* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date September/October 2019  (Read 16133 times)

0 Members

Offline firefly37

modify
BFP - Due Date September/October 2019
« Reply #210 on: 7/07/19, 14:25 »
Hello Mums to be,

How are we all?

Obvs so glad the temperature has cooled off a bit  :-\  ...

Kjade - I have been experiencing restless legs sometimes at night ... I find its worse if I have been on my feet a lot during the day so trying to rest a bit more.  I also have burning hot feet!!!  I sleep with soaking wet cold socks on with the fan blasting on them ... this feels soooooo nice  :) I have been craving fruit!! Melon to be precise ... i eat a bowl of melon melody most days!!

25 weeks done today ... seems to be going quick! I have a growth scan at 28 weeks and again at 36 weeks ... i have a feeling this one is going to be smaller than my DS, which i am slightly relieved for but still hoping obvs she stays healthy ...

Wishing - i am definitely creaking too!!! I struggle to get up off the floor where i am ordered to sit by DS when he wants to play.  What are your nursery plans?!  Ours is all ready!!  We just tidied it up and refreshed from when DS was in there ... its beautiful woodland animals with a lovely mamas and papas light oak cotbed with matching wardrobe and drawers  ;D ... i felt exactly how you are with my last pregnancy, the worry of reaching the end with everything having worked out.  Try not to overthink it ... statistics are totally in your favour so relax and enjoy ...  ^hugme^

Godiva - hope your back is holding out, go and get a lovely pregnancy massage  ;D i am looking into booking one soon!

xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #211 on: 8/07/19, 09:37 »
    Hi Firefly: yeah that creaking... And sometimes already feeling like a beached whale trying to get off sofa or DD's bed. I try to get DD to help picking stuff up off the floor, so I do not have to get down, with varying success.
    Back seems slightly better (but then my position varies more in the weekend than on weekdays). Had a lot of semi-Braxton Hickses (lower part seemed to contract, upper part much less), and just general lower abdomen "discomfort". Checked with an OB at work (after testing urine), who did a quick scan: no change to cervix, so nothing really to worry about. Urine was just under limits of infection, although she advised me to take 1 dose of monuril to be on the safe side. This too was betrer during the weekend, although I do not think I took it quite as easy as people might think I should. Was hanging blinds and sunscreens in front of some of our windows. Still 2 screens to go... DH was not at home, but is afraid of heights, so not a huge help anyway :-). Temperatures inside much more pleasant, although I do not think it is due to windowcovers ;-).

Nursery: baby will be sleeping in our bedroom first couple of months anyway, so not too bothered (wasn't with first either). I still have to get bedside cot back from a friend who borrowed it, but have plenty of time left. By the time baby is ready to move to his own room, we will have moved house, so no point getting things ready.
    Again: there is not much a baby needs the first weeks, whatever the shop assistants try to tell you. A place to sleep, something to transport them in, some nappies and wetwipes and some clothes (don't get too many itty bitty things, DD grew out of her first sets by week 2!). Stay away from gadgets until you really know what you need/what might actually be useful. Baby will not notice murals on the walls, or you could even just pin some colourful posters or hang some paintings for when (s)he starts focusing on things: cheaper to change for something else when you (or baby) get bored of them...

I think I will be moving DD into what is now euphemistically called my study (paperwork and crafts storage/hoard), but this is more because we are going to have big construction works starting just outside her current room, and I think moving her would be safer (am a bit worried about the size of the works, including digging a hole for an underground garage), especially as the building I live in is over 100 years old. I can not stop them, as they have planning permission, but just hope my building does not (partially) collapse, especially not with us in it.

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #212 on: 28/07/19, 06:25 »
    Hi all,
    Survived the heat? I had a tummy bug 2 weeks ago, which seemed better after 24 h (lost 2 kg in 2 days, and needed another 2 days to get fluid levels back to normal). Worst day was on my day off, so did not skip work, however when I thought everything was back to normal I suddenly felt very unwell at work. Also had some cramps (I already thought it was just intestines), but decided to have OB check things before going home anyway. Everything was fine, but she instructed me to rest (no work) for a week, especially with the heat that was expected. Disadvantage of this was that I could not recuperate in aircon at work...
    Spent last weekend + 2 days at seaside with parents-in-law, and hottest 2 days with parenys in garden with paddling pool. DD loved it all (apart from also having an attack of diarrhea and vomiting at the beginning of the werk, luckily not lasting very long). I feel that the more I rest, the less energy I have... Back to work tomorrow, hope I survive.
    Consultation planned for Tuesday. Having a scan then too, as I will be on holiday for my 32 w scan (a standard one in Belgium). Baby's activity still very variable, with times I nearly think he might be having an epileptic fit (or a tantrum), and other times when he seems calm and lazy.
    Weather is cooler (and wetter) now (temperature halved!), so hoping energy levels will rise.
    How is everyone else doing?

