Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

BFP - Due Date September/October 2019

23K views 248 replies 10 participants last post by  IvyStar 
#1 ·
The place to chat for everyone with September/October 2019 due dates  :)

#52 ·
Hi ladies. Good to read that you are all doing well. I had a scan today and the saw the baby wiggling round for the first time (I cried again and I’m reallg not a crier). It measured 2cm and heartbeat was 172. I am 8 weeks 5 days today.  My consultant said he will scan me again in a couple of weeks for reassurance. Myself and my fiancé are so relieved , we are constantly worried that something is going to go wrong and need to try and relax a bit.

I still have not had much sickness , had some acid indigestion , bloating and I don’t fancy food after about 3pm, boobs are always sore. On the upside my hair is wonderful 😂 It’s so thick and my skin is very clear as well, I’m taking that as a win.

Also not sure about anyone else but I seem to get cramps off and on. Maybe the baby goes through growth spurts not sure.

Glad that some of your sickness is subsiding as well. 

Oh I also met my midwife for the first time the other day. And all blood tests came back fine today. So all around a fab day and I am going to allow myself to be happy in this moment. I know we are never really happy and content until baby arrives (I’m guessing) but today is a good one :) 

Xxx

#54 ·
Can't find a number on print out, but strobg and regular.
Glad your scan went well too Stay positive, had been thinking it was a long time I had read a post of yours.
Now just waiting for bemama's results...

#55 ·
Is it normal for some symptoms to be intermittent at 8 weeks ?

The nurses did say towards the end of the first trimester I would start feeling human again so maybe symptoms being intermitent means they are getting ready to vanish over the next few weeks ?

ie I used to get up every night to go to the bathroom, then it randomly stopped for 4-5 nights and I was starting to worry that somethings wrong and then past 2-3 night its back with a vengence so intermittent I guess. Similar with nausea, I used to feel it constantly and now it comes and goes throughout the day.

Im 4-6 weeks away from next ultrasound and hopefully reassurance that baby is fine, so just trying to make sense of the above in the absence of any clear evidence what it means, if anything.

#56 ·
Hi wishing, I am the same with my symptoms they are all coming and going apart from tender boobs which have stayed (some days more tender than others).

I have not had any nausea just a little bit queezy every now and again. I don’t feel like I am peeing more either. I worry a lot about the fact I don’t have many symptoms at all but my midwife has said consider myself lucky!

Some days I do cramp quite a bit and others hardly at all. I think it depends on if there is a growth spurt and if a surge in hormones etc. Everything I have researched has said that symptoms come and go and again my midwife and IVF clinic have said that is completely normal. It’s so hard for us not to worry after everything we’ve been through to get to this stage though x

#57 ·
Yep, normal. You will still be having many of the symptoms till 12-14 weeks at least. The calmer periods might get longer and more frequent.
I'm 9.5 weeks. My symptoms have not been very constant throughout this pregnancy, but I definitely have good qnd bad days, sometimes very tired, sometimes queesy, only twice bern sick. Boobs seem less painful last few days, come to think of it, but will try not to get too worried (I have no idea what size my "normal" boobs are anymore anyway, as they have not been at rest for 3 years now).

#58 ·
Hi Everyone,

Glad to hear your scans have gone well and babies are growing well x

Wishing- I think everything you are experiencing sounds normal. My sickness and nausea disappeared at 10 weeks. I didn’t need to go to the loo at night much at all. It is just a constant worry. But I think the main thing is that you take is easy and look after yourself as much as you can until you get your scan. X

Afm- I’ll be 16 weeks on Monday. Had my midwife check this week and heard the heartbeat with the Doppler. Everything seems fine and feeling baby move around intermittently inside. I am suffering from terrible headaches though which is horrible. I’m bed trying to get rid of the current one ☹

#59 ·
Glad to hear baby is doing well, Ivy, but sorry to hear about the headache. When did you stop all the drugs? Could it still have to do with that? Natural hormones can be a pain in the *** (head? ;-) ) too of course. Hope it gets better as pregnancy continues. If headache gets really bad, or any other symptoms, pkease see your doctor, as pregnant women are at a higher risk of dangerous blood clots.

