* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date September/October 2019  (Read 16163 times)

0 Members

Offline IvyStar

modify
BFP - Due Date September/October 2019
« Reply #230 on: 3/10/19, 10:46 »
Wishing and firefly,

Just managed to read back youíre messages. The various pains we have to go through are so hard.

In terms of movements I felt that in the last few weeks I was still getting movement but not in the same pattern as before. So Iíd usually get very vigorous movements and at usually similar times and that changed. Just get checked if you feel worried as mothers instinct is always right x

Firefly - Do they have physio classes or 1:1? My friend was given a bump band and crutches as her back pains have been terrible. Itís really not nice in the later stages and all you want is to meet youíre baby.

Good luck with youíre births and I hope youíre little ones arrive safely xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #231 on: 3/10/19, 12:20 »
    Hi ladies
    Sorry I dropped off the radar a bit :-\
    Still here. Currently 40w+1d
    No signs of anything
    No MW appointment till next Thursday. Was supposed to have 1 today but they couldn't fit me in  :-\
    TBH I've had no continuity of care, not even seen same MW twice
    Today I called the hospital to say I was concerned this was gonna go on and on and what if they can't even fit me in for induction on time .
    I was just told not to be anxious as this will definitely stop labour and phone my GP MW.  ::)
    Also my baby is big too , so bit worried about nat delivery....
    Hmm...not really sure what to do :-\

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #232 on: 3/10/19, 13:09 »
    Hi K jade,

Sorry to hear that youíre MW and hospital havenít been helpful. I totally understand how you are feeling because I thought it would never happen for me spontaneously. Maybe call the midwife and say how nervous, anxious etc you are and that they need to help you. Have they tried a membrane sweep? As this is the procedure here and they do that at 40 weeks to help things. Absolutely ridiculous that they have to time to fit you in and Iíd be demanding they do. Itís not fair leaving you feeling like this.

I hope you get somewhere with them and I hope you just go into natural labour x

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #233 on: 3/10/19, 15:56 »
    How frustrating, kjade. I went 2 weeks past EDD with first, so understand a bit, although it is strange they do not want to see you more often... If you are worried about baby you can always say you feel baby moving less. That should at least get you checked and back on the radar (although not necessarily induced).
    How big is "a bit big"? Although everything depends on your size too (or at least the size of your pelvis). Most women are worried about delivery, especially first time. You do not know what to expect... I'm a bit worried about second too, as it will most likely be induced, baby bigger (but that does not worry me too much), and especially worried about bit of placenta remaining inside...
    Never heard about anxiety stopping labour :-D. In the beginning everybody is afraid it will cause labour (miscarriage). Wonder why (and when) it suddenly changes according to these people? :-D
    It is fine for eveybody to tell you not to worry, and stop stressing - all it does is increase stress and anxiety, as you not only worry about the initial factor, but also about the fact that you are stressing - worrying it worsens things.
    It reminds me of epidurals: they tell you to relax, as it makes things easier, and to absolutely not move during the procedure, as you risk severe complications otherwise. Makes relaxing all that much easier when they remind you of this while they insert a long, thick needle in your back to within a few fractions of a mm from your spinal cord ;-)

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #234 on: 8/10/19, 12:20 »
    Many congrats ivystar!!! Well done you xxx
    Anymore for anymore yet?!
    Godiva any news on ur induction?
    I've had an eventful couple of weeks... Was admitted to hospital for 2 nights for monitoring re pre eclampsia, bladder issues and obstetric cholestasis. Turns out I have relatively mild obstetric cholestasis... The itching has been hideous but calmed a bit by meds I'm now on. My feet, ankles and lower legs are still swollen and back still sore but I'm still smilingish!! :) ... 5 and a half days to go!!! Its been a real challenge the last month with being heavily pregnant and with a crazy toddler.. Really challenging!!!! Luckily my other half has been super supportive when not at work as has my dear mum!!!
    Lots of luck,
    Firefly

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #235 on: 8/10/19, 15:40 »
    Thank you firefly.
    That sounds terrible. Hope youíre mostly recovered from all those things now.
    Wishing you lots of luck with youíre delivery. Xx
    Iím nearly 5 weeks in with my baby boy and loving every minute. Heís such a sweetheart x

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #236 on: 9/10/19, 22:47 »
    My baby boy was born yesterday. At 54 cm and 4kg being induced was probably a good idea. I delivered baby, but placenta was stuck firmly, so ended up having to have it delivered manually, and had quite a bit of blood loss. And spent about an hour in the recovery room.
    We then had some problems latching, and baby did not want to drink much, but we seem to be getting the hang of it now (this is something I did not expect, as with DD it was very straifht forward). Hoping to go back home tomorrow. Decided to stay this night as OB was not 100% happy that I refused a blood transfusion this morning (anemia is not life threateningly low, and I do not really feel symptomatic or hindered by it, but she thought I might take a bit longer to recover and said it could hinder my milk production (although I do not think there is a problem there). I think she would not want to see me go immediately after getting some iron. Also it gives me a bit more time to concentrate on feeding with help right on hand.

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #237 on: 10/10/19, 13:19 »
    Many congrats godiva xxxx well done you xxxx
    Feeding going OK? Feeling OK?
    Any news kjade or wishing?
    Ivy hope ur little one still being super cool xxxx
    Few days left for me... Was back in hosp yesterday due to protein and high blood pressure :S... Back this afternoon and tomm morning.
    Can't wait to get this done on Monday!! I have finally packed my bag lolololol.... Xxxx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #238 on: 11/10/19, 08:07 »
    Took baby home yesterday. Feeding started improving after 24 h. Baby lost much less weight than I expected. Milk is starting to come in since yesterday evening, so seems to be on schedule (ob warned anemia might interfere with milk production). Feeling reasonably well, although I am aware of the anemia (or is it just lack of (uninterupted) sleep?). Wondering whether trip to pharmacy (300 m max) is overdoing it or not.

Firefly: glad I'm not the only one who procrastinates :-D. Hope your pre-eclampsia (?) stays under control till Monday!

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #239 on: 13/10/19, 12:56 »
    Hi all.
    My little lady is here... Pre eclampsia worsened. She was delivered 3am today... Weighing 8lb7oz which was a shock! She started breast feeding herself! Literally shuffled onto them with little encouragement. Love her to pieces. My ds has met her and seems to like her!!!  Lol xxx