* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date September/October 2019  (Read 16134 times)

0 Members

Offline Wishing4miracles

modify
BFP - Due Date September/October 2019
« Reply #190 on: 4/06/19, 22:45 »
Hi Jade

Ive got a Dreamgenii, ( 2nd in below list) but there is a wide range of shapes and sizes available, some can be used as feeding support pillow once little one arrives or just to prop them up when they cant yet sit unaided etc ) I got mine from mothercare. The main 2 questions are:

is it comfortable for you ? before you spend £££ get a small blanket roll it up to the right shape and keep it in place by tying it together in a few places, use that for a night or two ( it will be a lot squishier than the real deal) but will give you an idea how comfy the shape is / isnt.

after 20 weeks you are meant to sleep on your left hand side its to do with the way the heart pumps blood around your body and in this position baby gets the most nutrients, oxygen etc, so does your pillow of choice help you stay on your left at night ?

if you have friends / relatives who recently had a little one they may well still have sth like this around theres no harm in asking to borrow it to try it and you never know they may be glad of a bit of space for other stuff.

https://www.madeformums.com/reviews/10-of-the-best-pregnancy-pillows/

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #191 on: 5/06/19, 15:12 »
    I have something like it from first preg. Ciuldn't do without that time round from something like 16 weeks. Also liked it in the beginning for breastfeeding (especially in the beginning when things are not automatic yet). Have had it in bed this time round too last month or two, but less addicted -I can sleep without too (although I like someyhing between my knees). (Brand : "doomoo", but i do not know if it exists in uk - nice and soft/mushy, compared to some others i felt) I got it in a local shop selling baby stuff (equivalent to mothercare, I expect). I like being able to feel and see stuff before buying, call me old fashioned ;-).

Re sleeping postions: it is true that lying flat on your back is not very good towards end of pregnancy (3rd trimester). However: your body will tell you this too (feeling sick, dizzy, uncomfortable,...). If lying on the back is necessary (eg operation, scan,...) the mum is tipped 15į to the left (wedge under pelvis, tipping bed/table, or just on side). I can guarantee however that spending a night on the left side is uncomfotable - even painful - so not feasible (had terrible heartburn on right, could not lie on back or tummy and my left ear and shoulder were hurting from always lying on one side. I raised back of bed and slept propped up against pillows at the end...
    Until then you can not guarantee you might not turn onto your back during sleep, so no panic if you wake up on back at this stage. Also sleeping or lying on right side will not do any damage. Untilnit is physically uncomfortable to lie on tummy I am not too worried about that either (here the maternity pillow thing helps for quite some time, supporting one hip + shoulder, taking weight off belly.

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #192 on: 6/06/19, 10:02 »
    Morning Mums to be,

How are you?

K Jade - sorry to hear that you have been struggling, hope your feeling ok
    Godiva - good news on your 20 week scan! But have never heard of two pieces of placenta - how interesting.

For sleep, I am using a simple long sausage pillow which i cling to like a Kaola!!  I switch between left and right hand side - otherwise my hips are killing me! Its impossible just to sleep on the left side.  I was so scared at how to sleep in my last pregnancy i developed insomnia which contributed to my PND so I refuse to stress about it this time and i am sleeping fine.  My midwife states its much more important to get sleep and stay healthy.  Our bodies are designed to carry babies and will tell us if we need to adjust - she told me not to listen to my brain but just feel/listen to my body which will naturally adjust as we grow.

I had my 20 week scan yesterday and my little girl is PERFECT  ;D ... she is an average size (which is nice as my DS was always huge!).  I also saw my consultant who has booked in my c section for 14th October!!  I have to have growth scans at 28 and 36 weeks which I believe is due to the medication I am taking to try and prevent PND this time round.

xxx

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #193 on: 6/06/19, 15:16 »
    thank you ladies for advice and info on the Mat pillow
    still undecided on what to do   :-\
    I have tried sleeping clutching onto my pillow in front of me, like a kolala,  and it didn't really make much different. I just tossed it on the floor in the end. so I may not bother. my main problem is the 'squashed' feeling that's starting to emerge in my insides. touch wood im not really aching or anything.

umm.....not sure whether to be annoyed about this. its REALLY petty but here goes.
    I had another scan today as last time they couldn't visualise the kidneys. I got up on the bed and the scanning woman double checked that I didn't want to know the gender , which I don't.
    when all was done she took some pics to print off for me and went
    " I wont take any from that area as you don't want to know the gender baby has legs apart right now so its clear as day"
    er...thanks that kind of confirms it then  ???
    I mean a girl doesn't really have any parts does it, so Im guessing it can only be a boy

its fine, I just wished she hadn't HINTED quite so obviously when I really wanted a surprise

firefly fab news on your 20 weeks scan,  I really relaxed after mine and felt things were starting to get real xx