#60 ·
I stopped the progesterone like 2 days after my bfp. It was 4w+2. I wasn’t to take anything after that. When I had a headache a few weeks ago I went to see the midwife and she checked me over and said everything was ok. I really hate taking any paracetamol or anything even though you can in pregnancy. But I did take 1 x 500mg and then slept all day to get rid of it. I’m actually feeling better aswell but the random headaches are awful!

#61 ·
If the headache is really that bad and frequent you had best see the gp, but if the paracetamol helped it is a good sign. I agree on trying to avoid meds during pregnancy (well apart from the whole pharmacy going in almost every opening to get pregnant :-s ), but sometimes it is necessary, and many are considered safe. Gladcyou feel better after paracetamol and sleep!

#62 ·
Hello Ladies,

I am currently in the Czech Repub section and thought I would join in here for some preggers chat  ;D
I am 9 weeks tomorrow following a successful fresh cycle at Reprofit in Czech Repub.  We are over the moon as this was our second fresh cycle (first was our DS born in 2017) but our first treatment out of the UK.
I had a viability scan around 6 wks where all was well and had a reassurance scan last week at 8w2d where things still great ... our little (affectionately nicknamed) "Venom" (i know ... my other half and i watched "Venom" just as we tested positive, so OH has nicknamed little one that ever since! ... sigh lol) ... was measuring ahead and had a heartrate 186 BPM.
I am due my booking in appt this Thursday at the local maternity unit ...

Hope you are all keeping well and massive congrats on being preggers!!!

xx

#63 ·
Hi firefly, welcome! The more the merrier :)
How are you feeling? And how are you coping with your son? Difficult to relax and rest with a LO around :) (oh yes, and what is "no lifting" and thinking about what you might prepare as evening meal while the thought of food makes you queesy). On the other hand they take your mind off things, keep you busy, and bring comfort when needed.

#64 ·
Thanks for the welcome Godiva!!
I am doing well ... I am just so unbelievably tired!!  I get LO off to bed ASAP and then go myself ... usually around 7:30pm!! lol ... I love sleep ... but I still struggle to stay awake at work in the afternoons.  No lifting?!?  Pahhh ... not with my LO ... I am being sensible about lifting and will continue to do so, however I do always think that women from all over the world, in different circumstances, lifestyle, jobs etc have healthy pregnancies all the time so I am not torturing myself about things.  I did in my last pregnancy though and ended up paying for it!!  You are right that having another takes your mind off things, I do often forget that I am pregnant when I am with LO as he is so full on (2yrs 2mths) ...
How are you?  :)

xx

#65 ·
Hi Firefly, welcome and congratulations on your bfp! Glad to hear all your scans have gone well and little venom is doing well. We have named our baby star as when they dr did the transfer they said look at the shining star in there! So we thought that was fitting.

How are you feeling? And yes coping with your DS at the same time as ‘“looking after yourself”. I found it really hard with my 3year old daughter demanding my attention and I just felt awful. Things are much better now thankfully! X

Hope the rest of you ladies are well. Nice to see more people joining too as it’s been quiet x

#66 ·
With my first I also could not stay awake after lunch (tried to get 30 min horizontal at work when I could). It's been slightly better this time round, although I too sometimes try to get LO into bed a bit earlier so I can go too :). At day care couple of months ago they said LO hardly slept at midday and kept up all the other kids, and suggested to DH that we might let her go to bed a bit later.... I was pregnant at the time (but miscarried). As DD only went to bed at about 8 (she also gets up quite late: 8-8.30 on weekdays), i also felt like tellingvthem I could not let her go to bed later, as I needed to go to sleep then... (I think/hope they were joking - at least i did not feel the need to change our routine).

And lifting: no way to avoid it really. We made a long train journey yesterday. DH handled the suitcases, but as DD was really tired by the end I had to carry her around further than I would otherwise, but it just can not be avoided, and as you say, women have been doing it for millenia.

