* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date September/October 2019  (Read 14346 times)

0 Members

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
  • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
modify
BFP - Due Date September/October 2019
« Reply #140 on: 16/04/19, 10:08 »
Ivy great news
That's the next big mile stone 4 me.

Godiva your bump sounds like mine. Its definitely there when I stand up. But if I breathe in/lie down  then it pretty much dissapears. And it doesn't seem to be 'going' anywhere. I feel it was the same size weeks ago. Do u not grow much in second trimester? If it wasn't 4 the sickness I wouldn't be feeling pregnant at all

Inayya how wonderful, I do love the idea of a big family. Might change my mind after 1 though!

I will buy some ice lollies that's 1 thing I haven't tried

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #141 on: 16/04/19, 22:47 »
    Second trimester will get you a bump, usually. It varies with tiredness, what you wear,... though. First is worst: you feel terrible, but nobody can see why. Third you just get to big, bulky and tired again ;-).
    Sickness not lessening yet, kjade?

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    BFP - Due Date September/October 201ok it 9
    « Reply #142 on: 19/04/19, 10:33 »
    OK it seems to be making an appearance now
    Much more noticeable in evenings though

Ladies anyone been told they have High platelet levels?
    MW said I have slightly high levels and they'll 'monitor' this.
    . But after reading up on them I see that high levels indicate a risk of clotting. Bit worried as when I was tested 4 them at 12 wks I was on clexane. Im now OFF it although have continued with aspirin.
    I'm seeing consultant Tuesday

Oh and travel sickness bands appear to be working. So far so good anyway
    Have a great Easter  weekend everyone xx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #143 on: 19/04/19, 22:30 »
    In the evenings you are more tired, and your tummy muscles are less tight, so things "fall outwards" more (or at least that was the theory I developped in first preg). It was quite hot here today. Only dress I could find that fitted was quite stretchy (I could not get the others closed over boobs). Felt embarresed about how obvious my belly was (but as I was out on my bike, i was wearing a fluorescent vest thing, which hid most, and probably just made me look extra wide). In(maternity) jeans with a tshirt it is not as obvious.
    Silly: want to have the belly, but then afraid it looks "too big" for 15 weeks...

Offline Wishing4miracles

modify
    « Reply #144 on: 22/04/19, 21:22 »
    Good evening everyone :)

13w4d today, had my official 12 week nhs scan a few days ago, baby wriggling so much the guy had a hard time getting his measurements, but nt fold is 1.5mm so thats looking good, now just nervously awaiting result from blood test. He also mentioned that my ovaries are significantly enlarged 6.x cm and 3.x cm. I was really surprised to hear that, I mean if the ivf cycle wouldnt have been successful then 1 month later i would have cycled again so potentially 3 cycles by now ( dec / feb / apr ) so I would have thought 1 month was enough for body to recover so confused.com

I keep researching little bits like car seats, I had no idea that the latest safety standard is i size ( not to be confused with isofix ) and that you can get swivelling / rotating car seats so its facing the car door when you put infant in and then swivel it so infant is rearfacing, this could be a lifesaver for those with bad backs, recovering from giving birth or just non contortionists, so thought id mention it. Also didnt know its safest for toddlers to stay rearfacing in cars until 4 years.

We have now shared the news with everyone: friends, family, work etc and its nice to no longer be wearing oversized free floating things to hide the mini bump but to indulge in maternity jeans, which was a revelation to be honest, panic bought 1 pair from mothercare, wore them once and hate them so much ( ill fitting and uncomfortable) ive decided to just keep them for scan appointments in case the gel doesnt quite come out in the wash. Found a local shop that sells much better quality materinity wear so stocked up there and its made my life so much easier :)

I stumbled into an item called poddlepod, basically imagine a cushion but theres only filling on the edges, the middle is hollow so when you place sth in the middle - ie baby - the edges close in and 'hug' the baby which is soothing and may give some parents extra free time.

Also came across Sleepyhead pods, some parents swear by them because they can increase the amount of sleep a baby stays asleep and this in turn means less sleep deprived parents, silly money new but can be had for a fraction second hand locally.

