* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date September/October 2019  (Read 14856 times)

0 Members

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due Date September/October 2019
« Reply #170 on: 10/05/19, 10:03 »
Woohoo (but expect movements to be quite infrequent in the beginning - not even every day, which then adds to worries)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #171 on: 11/05/19, 14:13 »
    WE ARE HAVING A LITTLE GIRL!!!! OVER THE MOON!!!! DS and nub theory group were right xxx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #172 on: 11/05/19, 21:11 »
    Congratulations, firefly!

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #173 on: 11/05/19, 21:22 »
    Thank you ... still in shock that she's actually a real SHE !!! XX

Hope all doing ok xxxxx

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #174 on: 13/05/19, 20:44 »
    Congratulations on the news of having a baby girl! I love love love having a daughter from experience so far! X

In terms of movements - my first pregnancy I felt movement as of 18 weeks. This time I havenít felt proper movement until 20 weeks. The movements arenít as strong as my first pregnancy and my stomach at 24 weeks is still not moving on the surface. At the scan the sonographer thinks my placenta is more to the left but not low or to the front. I do feel movements everyday now at similar times of the day definitely not as strong. Just incase that helps any of you. Xx

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #175 on: 17/05/19, 16:10 »
    hi all
    I had 20 week scan today and all was fine
    I didn't opt to find out the gender, even though DP wanted to
    I have anterior placenta which explains why im not feeling any movement.
    starting to feel real now. I guess I need to start buying things!
    xx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #176 on: 17/05/19, 16:31 »
    So glad to hear the scan went well, Kjade! Take it easy on the shopping ;-). Starting some research now might be a good idea though. Shops will always tell you you need more than you actually do ;-).

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #177 on: 22/05/19, 10:06 »
    thanks godiva
    yeh I plan to buy as little as possible and probably everything second hand as moneys so tight right now. just the essentials.
    I have the consultant today at 2.00pm

just wandering if anyone with an existing child managed to use cloth nappies, or if anyone plans to use them for their newborn?
    ive looked online and cant get my head round it
    each nappy looks really fancy and expensive. which king of defeats the object?!

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #178 on: 22/05/19, 13:04 »
    I used cloth nappies for my DD, and loved it. It is true that there are a huge amount of types and brands around. I started with popolini's and totsbots bamboozle. The bamboozle absorbed a bit more, the popolini dried a bit quicker. I think I preferred the bamboozles by a slight margin. As cover I always used popowraps. They are good and fit over most nappies. In the end I think the ones with velcro are a bit easier in use (and just as leakproof) then the popper ones. Covers do need to be bought in correct size as babies grow, but are not too expensive: you only need one or two per day, as you only change cloth bit. I used disposable nappies for first two weeks, as everything was new and hard and I decided to pick my battles with dh, who needed some time to get his head around cloth diapers. Also I was afraid top nappie would rub/cover umbilical stump.
    I had one size nappies, but got a few neonate ones as the other ones looked so big. She grew out of the small ones by 6 months at latest though, so perhaps not worth the money. Wondering about some prefolds (cheap, easy to adjust, quick to dry, bit more time needed to prepare and more "complicated") to start off with for number two, but not decided yet.
    When DD went to dau care (5 months) I looked for snap-ins: nappies I could prepare for daycare so they were just as easy and quick for them in use as disposable. Tried quite a few (totsbots peenut was a bit more prone to leaks. Local brand absorbtion was not great and quite bulcky). Loved Close parents pop ins though: dry quickly when disassembled but good absorption. Preparing them takes a bit of time (I did it while watching tv), but great for day care, baby sit, grandparents,... Also easier when starting potty training. Eventually ended up using them by day, and bamboozles/popolini's at night (perhaps a tad more absorption).
    Liners I used disana from a roll. They can actually be washed 2-3 times if no stool in them.

Cloth nappies are a lot of money to start with, but cheaper in the long run. Especially new born you might need 10 disposables/day, as they get older you might go down to 6-8 /day. Just try doing the math...
    You could look around to see if you find second hand cloth nappies, to cut cost. They do sometimes come up for sale (try looking for forums on things like "natural parenting").

Cloth takes a bit more time (washing, hanging up to dry), but cheaper in the long run. In the beginning I had to wash at least every 2 days, but later on I had about 2 washes/week (more nappies, less changes). Also I found disposable smelled, once used to cloth. Cloth usually have less " blow outs" or "poonami's". And much less waste!
    Best is to wash cloth nappies at least 3 times before use (better absorption) and absolutely no fabric softners. When in use wash nappies at at least 60įC, to avoid smells (kill bacteria).
    Oh, and newborns do not like to pee/poo in dirty nappies: be prepared for stuuf to come out while changing (or just after).

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #179 on: 23/05/19, 10:55 »
    godvia that's really helpful thank u
    so I will look at 'bamboozle'
    im right in thinking then It comes in 2 separate parts. the Nappy then the liner? and the liner is flushable?
    and probably best to use disposable for the 1st couple of weeks while I get my head round everything?
    washing before use was something I saw online and couldn't quite understand why. so you buy then and wash then BEFORE using them to make them more absorbent?
    you experience had been really helpful

so my consultant appointment yesterday lasted 10 minutes after which she told me she had no concerns and I'm going to be midwife led.
    im pleased but was a bit surprised. she said while the journey was difficult things are fine with the pregnancy and im fit and healthy.

was anyone else on here midwife led? ive heard horror stories about MW led birth units where there is just one MW between loads of women and your more of less   left to get on with it on your own ...