#67 ·
I started weaning on my meds yesterday. Everything has been halfed. Estrogen. Progesterone. Roids. Clex. The lot.

Today I've developed splitting migraine
And I mean literally feel someone has impaled a hot spike into my eye and its coming out the back of my head
Err.... anyone else had this during weaning off.
Not madly keen on taking paracetamol but at this rate I have no choice

#68 ·
Hi Kjade, I didn’t have to take meds after my test. Sorry to hear you are having these headaches. If you are worried about talking paracetamol then maybe try kids calpol? I have been getting terrible headaches with one lasting 24 hours! Drink loads of fluids and try kids paracetamol as it did take the edge of my headaches. Hope you feel better soon.

Just because I’m interested - has everyone on here been on progesterone for long than your OTT? X

#69 ·
I think most people will have been on longer. When I did my fresh cycle they still wanted me to take progesterone till 12 weeks (although in theory ovaries should have been producing enough hormonehormones to sustain pregnancy). 
As my frozen cycles were medicated my ovaries do not produce any hprmones, so until placenta is "strong" enough I need to take estrogen and progesteron (reading other people's instructions my clinic is quite conservative though).

KJade: sorry to hear about your headache.
Due to holidays and travelling I have not been able to be quite as strict with my drug schedule. I too have a headache this evening, but it started just after vomiting (only third time in almost 10 weeks, so I should not complain, but I hate it, and this was by far the most spectacular (and awful) one). Really should get some sleep now, i expect that will help me feel better... .

#70 ·
Thanks Ivystar ... Our DS was nicknamed "Firefly" as we thought we saw it zip in and it looked like a little Firefly!!  So from such a cute little name to "Venom"  ::) ... but OH will not have anything else and to be fair its well and truly stuck now!!

I am feeling absolutely fine, I didnt get morning sickness at all with DS and havent had any so far with this one ... I have had a couple of "nausea waves" but nothing that lasted longer than a minute or so.  My anxiety got the better of me in my last pregnancy and I ended up with PND so I refuse to go that way again ... I was terrified of everything ... terrified how i slept ... what i ate ... bending down ... how i sat ... you name it, i was completely crazy.  I am determined to stay relaxed this time round ...

My DS has told us that "Venom" is a SISTER!!  He will not be told any different ... and he has not changed his mind.  He listens to the heartbeat and says "yes yes, its a sister". 

So on the progesterone ... I am still on 800mg a day as well as estrofem ... I have to half it from next week and stop at 12 weeks.

How far along are you all?  How all feeling?

xx

#71 ·
It is impossible to do everything "correct" in a second pregnancy. My biggest fear this time round would be cmv (or a chromosomal problem). You can not really protect yourself from "bodily fluids" of your first (nappies, potty training, cuddles, snotty kisses, food stuffed in your mouth in a well meaning manner,...).
I too decided to enjoy my second (and most likely last) pregnancy more and not worry as much. Went on holiday on OTD, with hiking in mountains in Slowakia, carrying daypack and even DD in rucksack for first week of holiday. Then came home to find I gad had a silent miscarriage at viability scan (nothing to do with holiday, it stopped growing just after we got home, and had taken things more easy in second week), so was very worried this first trimester (last frostie, so added pressure). I am 10 weeks now, had a scan last week (check after a bleed) and everything looked fine, so am starting to relax - although I'm still slightly worried about 12 w scan and nipt. Must remind myself this egg is actually 3 years younger than I am now, as I am almost "geriatric" in obstetric terms.
Funny thing is that the more I allow myself to accept this pregnancy seems ok, the more symptoms I get. Quite a bit of nausea since yesterday + been sick twice (bringing total number of times this preg to 4) , tiredness got worse around viability scan,...

My clinic tells me to just stop progynova and utrogestan at 12 weeks. Toying with idea to start reducing this week or next, but will probably just take half dose or so for couple of days at 12 w and then stop. (Was put on very high dose prog "to be safe" after mc, although I do not think it had anything to do with that - i think there was just something wrong with the embryo, and nature spared me any hard decisions.) so currently still inserting 400 mg of utrogestan 4*/day (although i do not manage exact 6 h intervals: i think sleep is probably more important then setting alarmclock to get up in the middle of the night and then not be able to go to sleep again ).

