* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date September/October 2019  (Read 15614 times)

0 Members

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due Date September/October 2019
« Reply #80 on: 25/03/19, 22:26 »
Was wondering how people were getting on... Kjade: aren't you up for 12 w scan very soon? Sort of marks the end of first trimester to me (although symptoms tend to go on a few more weeks).

Wishing: I too had some really strange baby dreams in first preg, not yet this tile round (although I have had all sorts of other weird dreams).
I do sometimes think people do not think enough about older kids when they go through fert treatment, so glad your dreams are reminding you :-D. When buying a cot I actually got one you could have the matress high (never used it this way, as she only moved to it at 5 months or so), low, and could remove 1 side. Figured that once she started climbing out (like my parents described me doing) I would remove a side to prevent accidents. In the end she herself just decided she wanted to sleep in the full size bed, and even after removing the side she did not really want to move back... Staypositive: I too just stop eveything at 12 weeks. If it makes you better there is nothing wrong in taking half dose for a day or two. Scary, that stopping, but looking forward to it all the same! FHR is very variable. If baby seemed happy and moving it sounds like everything is fine. I have been trying my doppler thing recently and sometimes get a reading, but in the first place I am not sure the measure is accurate (mostly number but no sound), in second place it has ranged from 135 to 200+...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline StayPositive1

modify
    « Reply #81 on: 26/03/19, 08:34 »
    Thank you wishing I think Iím over analysing. I will let you know how it goes on the 2nd. Good idea about something surgery. Letís hope the baby has been doing aerobics instead of sleeping just to put my mind at ease!

Offline StayPositive1

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 26/03/19, 14:00 »
    Hi Godiva , I keep considering buying a Doppler. Not Sure if it will make me feel better or worse !

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #83 on: 26/03/19, 15:06 »
    Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all doing well today?

StayP - I panicked about my FHR at 8w2d as it was 186 which is actually outside of normal range ... however the sonographer stated it was fine and not far enough out (185) to be worried, plus we could all see that the little bean was wriggling around loads.  There is such a large range, if your health care professional says dont worry, then dont hun.  I did some basic googling after mine and found people with higher FHRs than mine with no issues so I havent given it any thought since.  Lower heart rate for boy though  ;) ... another reason we are all going girl for Venom!

My DS is doing well with his splint! He has fracture clinic on Friday for another x ray so hopefully will show signs of healing well.  Just on the cot discussion - DS sleeps in gro-bags and always has done so he has never been able to lift his legs up to climb out before!  Unfortunately on the occasion that he did, he was wearing a gro-bag with poppers on the shoulders and the little smartie pants figured out he could unpop them!  We dont use that one now ... and he hasnt been able to climb out since! But we have got his big boy bed on order as he is soon to be evicted from the nursery so we can get ready for Venom  :)

My prog and est have been halved from today ... 2 weeks to go and then stop which I cant wait for!  I am 9w6d today ... I received a letter from the local hospital for my nuchal/dating scan which isnt until the 17th April at 13 weeks!  Am thinking that I cannot wait that long so considering booking another private ... we are trying so hard not to ... will see.  I spoke to my friend yesterday and told her about the struggle to wait another 3 weeks to find out if everything still ok ... she has been through IVF 4 times and has sadly had 3 MCs and she told me that "you just know" when something has gone wrong.  I feel ok ... quite bloated now ... but no other symptoms.  I cannot remember how I felt at this stage before!! Arrrggghhhh ...

xxx

Offline StayPositive1

modify
    « Reply #84 on: 26/03/19, 21:18 »
    Hi firefly , Thank you for your comments I will try to trust in the midwife and relax , all of you ladies have really helped so thank you for that.

Iím not sure what you mean by gro bag , I feel like I have a lot of learning to do when it comes to babies lol ! I have not even thought about actually having a baby I am just so focused on staying pregnant. I should probably consider that I hopefully 🙏🏻🤞🏻will have a little baby at the end of this !  Can any of you recommend any good baby books ?

In regards to scans we found a lovely place that does private scans and I think they are worth every penny. If you feel like 3 weeks is too long then go ahead and book one I say especially if it will put your mind at ease. I certainly am going to book more private ones in between the normal scans. Plus I think we have done so much to get where we are and scans are one of the best bits ! Xxx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #85 on: 27/03/19, 10:24 »
    StayP: missed where you said you had scan on 2nd. That is when I have my 12w scan too :-).
    On doppler: it really is pretty early still for reliable results. Think last time I used it from about 15 weeks, but was curious now (bit like early testing during 2ww: high chances of not picking things up while they are there). DH is a vet and had one lying around for years without ever using it, so brought it home when I was pregnant of first. As you say though, if you do not capture a signal immediately (eg because of baby's position) it can increase anxiety, instead of reassuring you. Also the time you would want to use it is limited: by the time you feel regular movements you do not really "need" it anymore. All in all not sure if it is worth the money (on the other hand: if you get one second hand and can resell it for almost the same price and take into account the price of a private scan it might not be too bad).

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #86 on: 27/03/19, 10:29 »
    Oh yes, and I think a gro bag is a sort of sleepinbag, attached to the matrass so baby can not disappear under blanket or turn around too much. We had just normal baby sleeping bags until just over 2 years old DD was getting proficient at unzipping them, taking them off and waking up because she was cold. We got her a duvet then, which she loved. She moved out of her cot quite soon afterwards, so perhaps we did not need the "toddler duvet", but still sometimes use it in the big bed.

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #87 on: 27/03/19, 14:11 »
    The grobags I have for my little monkey ... are sleeping bags that go on baby like a waist coat and then zip down the front or around the sides!  I think they are brilliant - we have always used them as I had anxiety about blankets going over the head.  The gro bag stays down and also as it doesnt come off, bubba wont get cold in the night and then wake up upset. 

How you all feeling lovelies? xx

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 28/03/19, 10:46 »
    Hi everyone
    So i passed the 12 wk milestone on Monday . Unbelievable! Baby even looked semi human on the monitor .

Just interested in when and how you tell family members?
    I can't bring myself to say the word 'pregnant'. I would say thing to friends like "I got a positive result". "My scan went well" . The P word doesn't roll off my tounge.
    Sorry I hope this doesn't sound odd. As a long term Barren bird I find it strange that my elderly in laws (who know nothing about my TTC misadventures) are just going to assume I swung my leg over and got knocked up ;D
    Also slightly concerned of giving them a heart attack too or a stroke  :-\
    Does anyone else feel like this?

Offline StayPositive1

modify
    « Reply #89 on: 28/03/19, 11:02 »
    Thanks for the gro bag info ladies I have a lot to learn.

K jade congratulations on the 12 weeks mark. I have a week to go ! Can not wait. Telling parents we are putting a picture of the scan photo in the motherís day cards ♥️ and as for everyone else maybe just say you are expecting a new addition or something along those lines if pregnant sounds strange. I completely know what you mean by this I thought I would NEVER say Iím pregnant ! And still feels not real xx