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #213 on: 2/08/19, 07:29 »
    Hi all.
    Godiva ... poor u ... glad ur doing better. How did ur scan go?
    I'm doing well ... had 28 week growth scan this week ... my fundal height was measuring small ... turns out baby is perfect on 50th centile but I'm small as she is soooooo low down. Her head is so low in my pelvis they can't measure it! She is a good mover most days ... so little anxiety there.
    Unfortunately i had a pretty low blood count which was making me exhausted so am now taking iron twice daily. 10 and a half weeks til my c section!!!! Can't wait to meet her .... :)

All the best
    Xx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #214 on: 4/08/19, 07:11 »
    Hi, firefly,
    Baby was in breech, but still time to turn. On the heavy side at 1600g (p85), although I think length was average (at least no comments on this).
    My blood counts are fine, but still dead tired a lot of the time ;-). Not helped by regularly waking at 3 am and not being able to sleep more till I have to get up for work (twice last week). Had a few errands to run yesterday, and needed to lie down early evening. DH had to work, so DD had some "fun" here and there, I believe, amongst other things helping herself to chocolate biscuits and then (luckily) coming to show her chocolate covered hands to have them washed.
    I know what you mean about not being able to meet baby, although on the other hand I am mentally prepared for delivery at the end of Oct. Would love a delivery like I had for DD: all natural, no major complications. Added benefit that it delays deadline a bit for move to the house we are currently renovating (want to move and be slightly settled and unpacked before I have to start work again, 5 months after birth). On the other hand, an end to all the pregnancy symptoms would be nice too ;-). But then this will most likely be my last preg (2 kids is a good number, no frozen embryo's left, and not really fancying getting into the whole treatment thing again), so I should enjoy the fun bits/feelings (baby squirling,...) as much as possible now. And fatigue is unlikely to improve first few months after delivery :-).

Offline Wishing4miracles

modify
    « Reply #215 on: 9/08/19, 17:19 »
    @ Godiva: My little ones levels of activity are erratic too, at times it feels like shes playing the drums in there and doing some serious headbanging, at others shes so quiet that I start to worry, so perhaps its still too early for our babies to have a set pattern.

@ Firefly: 10 weeks to c section too, I know what you mean about cant wait to meet her, same here, the more things progress, the more real things become,  but the last few weeks have really dragged.

29+2 here, we are currently decorating the nursery, due to start antenatal classes in a few days so its very exciting. Also started preganancy yoga which i find helps and chatting to other mums to be is always nice. Once nursery is sorted, hopefully before end of august, i will embark on a major wash and sort all the mountains of baby clothes we got given by friends and family. This may sound like a silly question, but can I use 'normal' laundry liquid like we use for our clothes or do I need some 'special' baby laundry stuff ?

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #216 on: 11/08/19, 12:01 »
    Hi Ladies,

Godiva, how is your sleeping now?  I love sleeping! I nap during the day and am in bed by 8 or 9pm too  :) are you finding it difficult with your DD?  Although I find having my DS makes this pregnancy less stressful (you literally don't have time to worry !! lol) ... he is getting the hump with me not being able to "throw him about" like daddy does or be a climbing frame!  We talk to him a lot about his baby sister and he has told us that he is going to teach her ABCs, colours, numbers and shapes ... he loves learning and is really good on all these areas.  Other than needing iron for low blood count, I am only really suffering with lower back pain and with bubba literally "Riverdancing" on my bladder  :-[ ... I stand up and realise that I have left it far too late to get to the toilet sometimes!  I had a lovely pregnancy massage yesterday and feel slightly "loosened" but I imagine I am stuck with the stiff back until she arrives!  Into week 31!!  ;D ... feels like it has gone pretty quick.  Very excited to hopefully have a better time postnatal than last  :'( ...

I have TWO frozen embs still ... I am determined to have them if all stays as well as it has done so far in this pregnancy ... My poor OH is trying the "surely two will be enough for us darling" ... Nooooooooo .... I want to at least give them a chance.  One is a very good hatching blast and one a blast ... will see what happens but like you Godiva, I don't think I would want to go through the whole process again.

