* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date September/October 2019  (Read 15606 times)

0 Members

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due Date September/October 2019
« Reply #70 on: 20/03/19, 14:41 »
It is impossible to do everything "correct" in a second pregnancy. My biggest fear this time round would be cmv (or a chromosomal problem). You can not really protect yourself from "bodily fluids" of your first (nappies, potty training, cuddles, snotty kisses, food stuffed in your mouth in a well meaning manner,...).
I too decided to enjoy my second (and most likely last) pregnancy more and not worry as much. Went on holiday on OTD, with hiking in mountains in Slowakia, carrying daypack and even DD in rucksack for first week of holiday. Then came home to find I gad had a silent miscarriage at viability scan (nothing to do with holiday, it stopped growing just after we got home, and had taken things more easy in second week), so was very worried this first trimester (last frostie, so added pressure). I am 10 weeks now, had a scan last week (check after a bleed) and everything looked fine, so am starting to relax - although I'm still slightly worried about 12 w scan and nipt. Must remind myself this egg is actually 3 years younger than I am now, as I am almost "geriatric" in obstetric terms.
Funny thing is that the more I allow myself to accept this pregnancy seems ok, the more symptoms I get. Quite a bit of nausea since yesterday + been sick twice (bringing total number of times this preg to 4) , tiredness got worse around viability scan,...

My clinic tells me to just stop progynova and utrogestan at 12 weeks. Toying with idea to start reducing this week or next, but will probably just take half dose or so for couple of days at 12 w and then stop. (Was put on very high dose prog "to be safe" after mc, although I do not think it had anything to do with that - i think there was just something wrong with the embryo, and nature spared me any hard decisions.) so currently still inserting 400 mg of utrogestan 4*/day (although i do not manage exact 6 h intervals: i think sleep is probably more important then setting alarmclock to get up in the middle of the night and then not be able to go to sleep again ).

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline StayPositive1

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 20/03/19, 19:20 »
    Hi all and welcome firefly. Itís good to hear Iím not the only one with no sickness.

Iím a bit worried as my ivf hospital have said after 12 weeks I come straight off everything ? They have not mentioned weaning which I would feel more comfortable with so I will call them in the morning.

In regards to progesterone I finish my last injection tonight then back onto the pessaries. Which I am really nervous about as I was put on the injections due to the bleed at 5 weeks.

This is my first pregnancy so I have nothing to compare anything to. Has anyone heard of bad things happening when coming off the IVF meds ? Is it common ?

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 20/03/19, 19:47 »
    Thatís interesting that you have all to take progesterone and other drugs longer. We had a fresh cycle that started in December 18. After egg collection we had to start progesterone pessaries 3 times per day until OTD which was on Christmas Eve. I was told to stop progesterone at 4w+2. Our first cycle worked first time this time and last with the same protocol. We are in Edinburgh so maybe is just the way they do it. Everything worked out fine so not complaining but was just curious. Suppose everyone has a different protocol anyway.

StayP - Your Baby will be well and truely stuck by now. Get advice and try not to worry. Also I did nothing but compare everything to every other pregnant woman first time round. I remember thinking my bump was too small and I didnít get many pregnancy symptoms and I just ended up worrying constantly. It is hard to enjoy it considering the journey it took to get you here. But everyone is different. As I said I stopped progesterone at 4 weeks and everything was fine and my body clearly produced enough naturally to get me through to full term. Ask for advice and always verbalise how you are feeling because itís better than worrying and the medics have heard it a million times. X

Firefly- Love the reasoning behind you DSís name. So Iím am 16w +2d. ODD is 2nd September. Our 20week scan is in less than 4 weeks! X

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #73 on: 20/03/19, 20:02 »
    Also we have been talking a lot today about baby names and the gender. Both my daughter and I think boy and husband thinks girl. I feel totally different this time so I think boy. Iíd be delighted with either as long as everything works out well. We wonít find out the gender as I think itís the best suprised ever. Iím a bit fussy with names. But for a boy I like Noah and Abel and girls I like Marcie, April or Malerie!
    Will any of you find out gender? Any name ideas yet? X

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 20/03/19, 21:47 »
    DH wants to know gender (I too feel different, so would not be surprised if it is a boy, but then maybe it is just difference fresh vs FET? Or just different pregnancy...). He would live another girl. Another girl would mean we can pass on clothes etc, and we know more aboug girls, but in the end I just want a healthy baby. Knowing gender means you can concentrate on one name, although there is quite some charm in not knowing. On the other hand: drs will know what it is, so why should we as parents not?
    Names: too early? I have long lists from previous round (especially for girls)

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #75 on: 21/03/19, 08:55 »
    Thanks for the welcome StayP!

