* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date September/October 2019  (Read 15619 times)

0 Members

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due Date September/October 2019
« Reply #40 on: 28/02/19, 12:05 »
My embryo measured 6+4 (7.26mm) at 6+6, but they can easily be a day or two off, as the difference is a fraction of a mm. (DD always measured couple of days ahead). No reason for me to worry (which I really try not to). Heartrate was 137, but again there is a wide variation possible. Yesterday they could not count heartrate (think machine was a not quite as good quality, probably because they expect it to take a bit more of a beating as it gets wheeled around more).OB was definitely happy that it was regular and fast just.
I know bleeding is common, but it does not make you panic less, especizlly when combined with cramps. Trying to tell myself that I had a bleed with DD too, and never with my miscarriage, so really it should be a good sign. (Hematomas often appear when placenta is growing into the lining and hits a bigger vessel, so I am now convincing myself that it is a sign my placenta (and embryo) is growing). Nausea less today (because I am resting a lot? It tends to be worse when I am tired). Which is of course comfortable, but "worrying". StayP: do not worry about no nausea (look who is talking :roll: ) you do not HAVE to have morning sickness

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline StayPositive1

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 28/02/19, 17:52 »
    Maybe my sickness will hit me this week as only just week 7 today. Also my consultant did say it looks like implantation bleeding around the sac so hopefully it is where it has implanted itself nice and deep. I Canít wait to get to 12 weeks. Feels like so long away. I know that you never will stop worrying but itís such a milestone and chances of something going wrong decreases so much. X

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 28/02/19, 21:48 »
    No more bleeding. Tiny bit of old blood on TP this morning (to be expected, but nothing else. Hoping baby is sticking on well. StayP: that is exactly what they saw and said to me when I had the bleed.
    Spent just about the whole day lying on sofa watching tv, or on bed sleeping. Was advised by OB to take Utrogestan orally for couple of days so I would not accidentally stimulate uterus/cervix. I know it is done sometimes: got a box of "oral utrogestan" once from pharmacy as prescriptuon did not specify vaginal, and they told me it did not matter as it was exactly the same stuff in different box. They said it was prescribed orally by some gynaes because it gave more farigue, so helped "force" women to rest enough, if they felt they might not do so otherwise. I am on ridiculous high doses this time round (clinic did not want to take any risks, even though I am convinced my previous MC had nothing to do with low prog as I had not bled a drop even after stopping meds for a week to allow uterus to empty itself after diagnosis was confirmed) By this evening (4th dose) however I was incredibly dizzy whenever I got up: head spinning like crazy, and could not walk in a straight line(apparently dizzyness is a known side effect of Utrogestan according to drug leaflet, especially when overdosed, or high prog to estrogen ratio - especially orally). Combined with fatigue a great combo to get DD into bed... (Got DH to get her into her pj's before going to a meeting, so at least that bit was done). She of course did not want to come to her room, and I fell asleep on the spare bed for an hour (I hoped she would come to her room to see where I wqs at the very least) before going back to pick her up and carry her to bed... She must have had great fun (advantage is that she knew it was late and did not protest much to being put in her bed). Think I will switch back to Utrogestan up my lady parts tomorrow however, because the dizziness is bordering on dangerous...
    Had some conflicting advice about my aspirin too: OB I saw said it did not matter and I could continue, whereas clinic told me to stop due to bleed (mentioned it while trying to find out whether they were sure they had not received the scan report - turned out they had missed it as it was on page 2 of an attachment...). As no more bleeding now, I think I will just follow OB's advice.

KJade, have you been to EPU already? How are you doing?

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 1/03/19, 15:26 »
    Hi ladies, Iím sorry to hear you have been going through a rough time with the bleeding and all. It is so worrying and had a bleed at 6 week +1. I just thought that was it but was reassured by the scan and heartbeat also. I have no idea what the embyo measurements were but it was the right size. At my 12 week scan it was 74mm from rump to crown. I know thatís probably not much help. But I was always told by my drs that if you see a heartbeat at 7 weeks you are 90% likely to have a successful pregnancy so I always kept that in my mind. The wait until 12 weeks is absolute torture and so hard to not think negatively. I hope the that the time passes quickly for you all. Itís so hard to enjoy the first trimester as itís just full of worry.

Kjade- how far along are you?

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 1/03/19, 16:53 »
    Hi ladies u probably read on the other thread I have had bleeding at 6 weeks and just recently at 8 weeks.
    Went to GP who really wasn't helpful tbh but referred me to scan.  Just had it this afternoon and all was absolutely fine and no reason for bleed found.
    From being on this forum for many years it appears bleeding is pretty normal in ivf pregnancies
    But that doesn't stop it being majorly stressful.
    U just have the default mindset that all bleeding is bad. Sometimes the health professionals don't give us the reassurance we need. Coupled with their often limited experience of ivf pregnancies.
    I wander if FET pregnancies, where there is no corpus lectum, and all hormonal support synthetic until wk11, again make us more vulnerable to bleeds.

