* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date September/October 2019  (Read 15895 times)

0 Members

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due Date September/October 2019
« Reply #60 on: 17/03/19, 21:06 »
If the headache is really that bad and frequent you had best see the gp, but if the paracetamol helped it is a good sign. I agree on trying to avoid meds during pregnancy (well apart from the whole pharmacy going in almost every opening to get pregnant :-s ), but sometimes it is necessary, and many are considered safe. Gladcyou feel better after paracetamol and sleep!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 19/03/19, 11:54 »
    Hello Ladies,

I am currently in the Czech Repub section and thought I would join in here for some preggers chat  ;D
    I am 9 weeks tomorrow following a successful fresh cycle at Reprofit in Czech Repub.  We are over the moon as this was our second fresh cycle (first was our DS born in 2017) but our first treatment out of the UK.
    I had a viability scan around 6 wks where all was well and had a reassurance scan last week at 8w2d where things still great ... our little (affectionately nicknamed) "Venom" (i know ... my other half and i watched "Venom" just as we tested positive, so OH has nicknamed little one that ever since! ... sigh lol) ... was measuring ahead and had a heartrate 186 BPM.
    I am due my booking in appt this Thursday at the local maternity unit ...

Hope you are all keeping well and massive congrats on being preggers!!!

xx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 19/03/19, 13:45 »
    Hi firefly, welcome! The more the merrier :-)
    How are you feeling? And how are you coping with your son? Difficult to relax and rest with a LO around :-) (oh yes, and what is "no lifting" and thinking about what you might prepare as evening meal while the thought of food makes you queesy). On the other hand they take your mind off things, keep you busy, and bring comfort when needed.

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 19/03/19, 14:41 »
    Thanks for the welcome Godiva!!
    I am doing well ... I am just so unbelievably tired!!  I get LO off to bed ASAP and then go myself ... usually around 7:30pm!! lol ... I love sleep ... but I still struggle to stay awake at work in the afternoons.  No lifting?!?  Pahhh ... not with my LO ... I am being sensible about lifting and will continue to do so, however I do always think that women from all over the world, in different circumstances, lifestyle, jobs etc have healthy pregnancies all the time so I am not torturing myself about things.  I did in my last pregnancy though and ended up paying for it!!  You are right that having another takes your mind off things, I do often forget that I am pregnant when I am with LO as he is so full on (2yrs 2mths) ...
    How are you?   :)

xx

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #64 on: 19/03/19, 14:47 »
    Hi Firefly, welcome and congratulations on your bfp! Glad to hear all your scans have gone well and little venom is doing well. We have named our baby star as when they dr did the transfer they said look at the shining star in there! So we thought that was fitting.

How are you feeling? And yes coping with your DS at the same time as ‘“looking after yourself”. I found it really hard with my 3year old daughter demanding my attention and I just felt awful. Things are much better now thankfully! X

Hope the rest of you ladies are well. Nice to see more people joining too as it’s been quiet x

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 19/03/19, 17:45 »
    With my first I also could not stay awake after lunch (tried to get 30 min horizontal at work when I could). It's been slightly better this time round, although I too sometimes try to get LO into bed a bit earlier so I can go too :-). At day care couple of months ago they said LO hardly slept at midday and kept up all the other kids, and suggested to DH that we might let her go to bed a bit later.... I was pregnant at the time (but miscarried). As DD only went to bed at about 8 (she also gets up quite late: 8-8.30 on weekdays), i also felt like tellingvthem I could not let her go to bed later, as I needed to go to sleep then... (I think/hope they were joking - at least i did not feel the need to change our routine).

And lifting: no way to avoid it really. We made a long train journey yesterday. DH handled the suitcases, but as DD was really tired by the end I had to carry her around further than I would otherwise, but it just can not be avoided, and as you say, women have been doing it for millenia.

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 19/03/19, 19:25 »
    I started weaning on my meds yesterday. Everything has been halfed. Estrogen. Progesterone. Roids. Clex. The lot.

Today I've developed splitting migraine
    And I mean literally feel someone has impaled a hot spike into my eye and its coming out the back of my head
    Err.... anyone else had this during weaning off.
    Not madly keen on taking paracetamol but at this rate I have no choice

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 19/03/19, 19:47 »
    Hi Kjade, I didn’t have to take meds after my test. Sorry to hear you are having these headaches. If you are worried about talking paracetamol then maybe try kids calpol? I have been getting terrible headaches with one lasting 24 hours! Drink loads of fluids and try kids paracetamol as it did take the edge of my headaches. Hope you feel better soon.

Just because I’m interested - has everyone on here been on progesterone for long than your OTT? X

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #68 on: 19/03/19, 21:48 »
    I think most people will have been on longer. When I did my fresh cycle they still wanted me to take progesterone till 12 weeks (although in theory ovaries should have been producing enough hormonehormones to sustain pregnancy). 
    As my frozen cycles were medicated my ovaries do not produce any hprmones, so until placenta is "strong" enough I need to take estrogen and progesteron (reading other people's instructions my clinic is quite conservative though).

KJade: sorry to hear about your headache.
    Due to holidays and travelling I have not been able to be quite as strict with my drug schedule. I too have a headache this evening, but it started just after vomiting (only third time in almost 10 weeks, so I should not complain, but I hate it, and this was by far the most spectacular (and awful) one). Really should get some sleep now, i expect that will help me feel better... .

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #69 on: 20/03/19, 08:34 »
    Thanks Ivystar ... Our DS was nicknamed "Firefly" as we thought we saw it zip in and it looked like a little Firefly!!  So from such a cute little name to "Venom"   ::) ... but OH will not have anything else and to be fair its well and truly stuck now!!

I am feeling absolutely fine, I didnt get morning sickness at all with DS and havent had any so far with this one ... I have had a couple of "nausea waves" but nothing that lasted longer than a minute or so.  My anxiety got the better of me in my last pregnancy and I ended up with PND so I refuse to go that way again ... I was terrified of everything ... terrified how i slept ... what i ate ... bending down ... how i sat ... you name it, i was completely crazy.  I am determined to stay relaxed this time round ...

My DS has told us that "Venom" is a SISTER!!  He will not be told any different ... and he has not changed his mind.  He listens to the heartbeat and says "yes yes, its a sister". 

So on the progesterone ... I am still on 800mg a day as well as estrofem ... I have to half it from next week and stop at 12 weeks.

How far along are you all?  How all feeling?

xx