So i had an eventful day yesterday ... DS climbed out of his cot, fell to the floor and has fractured his wrist!  He is wearing a splint until fracture clinic next week ... such a silly little monkey ... he is taking it pretty well and is off to preschool as usual today  ::)

StayP - I was really shocked to read somewhere on these forums that having no morning sickness means that you are more likely to have a miscarriage ... which is such a load of rubbish!  Its horrible that this sort of info is getting about on here upsetting people ... I had absolutely nothing with my DS and although I physically and mentally suffered in the pregnancy ... from his side of things he was always absolutely PERFECT ... So dont worry ... neither of my sisters had morning sickness nor my mum. 

I have not heard of any issues coming off meds ... we are kept on them for longer than we need to be simply as a precaution - realistically our bodies have taken over properly well before 12 weeks so again try not to worry.  Maybe speak to your clinic and suggest if you can wean off if that will make you feel more comfortable.

Ivystar - wow nearly 20 week scan  ;D ... I will be having a private 16 week scan same as DS to find out gender as we absolutely cannot wait!  Lots of bets on this one being a little girl - i absolutely dont mind either.  We have been playing with names already ... for a boy we like Hudson Hugo and for a girl we like Harper Hudsyn  ;D

xxx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 21/03/19, 11:34 »
    Ouch, poor boy fracturing his wrist... I was planning to keep DD in her cot with all sides up as long as she would not climb out. We have a cot you can unscrew one side to facilitate climbing in and out. DD however decided she wanted to sleep in a normal bed a couple of weeks ago (25 mo). She is in spare bed now and it seems to be going fine, so cot is not in use anymore...

Offline Wishing4miracles

modify
    « Reply #77 on: 25/03/19, 15:57 »
    9w4d today so exactly 3 weeks since last scan, first appointment with midwife next week - at some point after that next scan, it can not come soon enough.

Im due to stop progeterone support Thursday when I will be 10w, it seems strange that everyones protocol is so different from a few weeks to 12 weeks, so im trying to take comfort from that but still nervous if placenta is producing enough progesterone for me to be able to stop.

Had several horrific nightmares last night to do with things going wrong with baby and one about baby being a toddler whod climbed out of the cot and fell downstairs, so I guess my subconscious is processing my fears, i will probably be more at ease after next scan  ^pray^ As a first time parent I hadnt thought much about them climbing out but will make sure we get a cot with high sides so hopefully this will buy us some time.

Hows everyone else holding up ?

Offline StayPositive1

modify
    « Reply #78 on: 25/03/19, 18:50 »
    Hi wishing , I come off my progesterone and other meds at 12 weeks , I have checked and they said that the sort of meds Iím on do not need weening. However it still feels so scary coming off the medication. We just have to trust the professionals I guess 😖

Iím so worried , I paid for a private scan with a midwife at 10 weeks 2 days (2 days ago) and the baby measured fine but when she checked the Heartrate it was 131bpm (it was 170 at 8 weeks 5 days), she saw this worried me so did the heart rate again after the baby moved around a bit and it was 158bpm. Since then I have been googling and every forum and every website including NHS ones say it should be 170 at 10 weeks. Iím so so worried now even though the midwife tried to put my mind at ease and said itís with in normal range. Did any of you have the heart rate done at 10 weeks ? Not sure what to do. My next scan is 2nd April and Iím just petrified it has slowed down more.

Offline Wishing4miracles

modify
    « Reply #79 on: 25/03/19, 20:25 »
    Hi StayPositive1,

I hope its ok to link to other forums: https://community.whattoexpect.com/forums/october-2018-babies/topic/what-was-fetal-heart-rate-at-10-weeks-65775395.html

There is quite a range in there, Im wondering if the FHR is a bit like milestones later once the baby is born, some hit them earlier than others but in the long run it doesnt really matter for their development, perhaps your embryos heart rate peaked slightly earlier than 10 weeks. Equally if you think about your own heart rate at rest it will be very different to after a vigorous work out, like you say it was 131 then increased to 158, if baby would have moved around a bit more perhaps it would have continued to increase, it seems those values are just a snapshot in time only showing the few seconds they cover and 158 isn't very far off 170, so fingers crossed everything is just fine, the midwife seemed to think so and she must have seen hundreds of heart rates at this stage so I would try to pin your hopes on that though I know how difficult it is to to try and not worry when we've all be through so much to get to this stage. Perhaps try having something sugary before next scan to encourage baby to move around more which would result in higher heart rate. Good luck and please let us kmow how things go on 2nd april  ^hugme^