Godiva I'm on aspirin too.... Hmmm wandering if I should maybe stop. Glad all was good with scan.

My EDD date was 6th Oct but it may be earlier now as today measured ahead.

Anyway hope u all have nice relaxing weekends planned. Xx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 1/03/19, 20:53 »
    I do not think bleeding is related to IVF (we just know we are pregnant far too early). It is also difficult for doctors to be reassuring. They can not give guarantees. Even they can not distinguish between an "innocent" bleed (implantation of placenta + growing of it resulting in bleed or haematoma) or a miscarriage without doing a scan.  They do not want to give false hope either. The OB who did my scan was very understanding and friendly and tried to reassure the best she could, pointing out heartbeat and adding colour to the image to make the flow even more clear, and telling that baby looked fine and in good condition, but she also had to warn me that the haematoma in itself can sometimes irritate the uterus and make it contract, hence taking it easy for a couple of days.

On the hormones: frozen transfers (unless natural cycle) do have disadvantage that we need to rely on synthetic hormones. The clinic where I do my "pre's and posts" do quite a lot of blood tests, and I have noticed that from 6-7 weeks the placenta kicks in and Estrogen and Prog start to rise. Of course I would not stop hormones yet, but it is nice to know that the pregnancy is starting to sustain itself. With my miscarriage I stopped all drugs at just over 8 weeks, and after a whole week nothing had happened, gestational sac was still growing even.
    At 12 weeks comes the dreaded moment to tgen go cold turkey on all hormones: another nerve wrecking milestone :-)

Kjade: don't stop anything unless told. If you told the EPU that you were on aspirin, and they did not tell you to stop, you are fine.

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 10/03/19, 21:20 »
    How is everyone doing, it is so quiet here. My symptoms are worse, so taking it as a good sign (thrown up twice, and spendi'g as much time as possible resting). Looking forward to scan on Tuesday (although feeling a bit cautious too, in case of bad news).
    Anybody alse got scans, tests,... Coming up?

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 11/03/19, 11:00 »
    I'm here!
    Plodding along OK. Godiva sorry your sickness has been bad. It really is the pits isn't it. Reminds me of why I don't drink anymore. Funnily enough I have a pretty good pain tolerance, but when it comes to nausea I cannot cope. Just such an awful feeling.
    Is this your 2nd or 1st scan?
    I've had 2 now and the worry never stops. The next will be the biggie at 12 weeks... pretty terrified about that

I'm none the wiser to how many weeks I am. At my last scan I was menna be 8wks5d but I measured 9wk2d so not sure which measurement I go with :-\???
    As I'm supposed to half my meds at 11 wks... X

***also my sickness is fading gradually. I was sick Saturday night but the all day deliberating nausea is starting to become less noticeable. I read somwhere that this is normal between 8-12 weeks as placenta is starting to kick in.....? ***

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #48 on: 11/03/19, 19:14 »
    Hello everyone,
    The sickness is hard and makes you feel terrible. Mine stopped at 10 weeks. Iíve had a few nauseous moments but after 13 weeks Iíve started feeling more myself. Hopefully it is the same for you ladies.

Kjade- at my 12 week scan they say I measured 12w+6 when it should have been 12w according to my clinic. My midwife said that maybe baby had a growth spurt and that it would even itself out. The 20w growth scan should give me a more accurate date. You donít have long until youíre 12 week scan but itíll feel like a lifetime just now.

Godiva- how far along are you now? Hope the sickness gets better. Itíll all be worth it.

Iím 15 weeks today.so another 5 weeks until my 20 wk one. Iím in the process of moving my daughter into another room so trying to get that organised. Does anyone know about sleep positions? Iíve been told try and always sleep on left side and definitely not on my back! X

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #49 on: 11/03/19, 22:09 »
    I'm almost 9 weeks now (8+5 i think today). Scan tomorrow is a check after my bleed 2 weeks ago, so hoping to be reassured... No reason to think anything is wrong, but I just do not dare be confident.

Glad things are progressing well, KJade! Where I live they officially use EDD based on 12 w scan, although it is a bit strange using exactly same reference measurements for dating for babys with "short" genes (eg parents of 1m50/1m60), as for "long" ones (parents of 1m80-2m). I could convince OB at the end to take into account ivf dates, saving myself from an induction, as it turned out. They were not going to change dates based on later scans.
    Glad your nausea is getting slightly less. It will probably come and go a bit for a few weeks before disappearing.

Ivystar: you feel like the grownup amongst us "kiddies", the " big girl" we look up to, the example. :D
    Sleeping: most reliable info is midwife, although at this point it does not matter too much. By 3rd trimester it is best to avoid lying on your back (you will probably feel unwell anyway), unless you sort of tilt your pelvis/back by lying on a cushion or something. No point syressing too much over ig though, you can not really control what you do in sleep.
    I prefer lying on left side as it gives me less nausea and heartburn. At the moment i still half lay on my belly, with pillow under my right half of pelvis (because tummy uncomfortable otherwise). I still lie on back, because it is often most comfortable, but then I am too "early" to have any issues yet.