* Author Topic: Frozen Medicated Transfer - When did you stop progesterone and estrogen?  (Read 492 times)

0 Members

Offline TryinginDC

• Un-Ranked
Hi Everyone,

I am 10 weeks 4 days pregnant after a frozen embryo transfer (medicated, so not timed to my natural cycle).  This pregnancy resulted from eggs I retrieved at around age 44.  My clinic and OB have given conflicting instructions about when to stop my meds.  I am very stressed and worried about a loss.  Can you tell me when you stopped and what was the outcome?  I understand that it is a different story if you timed the cycle to your ovulation (did a natural cycle transfer) even if it was still frozen, so really looking specifically for feedback from the medicated frozen transfer set.  Thank you everyone and best wishes to you all!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Momfor4

• Un-Ranked
    Hi. When I had my FET I did take
    Estrogen as a full dose until 12 weeks and then the dose was dropped during 4 next weeks. If bleeding (what I had) dose was increased. Progesterone was until 30 weeks.
    Resulted twin boys born at w35

Offline Baking Queen

• Gold Member
    I started reducing my Estrogen at 12 weeks, dropped 1 a day every 3 days I think until I wasnít taking it and the progesterone I started dropping at the same time and same rate although I stayed on Cyclogest at night until 16 weeks and then stopped completely. I did this with my two-year-Old daughter and with this pregnancy, which was an FET and Iím 37 weeks pregnant.
    Hope that helps.
    BQ. xx

Offline TryinginDC

• Un-Ranked
    Thank you Momfor4 and Baking Queen!

It sounds like your experiences were pretty consistent.  Does that mean you were both completely off Estrogen and Progesterone by about 13 weeks?  My clinic told me to stop cold turkey at 9 weeks.  I thought that was wrong so only tapered but then started having cramping and bleeding.  When I saw my OB at week 10 he told me 9 weeks was too early.  He wants be back on until 11 weeks but it sounds like even that might be a bit soon?  I am very anxious because the baby was measuring 1 day ahead at my 9 week soon but was 3 days behind at my 10w1d OB visit and the heartbeat went down from 182 to 171.  All of my symptoms also stopped suddenly the next day and have been gone since then (about 4 days so far).

What is Cyclogest?  I have not heard of that before.

Offline Momfor4

• Un-Ranked
    So I actually had progesterone until 30 weeks, bleeding or not. And for estrogen it was around week 16 when I stopped, gradually did reduce since 12 weeks. If you are having bleeding, maybe best to continue with both Estrogen and progesterone
    as obviouly your pregnancy still needs these additional doses.
    When I had bleeding, I had separete rescue plan with high dose of both E and P.

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
    With my fresh and then FET cycles which resulted in BFPs, my clinic advised me to gradually reduce doses of oestrogen and progesterone down from about week 13 and both were successful so I do think week 9 is definitely too early. Week 13 is about when the placenta takes over production so it then carries on as in a natural pregnancy.

Offline TryinginDC

• Un-Ranked
    Thank you everyone,
    I was able to get another appointment with my Dr. for tomorrow and I am going to ask to continue a bit longer.  Hoping the sono will reassure me!