#72 ·
Hi all and welcome firefly. It’s good to hear I’m not the only one with no sickness.

I’m a bit worried as my ivf hospital have said after 12 weeks I come straight off everything ? They have not mentioned weaning which I would feel more comfortable with so I will call them in the morning.

In regards to progesterone I finish my last injection tonight then back onto the pessaries. Which I am really nervous about as I was put on the injections due to the bleed at 5 weeks.

This is my first pregnancy so I have nothing to compare anything to. Has anyone heard of bad things happening when coming off the IVF meds ? Is it common ?

#73 ·
That’s interesting that you have all to take progesterone and other drugs longer. We had a fresh cycle that started in December 18. After egg collection we had to start progesterone pessaries 3 times per day until OTD which was on Christmas Eve. I was told to stop progesterone at 4w+2. Our first cycle worked first time this time and last with the same protocol. We are in Edinburgh so maybe is just the way they do it. Everything worked out fine so not complaining but was just curious. Suppose everyone has a different protocol anyway.

StayP - Your Baby will be well and truely stuck by now. Get advice and try not to worry. Also I did nothing but compare everything to every other pregnant woman first time round. I remember thinking my bump was too small and I didn’t get many pregnancy symptoms and I just ended up worrying constantly. It is hard to enjoy it considering the journey it took to get you here. But everyone is different. As I said I stopped progesterone at 4 weeks and everything was fine and my body clearly produced enough naturally to get me through to full term. Ask for advice and always verbalise how you are feeling because it’s better than worrying and the medics have heard it a million times. X

Firefly- Love the reasoning behind you DS’s name. So I’m am 16w +2d. ODD is 2nd September. Our 20week scan is in less than 4 weeks! X

#74 ·
Also we have been talking a lot today about baby names and the gender. Both my daughter and I think boy and husband thinks girl. I feel totally different this time so I think boy. I’d be delighted with either as long as everything works out well. We won’t find out the gender as I think it’s the best suprised ever. I’m a bit fussy with names. But for a boy I like Noah and Abel and girls I like Marcie, April or Malerie!
Will any of you find out gender? Any name ideas yet? X

#75 ·
DH wants to know gender (I too feel different, so would not be surprised if it is a boy, but then maybe it is just difference fresh vs FET? Or just different pregnancy...). He would live another girl. Another girl would mean we can pass on clothes etc, and we know more aboug girls, but in the end I just want a healthy baby. Knowing gender means you can concentrate on one name, although there is quite some charm in not knowing. On the other hand: drs will know what it is, so why should we as parents not?
Names: too early? I have long lists from previous round (especially for girls)

#76 ·
Thanks for the welcome StayP!

So i had an eventful day yesterday ... DS climbed out of his cot, fell to the floor and has fractured his wrist!  He is wearing a splint until fracture clinic next week ... such a silly little monkey ... he is taking it pretty well and is off to preschool as usual today  ::)

StayP - I was really shocked to read somewhere on these forums that having no morning sickness means that you are more likely to have a miscarriage ... which is such a load of rubbish!  Its horrible that this sort of info is getting about on here upsetting people ... I had absolutely nothing with my DS and although I physically and mentally suffered in the pregnancy ... from his side of things he was always absolutely PERFECT ... So dont worry ... neither of my sisters had morning sickness nor my mum. 

I have not heard of any issues coming off meds ... we are kept on them for longer than we need to be simply as a precaution - realistically our bodies have taken over properly well before 12 weeks so again try not to worry.  Maybe speak to your clinic and suggest if you can wean off if that will make you feel more comfortable.

Ivystar - wow nearly 20 week scan  ;D ... I will be having a private 16 week scan same as DS to find out gender as we absolutely cannot wait!  Lots of bets on this one being a little girl - i absolutely dont mind either.  We have been playing with names already ... for a boy we like Hudson Hugo and for a girl we like Harper Hudsyn  ;D

xxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.