* Author Topic: PGD for NF1. #1, #2, #3 #4 #5 #6= BFN'; surrogacy #7 = BFP.  (Read 24080 times)

0 Members

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
34 + 1 today!!
We have our next growth scan next Monday and well be 34+6. My friend is pretty sure hes still footling based on what she can feel and she said he is the wriggliest baby ever - her 2 kids were never like he is. Its probably his position not helping but I know shes getting uncomfortable.

We really want to avoid a C section though for her and she doesnt want one either - its to dangerous to deliver a footling breech naturally though so she may wont have a choice if he is still footling breech.

Rules are currently still the same so our pencilled in plan is her partner will be her birth partner and we will come down to collect the baby once hes ready to be discharged.
I just want him here safe and sound now.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    So the scan showed hes no longer footling breech but was transverse which is just as dangerous and not an ideal position.
    My surrogate cant have the ECV as if it doesnt work they would admit her at 38 weeks until a c section until 39 weeks which she cant do Cos shell have no childcare plus with corona shed have no visitors which would be pretty miserable for her. So if hes not moved by the next scan it will be a c section.
    They cancelled her 37 week scan and arranged it for 38 weeks Cos of corona, theyre not doing as many.

Ive booked us a private scan this Wednesday at 37+1 to check which position hes in. She messaged me yesterday to say hes definetly moved but whether hes head up or head down is anyones guess. I just want him to stop being so unstable and get bloody head down for us.

Ive gone on my maternity now - it was my last day on Thursday. That was pretty surreal. Really wasnt how I expected to leave not seeing bye to people or having a leaving work meal. Sadly I got nothing because of the lockdown.

My induced lactation is going ok. Im freezing about 3oz a day.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Scan showed baby is head down!
    Well done baby :D

Next scan on Monday at 37+5 xx

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Scan yesterday went great.
    Baby is fine. Weighing 7lbs6oz.
    Still head down.
    My surrogates checks were all ok and shes been given the green light for a natural birth.
    Talked about induction but only if she goes over.
    Next scan at 39+6 now.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Just realised I never updated this.

Our baby boy arrived safely and naturally at 39+5.
    Hes 5 weeks on Sunday.

I am utterly in love but I did really struggle the first couple of weeks. I dont think corona helped. No visitors. No baby weigh ins from the HV - just telephone calls.

It took me about 2-3 weeks to find my grove but now I have.

Thank you to everyone whose followed my journey since 2015 - whose read this diary and sent my messages.
    We have 2 more embryos frozen - will there be a surrogacy sibling?

Who knows :) Right now Im just over the moon with my baby boy.