Wishing, have you started classes? Nursery done?! What décor have you gone for?  Re washing ... we did use Aldi's baby washing liquids for a while but quickly just started using our normal which has caused no issue.  I bought a GORGEOUS second hand bundle of baby clothes ... cant wait to dress her in her little dresses and woolly tights  ;D ... been thinking a lot about what she is going to look like!!  Will she look like my DS or completely different?!!? ... its just so exciting!!
    xx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #217 on: 13/08/19, 08:42 »
    Two weeks holiday now. That should mean plenty of rest, even if it is not when it is "supposed" to happen... Some nights are good, others I am awake for an hour or two from 3-4 o'clock (at least on holiday I can go back to sleep afterwards again). Love afternoon naps if I can, even just a lie down, as sitting is uncomfortable for a longer period of time (back pain, no switch in position possible as belly in the way), and standing still is not very comfortabel for long either (tend to wobble and bend and stretch and generally look restless when "standing still"). Going to bed at 8 or 9? I'm glad if I can get DD in bed by 9 (and then anticipate at least 3 "escapes" ', with excuses like "I need another pee (or wet my nappy)" and "I can not find donkey/rabbit/horse/... Mummy help!", so not much point thinking of bed before 9.30-10 pm.
    On holiday in borders region now. The journey was not too bad as travelling goes: 2 h drive, ferry over night, 1.5 h drive, but still exhausting. We were all in bed on the ferry at 7. Well, sort of: DH is prone to sea sickness, so took sole tablets, which make him very drowsy. I was just generally tired, but DD felt it was far too early to go to bed. We had made her a bed on the floor in between our two beds (DH also is afraid of heights, so could not go in top bunk, DD still falls out of bed sometimes, and I did not fancy climbing up a ladder (and especially down for trips to the loo) with bump - so nobody to use top bunk). Every 15 mins DD woke us up for wet nappies, toilet trips, lost toys,... Until past 9, when she finally went to sleep. I have a new tummybug now, so trying to take things easy for now (but really would love to get some walks etc in this holiday...).

Countdown for work going on: after these 2 weeks I go to work one week, then another week off as it is DD's first school week (has been in daycare for more than 2 years, but still another milestone....). Then I have sole days off scattered over the next 2 weeks (so not to have to work 2 days in a row), by which time I'm 36 weeks and I feel okay to stop.

Firefly: I agree tgere is less time to worry, and you pysh through more things, but I do feel this pregnancy is more tiring and has more impact on my general health (seem to have more issues with tiredness, more susceptible to things like tummy bugs, had cold sores for first few months,...). Not sure if it is the toddler-pregnant combo, age, selective memory, or just a different pregnancy.

We had a 3D pic of baby 2 weeks ago, and somebody immediately said it looked like DD. I just feel it looks like a baby... Anyway, I can hardly recognise pictures of DD in the first month or two. They change so much... From 6 months-1 year they start becoming more recognisable on the pictures compared to now.

Washing: I used same stuff as always (although I prefer not too scented products). Most important is to not to use too much, so everything is well rinced by the end of tge program.

I feel baby might have flipped bottom down again Sunday night (after a week of head down), but not sure: all limbs are strong enough to be felt now, so I find it hard to work out which bit is which...

Offline Wishing4miracles

modify
    « Reply #218 on: 15/08/19, 12:10 »
    30w+2, changing bag arrived today, i never thought something so small would make me so happy, i guess its making things more real. Also had the pleasure of starting on iron tablets :/

@ Godiva: sorry to hear holiday isnt going as planned so far, fingers crossed you feel better soon and are able to enjoy your hols. I like what youve done re work, im probably going to do something similar.

@Firefly: yes started classes a few days ago, its quite intense but its really good, Id recommend the NCT signature classes to anyone in the uk, well worth the nominal cost. Nursery is work in progress, we've painted the walls in calming but cheerful gender neutral colours, next stage is sanding and staining wood and then laying flooring and getting furniture in. Like you I keep wondering what she might be like, hair colour, etc, it may be silly as noone can know at this stage but I cant help it. Cant wait for the furniture to be in, then i can finally wash and sort baby clothes and put them away in readiness for her arrival. Also can then focus on getting hospital bag ready in case she decides to make an appearance early so we will have a few things less to worry about. Also thinking about wills etc, may sound morbid but I want to make sure she benefits from my estate as intended should anything happen to me, of course I intend to be around for 60years+ but I guess its good to have these worst case scenarios things sorted.

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #219 on: 19/08/19, 04:03 »
    Wishing: wills etc are something we do not think about enough. Like an insurance policy you need them, but hope never to use them.

Hospital bag: NHS newsletter this week (32) asks if I have mine packed... I'm in another country :-D. Did look up nearest maternity: almost an hour away. Lucky I do not live here, as I do not know whether I would make it in time if I went into labour (less than 5 hours between realisation that I wqs in labour and arrival of first baby, 2nd requires organising child minder for first before going to hospital and often comes quicker...)
    We seem over tummy bug, DD is acting more "normal" now, just have to adjust to idea that in this case holiday just means relaxing, not zooming all over the place for different activities and sights. More than half way, and feel like I have done nothing.