* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date September/October 2019  (Read 15604 times)

0 Members

Offline mattysmrs

modify
BFP - Due Date September/October 2019
« Reply #90 on: 28/03/19, 11:14 »
Congratulations KJade. I was the same. I never said to people 'I'm pregnant '  I used to say 'I'm having a baby' the P word was alien to me.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #91 on: 28/03/19, 13:29 »
    Congrats Kjade - i cannot wait to get to 12 weeks ...

I have been feeling a little anxious due to the long wait for the next scan so have booked another for Saturday where I will be 10w2d.  I feel nervous that I dont feel very pregnant anymore, my boobs have really settled down, I dont feel so tired ... I really cannot remember my last pregnancy and how I felt at this stage!  ^idiot^ ... I have just reduced my progesterone and estrogen so maybe this has helped lift the symptoms a little ... Really hope all is still ok with Venom.

xxx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 28/03/19, 15:31 »
    Hi Kjade, was wondering how you were getting along. 12 weeks and scan okay! That is a major milestone. I also read you are off most meds now too!
    It does feel really strange, saying you are pregnant after so much time trying... With my first I was afraid of showing it in public for a long time, and tried to hide it lest I offended somebody who was wishing for the same. And then I was lucky that treatment took quickly, while you spent so much more time struggling.
    As to how to tell: we always told people from the beginning. I needed my mum to now so I could talk to her, and felt in-laws should know too then. Still convincing DH to tell his mum (let's just say about his relationship with her: "it's complicated"). We booked our spot in day care this week for baby (you need to do that early here, as standard maternity leave is only 3 months, shorter if you stop a bit sooner, and spots tend to go fast). This does mean that most carers in day care now know (it is same one as DD is going to know), and from experience we know word travels fast (DH is vet in next village, so "interesting" and relatively well known subject to talk about). I have warned him that if MIL finds out from somebody coming up to congratulate her, he will be in big trouble... His practice is in her house, so he does see her every day.

Don't underestimate parents (in law). While certain things might not be "talked about", it does not mean they might not have suspected something was going on... (I would love to talk to my brother and SIL and find out whether they have had any tests or even some treatment yet: I know they want kids, especially SIL, they had a miscarriage 11 months ago, but I dare not touch the subject, although we never hid the fact we needed medical help. I sort of feel it is up to them to start talking or asking if they want or feel the need).

Firefly: fingers crossed for your sneak preview :-). Hope you get to enjoy some good views of baby :-). Less symptoms might also be result of your own hormone production stabilising. They often come and go a bit at this stage (making you worry when they go, and wishing they went when you do have them...)

Offline firefly37

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 28/03/19, 15:59 »
    Thanks Godiva - you are so knowledgable  ^hugme^ xx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 28/03/19, 17:21 »
    Just that I have had one already (and am at same stage with no 2)

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #95 on: 28/03/19, 20:14 »
    Hi Everyone,

Glad to hear things are ticking along nicely for everyone. Great news on the 12 week scans going well.

So I致e not been here on much recently as I致e had a hard couple of weeks. Firstly I had my flu and whooping cough immunisations and the next again day I had a really terrible reaction to it. I had a high fever 42 degrees, aching body, shivering, heart rate of 150, banging headache. According to the dr just a severe reaction to the flu immunisation. Then just when I start to feel better I was driving home from work and a car rammed into the back of me. My car got pushed onto a roundabout and I got big thump forward and backwards. Ended up in A&E for hours. Thankfully everything was ok with the baby! I have whiplash and am in pain but I知 just so relieved the baby is ok. So I知 hoping that everything is drama free for the next wee while!

Stayp- I would worry about not knowing these things. Everything will fall into place and you値l be an expert in no time. X

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #96 on: 28/03/19, 20:18 »
    Also I totally agree I知 saying 的知 pregnant is a bit odd. I say I知 expecting or I知 having a baby. I was always worried about telling people because you don稚 know what other people痴 situations are. Having gone through all of this I知 always so sensitive to other people痴 feelings when it comes to fertility. Maybe say you池e going to be Grandparents or there is going to be a new addition to the family this year.xx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 28/03/19, 22:33 »
    Ivy, that sounds like some week you have had! I thought whooping cough vacc was given around 6-7 months? Maybe things changed since my last time round... I have wondered whether they do not vaccinate smightly to often with these pregnancy guide lines - I did not get mine last time round, as I would have had it less then a year after a routine booster, and felt my immune system might overreact. Will have it this time round now, as we are 4 years after last shot. Also, with a LO at day care we get exposed to quite a few bugs, and baby will from early on too. Apparently one kid in day care had it last autumn (kids sometimes have to go to day care from 2 months here, due to short mat leave, so expect it was one of the smallest ones who had only had time for one shot). DD had chickenpox at just under 6 months after 1 month at day care... She has had all the routine shots of course, but in some cases they can still carry the bug (like in whooping cough).
    I had my flu jab through work in November. Seems quite late to get it now? Flu season must be over in few weeks, when your vacc has reached full potential.
    You must have felt terrible and worried, and limited in which drugs you can take to feel more comfortable. Glad baby is okay, and hope whiplash gets better soon. Lugging baby belly about will not be helping much, but at least at almost 4 your DD will not be needing to be carried around too much anymore...

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 28/03/19, 22:42 »
    Stay P (and others): do not worry too much about baby stuff now, you will get plenty of advise. Also remember that you do not really need a huge amount, whatever sales people in shops etc try to tell you :-D. Eg. I sterilised bottles and breast pump stuff in the steam cooker I had for years, no need for fancy "special" equipment: steam is steam :-). My advice would be to get the minimum, and then see what you feel might suit your situation, or what your "needs" are once baby is there. Otherwise you end up with loads of crap littering your house that you hardly use (well, that risk is always present of course...). The shops will still be there once baby is born (great excuse to get out of the house), and if you do not feel capable of getting out with a newborn, there is always internet.

Offline IvyStar

modify
    « Reply #99 on: 29/03/19, 06:55 »
    Godiva - they give Whooping cough at 16 weeks here and then flu anytime up until you give birth because you can still get it after the season. Probably less likely but they say both immunisations you give and baby immunity until the baby is 8 weeks old at which they would get their own immunisations anyway. Apparently whooping cough vaccines have increased here in the last year so I just got it.

That痴 such a short time you get mat leave for. How do you cope with that? I can take up to 52 weeks off plus any annual leave on top of that. With DD is took about 14 months off which was just so lovely. But I know I am extremely lucky to get that much time off.