* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date September/October 2019  (Read 16113 times)

0 Members

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due Date September/October 2019
« Reply #220 on: 1/09/19, 17:24 »
September is here! People will be starting to "drop their babies" now (if they have not yet), and time to really start preparations (have not done any shopping yet, but then I do have most important things already). How is everyone getting on?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #221 on: 1/09/19, 20:43 »
    Hello Everyone,

Sounds like everyone is doing well and all getting prepared for youíre little bundles. Indeed we are in September Godiva! Hopefully lots of precious little blessings being delivered safe and sound this month!

My due date is tomorrow and no sign of baby so far. I am seeing the midwife tomorrow to be examined and she will try and perform a membrane sweep. I didnít have any of this with DD as I went into labour 39 +4 spontaneously so all quite new and terrifying for me! Who knows baby might decide to arrive on due date but Iím not holding my breath!

Have any of you had advice on inducing labour at term? X

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #222 on: 3/09/19, 22:33 »
    My first eventually was born at 41+6 (scan date, as we had ivf dates we knew it to be about half a week off). Most OB's will suggest inducing somewhere between 41 and 42 weeks, if no complications. Mine was prepared to take ivf dates into account, so had induction booked at 42+2 (much to another OB's horror). I did have foetal monitoring (ctg) every 3 and then 2 days after passing 40 weeks. Any change would have sent me to have induction immediately.
    Definitely try the sweep - first one "improved" cervix, second one got me going about 12 h later. Of course it is not "comfortable", but it was not really painful either.
    We tried all other tricks in the book, including intercourse (own oxytocine, hubbies prostaglandines), but without succes. Was booked for a "foot reflexology" session on day I delivered, thinking that there was no harm in treating myself to a foot rub - even if it might not send me into labour.

At 34w baby appears to be head down (hoorray), but still pretty high up (no surprise given my history). Week off as DD started kindergarten on Monday, counting down to definitive stop in 2 weeks time.

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #223 on: 10/09/19, 17:08 »
    Had a scan today. Baby confirmed head down. Already ways 3.2-3.3 kg at 35 weeks (weight of term baby! Doubled in weight last 6 weeks!). OB has now pencilled in an induction in the week of Oct 7th, as she definitely does not want me to go past term and have a 4.5kg baby... So now I am in a panic getting everything sorted before then.

IvyStar: any luck coaxing baby out?

Offline Wishing4miracles

modify
    « Reply #224 on: 16/09/19, 06:48 »
    Good luck IvyStar, I dont know where you live but I know in the UK they dont let you go 2 weeks past your due date so latest now there will be exciting things happning for you :)

3 weeks to go Godiva, in the early stages the end goal seemed so far away and now its within striking distance, I'm so pleased for you. Your little one putting on weight is a good sign :)

A month to go here until c section and all physical preparations are ready (nursery, car seat, hospital bag, birth plan etc). Ive started reading books on very early parenting and I find it fascinating, theres so much I didnt realise :) Needless to say, probably like everyone on this thread incredibly excited about finally meeting our little miracle. On Friday I 'believe' she dropped, I felt really uncomfortable/mild pain in my tummy and then lots of stretch marks appeared and when i feel her move its lower down than it used to be. For those of you whose babies have dropped too, have you noticed a change in movement pattern or is it just that there is more space in there so im feeling her antics less and im worrying for no reason ?

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #225 on: 16/09/19, 23:23 »
    Movements have been less kicks and more "rubbing" for quite some time here. I think since "dropping" most noticable is my bladder: constant feeling of pressure and 'eedkng to go...
    I got stretch marks in week 37 of last pregnancy, mostly lower abdomen. Now most tenderness (burning sensation skin, mainly after eating a bigger meal, very sensitive to touch) is higher up. Constantly expecting marks to appear there... .
    Had last day at work today. Now need to get everything organised for baby (of course being second baby I have just about everything I need somewhere, just a question of sorting, washing and tidying... Not ready yet, and wanting to wait as long ad possible but then so ready to get rid of discomforts... (Loose pelvis, backpain, easier movements without big tummy (hello feet and private parts!), heartburn,...)

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #226 on: 17/09/19, 09:25 »
    Mornin ladies,
    Ivystar - any signs of bubba coming yet?! Best of luck xx
    Godiva - congrats on finishing work and on growing a nice big baby!!! xx
    Wishing - think you are c section same date as me .. 14th Oct?!  You are much more organised then I am at the moment!!! Well done xx

AFM - I had a baby shower at the weekend which was nice and lifted me a bit ... I have been absolutely crippled with back pain and have the biggest swollen, uncomfortable feet ever  :-\ ... my bubba has always been very low down so I don't think she will drop any lower!! She's so active most of the day , really big, strong movements that are now pretty painful!! Final growth scan next week then count down to the 14th Oct .. I am still working though until 28th Sep!!!! arggghhhhhhh

xx

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #227 on: 1/10/19, 00:37 »
    Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know that I had a perfect baby boy on the 4th September, weighing 7lbs 4oz. I went into spontaneous Labour at 40w+1day. He is nearly 4 weeks old. He is doing really well and is the most chilled out and contented little boy.

How are the rest of you doing? Any more baby news? Xx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #228 on: 1/10/19, 13:25 »
    Congratulations, Ivy! Glad baby is contended. My daughter was pretty "easy" as babies go, so not sure what it will be like if baby2 is more demanding...
    38 weeks now, but baby estimated to be quite big, so OB wants to induce me next week. Sort of hoping to go into spontaneous labour just before :-).

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #229 on: 2/10/19, 07:13 »
    Thank you. My daughter was really demanding so Iím not use to having such a quiet baby.

Good luck with your induction and hope you do go into spontaneous labour. I used evening primrose oil capsules and put internally at night and drank raspberry leaf tea from the day before my due date so think that helped me as there was no sign on my baby coming before then. Look forward to hearing youíre news soon x