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #194 on: 6/06/19, 16:00 »
    Hi KJade

I am usually a stomach sleeper ... I researched the Cozy Bump!! Have you seen it?!  Is an inflatable bed with hole for bump ... its really good for back and hips ... all doctor approved.  If i start to struggle then it will be Cozy Bump for me!!  But like I say, I am doing fine so far.  What is it preventing you gettin comfy?  if you lay in a position where a) you are comfortable b) not in pain then that is a fine position!!  Let your body direct not your head  :)

Sorry to hear about your scan love  :-\ ... however to be fair tho, legs apart and clear as day could be "no little boy bits" seen!!  My little one was very clearly a girl, we both said it before the sonographer did ... lol ... so its still gonna be a surprise!!!  ^hugme^

I feel really good and comfortable - I know its different for me being my second pregnancy, but honestly i really wish I had chilled out like this in my first as i wouldnt have got so ill.  I just have no time to worry as my DS is an absolute bundle of constant energy!!

xx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #195 on: 8/06/19, 17:52 »
    With DD I felt scan was much clearer than with baby boy, so don't be too convinced kjade ;-). Needed pointing out with boy. Sonographer took pic and said it was clear there. DH pointed at a big white "sausage like" structure: is that it? Uhm, no, that was his thigh, it was the little structure next to it (much to DH's disappointment "is that all?").
    Hugging pillow will not simulate mat pillow. The suggestion of rolling up a blanket probably come closer. Try a pillow between your knees perhaps: I need that for my hips too (if DD wants me next to her in bed I use a teddy... No room for me, belly, DD AND a mat pillow in a single bed :-). When lying more on my front than side I like the way mat pillow can support shoulder/arm pit and hip/groin, meaning I a mtilted to allow room for boibs and belly.
    Hear you on squashed insides though. Starting to feel more and more big and akward at the moment. Can't remember if this was case last time round at this stage... (Although I might need to bend down more often now than I did then, with having to help DD dress and get shoes on etc)
     Can sometimes get her to help picking thongs up off floor, but not as much as I would like ;-)

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #196 on: 8/06/19, 18:33 »
    @Firefly: tbh I can not really remember hearing about a bilobate placenta ever before either... Wondering whether I should get an epidural this time round in case they need to manually remove it, or just wait and see and deal with spinal or general anes if it is necessary... Plenty of time to talk and discuss about it still. OB did not seem to be too worried.
    Glad your scan went well too! Congratulations.

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #197 on: 8/06/19, 21:05 »
    Hi ladies,

Nice to hear you are all doing so well. Congratulations on the 20 week scans also. Itís a great feeling getting to that point.  A bit late but I have a dreamgenni and I donít like it. I have boppi wedge that helps under my bump or on my back. Can also be used if youíre baby has reflux to prop up the head. X

Offline Wishing4miracles

modify
    « Reply #198 on: 8/06/19, 21:25 »
    Had 20 week scan a few days ago and everything is as it should be so huge relief, a little girl on the way here.

Weve narrowed down names and we found the one and only, however theres a a conundrum, its one of those names that has different versions depending on cultural background, obviously we live in the uk (dh is english) and i can see my dhs point about using the english version of the name, however i feel the other version would be a nod to my cultural heritage and also I much prefer this version, so we are a bit stuck there. This is not the name we have picked but to illustrate i will use another name as example, hed prefer Mary whereas Id prefer Marie. Not sure how we will solve this one. There is a middle name and that is 100% English which we both like but not enough to use as first name so the conundrum around the first name remains.

@ firefly, your c section is booked a few days before mine, please do share your experiences when the time comes

For those in the UK who welcome freebies this is worth a read:

https://www.madeformums.com/reviews/how-to-get-best-pregnancy-and-baby-freebies/

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #199 on: 8/06/19, 21:43 »
    Wishing- Names are so difficult! I always feel someone has the name so you donít want to
    Copy. DH thinks I have ďweirdĒ suggestions. I would love something Scottish but either someone we know has used it or DH isnít keen! He is hard to please! I suppose you will look at the baby once born and something will click.

Good luck with your sections. Exciting to know when the day will be! You can be nice and organised.