* Author Topic: Anyone with or recently had DE at Crown IVF?  (Read 1292 times)

0 Members

Offline Nicnik

• Gold Member
Hi ladies,

We are currently considering our options for DE and Crown IVF might be one of them - is anyone cycling with them at the moment, or had DE with them in the last couple of years?   I can't seem to find much about them at all.  Had a Skype call with a UK consultant who is linked to Crown, but would like to speak with ladies who have actually used them.

Thanks xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline millie13

• Gold Member
    modify
    Anyone with or recently had DE at Crown IVF?
    « Reply #1 on: 10/04/19, 16:49 »
    Hi Nic

I am also looking at going with DE, do you know what their costs are and what tests they need please.

Offline Hopeandpositivity74

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 30/07/19, 13:39 »
    sorry I know this post is old! I have been with Crown and found them fantastic! after 14 years ttc I have a 2.5 year old to prove it and am going back out for a sibling next month xxx

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 10/11/19, 22:20 »
    Hi Millie,

I'm heading out to Crown IVF in Famagusta in the next few weeks for DE + DS FET. I've found them very helpful by email but haven't actually been to the clinic. My consultant is very positive about their results (two of his patients are currently pregnant by Crown) and so I'm taking a leap of faith on his recommendation!! Crown have quoted me 7000 euro for double donation with identifiable donors. This may be cheaper than normal as I'm single and so they don't have to conduct any tests on a partner. The tests I had to have were the normal full bloodwork plus mammogram, HSG, ECG, plus letter from my GP on my general health.

Fingers crossed... :)

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 10/11/19, 23:55 »
    That sounds expensive.  I'm always wary of clinics 'recommended' by UK consultants because they usually receive a kick back from them (particularly if its a certain Liverpool based consultant) so it's not entirely an independent referral based on recommendation.  UK consultants also charge high costs for few scans and preparation etc you can organise yourself here in UK.  £7000 sounds expensive for double donation in Northern Cyprus.
    TCCx

Offline teddy7

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 11/11/19, 09:24 »
    ☝️  What Tincat says - that’s expensive for N Cyprus.

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 11/11/19, 09:36 »
    Some clinics are charging up to €2000 for donor sperm so I think that increases the cost significantly

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 11/11/19, 16:13 »
    My double donation was nowhere near that cost.  Non identity release donors, used in North Cyprus, are much cheaper than the identity release used in UK where they can indeed charge £2000 per vial.  My advice would be do a bit more independent research on clinics in North Cyprus.
    TCCx

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 11/11/19, 17:49 »
    Thanks for the replies ladies - it certainly is the most that I've paid so far on my journey, but this time I wanted both identifiable DS and identifiable DE so that increased the cost by €2000 for the egg donor, and the donor sperm is coming from Seattle Sperm Bank so there are additional costs there. My consultant doesn't work with any particular clinic - he has sent me to 3 clinics so far in Ireland, Uk and Spain for 8 cycles in total. He has suggested Crown because of their success with older women with unexplained implantation failure. To put it in perspective, double donation in Ireland is €9500 for basic protocol, no extras included...

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 11/11/19, 22:34 »
    Forgot to say the cost also includes IMSI, blastocyst, and 2 years storage of additional embryos!