* Author Topic: DE Cycle Buddies  (Read 13081 times)

0 Members

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
modify
DE Cycle Buddies
« Reply #60 on: 18/03/19, 07:28 »
Thank you besidetheseaside -,just hoping our little embie survives the thaw - how is the spotting?

Safe flight home curly and take care of your special cargo x

Welcome esj all exciting stuff - good luck with your journey x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #61 on: 18/03/19, 11:30 »
    Hi all

Beside, thanks. Feeling a bit numb still. My dr was supposed to call this morning with an update on the 4 still growing and plan to pgs and freeze. Well she didnít call, I got an email instead, all 4 are poor and non to freeze.

£10k, great sperm, a 23 yr old donors  eggs and only two poor embryos.  Iím sorry but Iím still feeling a bit sorry for myself.

Do you think itís worth a complaint? Or is it just bad luck ?

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #62 on: 18/03/19, 11:32 »
    Sorry, welcome esj, well done for moving on to donor. Itís a big mental hurdle but the right one as itís moving forward.

Betty. Hope today goes to plan. Make the most of being child free for maybe the last time xxx

Offline teddy7

modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #63 on: 18/03/19, 11:45 »
    CurlyGirl just read your post by chance really....I think if there is definitely no sperm issue your clinic should be looking at giving you some sort of compensation -very often when this sort of thing happens another cycle free of charge is offered.

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #64 on: 18/03/19, 11:55 »
    Hi Teddy. Thank you. Of course thatís good to hear. I guess you think that these clinics are businesses and thereís no guarantees with any cycles. Iíve not heard of compensation before. I might post a separate topic and see if anyoneís had success of that.  Iím all out of money now so it would help.

Offline teddy7

modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #65 on: 18/03/19, 12:07 »
    Does your clinic offer any guarantee?  I don't know where you went but some clinics guarantee at least two good quality blasts at transfer for DE and have back up donors so they that they can fulfill this.  £10,000 is a lot of money to spend to end up with two mediocre embryos.   Yes all these clinics are businesses but I hope your clinic would view this result in the same light.

Offline esj

modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #66 on: 18/03/19, 13:41 »
    Hi Ladies

Thank you for the warm welcome!
    Seaside so glad to see you here! Im in Athens now. Have scan and potential 3d transfer tomorrow. Yesterday day 1 they had 10 embryos but lets see how many left tomorrow.
    CurlyGirl Sorry you're disappointed with your cycle results so far but fingers crossed for you, it can definitely still work so do stay optimistic.
    Betty hope your transfer goes well!

I'm excited now I'm actually here but in a complete dilemma about whether to transfer two or one embryos. We are really not keen on having twins but want to maximise chances. I guess it depends on the quality of what we have to transfer by tomorrow.
    Any opinions welcome!
    XXx

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #67 on: 18/03/19, 14:07 »
    Hi everyone transfer went well and I now have one day 5 on board - was told that it was a good blastocyst so now currently back at hotel resting and watching sky q  - usual aching belly but ok. Was chuffed that the first embryo they defrosted was used I was thinking worse case that we would run out if none was surviving the thaw .
    So now for the dreaded 2ww
    Good luck for your transfer esj x

Offline Besidetheseaside

modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #68 on: 18/03/19, 14:43 »
    Hi everyone :)

CurlyGirl1225- I can totally understand you frustration, you don't expect that outcome with  a young donor. Why did you have to pay so much for one cycle without a guarantee package? That sounds like London prices.

We payed 9900Ä for 5 cycles and money back guarantee. I'd definitely ask for a compensation. My husband's sperm aalways looked good but we did 3x a fragmentation test and it came back with 57%-67% fragmentation, so actually he has poor sperm quality. Did your husband had this test too?
    I know it's hard to stay positive but try to relax and give these 2 little embryos the best chance. Like i wrote before, even not  pretty embryos make beautiful children!

Betty21- Congratulations on being PUPO! The 2ww is hard but actually it goes by quickly. Try to watch nice films, especially comedies where you laugh a lot supposed to be great for implantation :)

esj- good luck for your transfer tomorrow! It's a difficult decision to take one or two. Just do what your gut feeling tells you.

My spotting just happens during the night and there's a little bit of pink there in in morning which disappears during the day. I try not to worry as I can't change things anyway. I sent off my blood this morning and will get the result tomorrow.

Xx

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE Cycle Buddies
    « Reply #69 on: 18/03/19, 22:31 »
    Hi

Well as we have one daughter we didnít want to do the Ďrefundí programme as we thought one more cycle would get us a sibling. This is our 3rd DE now. Yes £10k includes PGSabd as we didnít do that this time the cycle was £6.8k. Still expensive for Spain. 

Iíve tried to read all our notes and see if they guaranteed a certain number of embryos. I canít see anything

Feeling twinges tonight. Like cramping. Way too early though for symptoms