* Author Topic: DE Cycle Buddies  (Read 13090 times)

0 Members

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
modify
DE Cycle Buddies
« Reply #50 on: 16/03/19, 11:51 »
Good luck k curly hope all goes well - Iíve just had my 2nd hormone test and hoping to get results later today!
How you feeling besidetheseaside?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #51 on: 17/03/19, 12:21 »
    Hi

Iíve just had the transfer. Wasnít the best start to the day. The embryos although great in numbers arenít great in quality. One two good enough for transfer and tbc tomorrow on the growth of the others. CC and BC grades. So the recommended putting both back.  Weíve always been against 2 due to twins, especially my husband. I had to make the call home and explain. I was in tears. This was a new proven v young donor. My DH has bee so good with his lack of alcohol since December and his sample was better than any nefire they said. So itís the donor. Not a great choice they said. I was so shocked I really didnít expect this.  Yes with my own eggs but not of those from a 23 yr old.

So my husband said yes to two. Both not great quality and the Dr knows we arenít keen for twins so she might have just said Ďlook youíre out this cycle anywayí. Thatís how it feels anyway. She said sheís disappointed and she will have to speak with the clinic directors. Whatever that means.  This is our last cycle. No more money left  and Iím getting too old.

I have two embryos inside me. Both viable enough to become a baby but I feel sad and let down. And I have to wait 10 days for the result. Urgh this is so hard.

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #52 on: 17/03/19, 13:21 »
    Have been thinking of you curly today - sorry it wasnít the best of starts for you and I feel your frustration but remember it only takes one - our first round we had 2 put in both not brilliant quality and fragmentation and we now have a beautiful 5 year old daughter- stay positive and put your feet up and chill - when do you fly home?

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #53 on: 17/03/19, 14:07 »
    Hi

Tomorrow afternoon. Iíve been googling Ďsuccess with poor quality embryosí like a mad woman. This whole process is so hard. Iíve been so positive this cycle. Every test has been in our favour. This isnít what I expected today but then why be surprised! Thereís always something that can go wrong.

Offline Besidetheseaside

modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #54 on: 17/03/19, 16:06 »
    Hi CurlyGirl1225- I'm so sorry to hear that you have to go through that. I can totally understand that you are upset and you've expected at least 2 top Blastocysts. Like betty21 said it only takes one and I've friends which had babies from average quality blastocysts, one just turned 2 yesterday,  a 3CC Blastocysts!
    I had 4 top Blastocysts put back last time and none stuck. You never know and that's why it's important to stay calm and think positive.

Betty21- thank you for asking, I'm fine even though I had some spotting over the weekend. Blood test tomorrow and Wednesday! How are you feeling? Did you get an update from your clinic? Fingers crossed for your transfers tomorrow!

xx

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #55 on: 17/03/19, 17:21 »
    Thanks both. Thereís just such high expections with donor eggs so todayís outcome has really floored me. I will however order the pregnancy tests and stay optimistic for as long as possible.

Hopefully the spotting is implantation spotting. Will your gp do your bloods or do you have to go private?

Hope tomorrow goes well Betty. Youíre a pro at this Iím sure itíll be fine for you

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #56 on: 17/03/19, 17:37 »
    Thank you girls - I had my 2nd blood test yesterday and all came back good so at least I wonít be needing the progesterone injections this time thank god !
    Have to be in clinic at 11.45 and then home Tuesday - it seems like itís been a long week for me !
    When do you think you will test curly?

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #57 on: 17/03/19, 18:39 »
    Thatís good news!

Think Iíll test after 6 days. You?

Offline esj

modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #58 on: 17/03/19, 23:19 »
    Hello, I hope you all don't mind me joining this thread. Im about to fly to Athens for our first DE transfer. Have had several attempts at OE since 2014, all unsuccessful. Hoping we'll be lucky with DE..
    Following everyones progress and rooting for all.
    Speak soon xx

Offline Besidetheseaside

modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #59 on: 18/03/19, 07:22 »
    Good morning everyone :)

Betty21- Good luck for your transfer today! Take it easy afterwards and rest before your flight back tomorrow. xx

CurlyGirl1225- How are you feeling today? I hope you are more positive about it now.

esj- Welcome! When are you flying out to Athens?

I sent off my blood today. Can't wait to receive the result tomorrow!
    xx