@ivystar, thanks for mentioning the bambeano, this is really going to come in handy when i need my hands for 10 mins and baby is awake, so added to shopping list

Really excited about the babyshow next month and about the private gender reveal scan, but first of all waiting for blood results from 12 week scan *nervewracking

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend, the weather was so lovely, if only it could stay this way :)

PS Ive seen some sleepsuits etc but they only seem washable at 40 degrees, now if / when baby 'has an accident' and things spill outside diaper, 40 celsius isnt going to be enough, id want 60 at least for hygene reasons, am i being uber cautious or what do existing parents do ? wash stuff at 40 or go for 60 although officially its only up to 40 ?

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #145 on: 22/04/19, 22:02 »
    Well, you seem to be into research big time! Didn't know half the stuff you were talking about (but probably did not miss most either). The bouncer seat I have does same job as bambino, but probably weighs less (not sure which takes up more room though). And bouncer can be bounced ;-). Thzre are also pillow cover things to turn your "sausage cushion" into a sort of ottoman you can put baby on. Just offering some (cheaper) options ;-). Remember: not every gadget is essential, many are expensive ;-). I strongly advise waiting and seeing what you need with many of them.
    Car seat: we have a rotating one now: very usefull for getting toddler in and out. For new baby though I expect we will still use remivable car seat though. Also great for taking sleeping baby out of car and into house ;-). You can get models to click onto isize/isofix base. A year ago recommendatio' for rear facing was 15 months. Not sure if there are many seats a 4 year old could sit in facing backwards (without legs squished uncomfortably).

We had quite some stuff that could be washed at 60, I have had stuff going in 60 wash by accident instead of 40, and so far things have survived. We used cloth nappies from about 2 weeks, and they have significant less "poo-namis" (but obviously 2 loads of 60 washing /week extra). Would not worry too much in general though: baby's, and especially toddlers get exposed to much worse then cooler washed clothes ;-)

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #146 on: 24/04/19, 09:03 »
    Hey Ladies,

Sorry for radio silence - been having a difficult time.  Developed sinusitis and an ear infection which led to a ruptured ear drum, deafness and very loud tinnitus  :-\ ... things are slowly improving!! I have some hearing back in the affected ear and am feeling better generally.  Had two weeks off work to try and rest - but my DS didnt really understand!! lol ....

Anyways, hope you are all well?  Congrats on the scans!!  ;D

I had my NHS 13 week scan last week ... all was good.  NF measured 1.7mm - am waiting for screening results.  Venom is measuring 3 days over still so due date 20th October.  I sent my scan picture to the "nub" experts who have predicted 85% certainty venom is a GIRL!!  But will find out for definite in two weeks at gender scan  ;D

xx

Offline Wishing4miracles

modify
    « Reply #147 on: 24/04/19, 22:43 »
    @ Firefly, this sounds exciting, where might one fine said 'nub' experts ? Like you a few weeks from finding out gender and this may be entertaining to do in the meantime.

@Godiva, research is very much part of my job so its a habit thats hard to shake off even outside of work. A relative had a baby not long ago so we will inherit a lot of stuff which means theres more money for nice to haves than if we would have had to buy everything from scratch. The 15 months re car seats still applies, I had just read that based on a toddlers anatomy its safer for them to travel rearfacing to 4 years, several rearfacing / rotating car seats advertise until 4 years but without seeing a 4 year old in them its hard for me to judge how squashed the kid would be. I like your idea of an ottoman on the cheap, I may well do that :) Got a secondhand sleepyhead for a song and a dance so got everything I need to try it out :) Also thanks re heads up on washing, I had come across below link and had no idea all this was required: https://parenting.firstcry.com/articles/washing-your-babys-clothes-how-to-do-it-rightly/

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #148 on: 25/04/19, 12:33 »
    Wishing .... there is a social media group called strictly nub theory. Send pic to there and the admins etc study the nub! There is also a payable service on a website something like babyboo.co.uk. it's a bit of fun but they are very often correct!!! My son has been adamant sister from day 1 so to have girl predictions on the nub ... we feel that we are having a girl :) xx

Offline Inaaya

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #149 on: 25/04/19, 13:03 »
    Firefly a high baby heart rate usually means girl aswell! Xx