no2 now, as we are hoping to move house some time towards the end of the year.

Was not meaning to write this long post: had results of nipt-test: low risk for chromosomal issues! (And I may have caught baby's sex)

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #129 on: 11/04/19, 21:48 »
    Stayp- my NT was 2.5 and got a letter from the Nhs saying it was low risk when they tested bloods.

Godiva- yes youíre right that the nursery doesnít need to be done for baby arriving. I just wanted to have it all ready and be organised. More to store things. I did get DD ready and changed in her room after a bath and in mornings etc. X