* Author Topic: Tips for Londoners having ivf in Spain  (Read 1301 times)

0 Members

Offline Natalita100

• Un-Ranked
modify
Tips for Londoners having ivf in Spain
« on: 16/02/19, 14:25 »
Tips for anyone having treatment abroad and living in or near London

Endometrial Scratching
Amanda Tozer - [email protected] www.amandatozer.com - is a Gynaecologist who works on Harley Street in London and offers one-off Endo Scratch appointments cheaper than I was able to find elsewhere (I think around £100). She is a lovely lady, as is her secretary, Lynne, who will do her best to fit you in. If coming from out of London, Harley Street is particularly handy for Paddington, Euston and Kings Cross stations. Regents Park and London Zoo are nearby, as well as Oxford Street if you are looking for some ‘retail therapy’. If you have a job that enables you to work from home and would like to combine this with the endo scratch, the British Library is nearby and is a brilliant place to work from as it has free WiFi, plug points, lots of table space and plenty of non silent areas where you can take or make calls.

Intramuscular injections
My protocol included Decapeptyl, an intramuscular estrógen injection, and I found a great place, again in the Harley St area, called Independent Nursing Services on Upper Wimpole Street. They charge £25 per injection by a qualified nurse and you just walk in with no need to book a specific appointment time. My nurse was so amazing when I told her I was scared it would be painful. She had me lie down and relax first and then administered the injection so gently that I honestly hardly felt it!  Green Light Pharmacy nr London Euston supplied me with the Decapeptyl/Gonapeptyl (same thing) at a good price, and are only a 15 minute walk away from Independent Nursing Services. Longer if you’d like a scenic detour through Regents Park.

Cut-price Acupuncture
There is a well-reknowned Acupuncture college in the Southwark area of London called The Confuscius Institute, part of London Southbank University that do £15 full one hour sessions on a Monday or Thursday, with a third year student accompanied by a Chinese qualified supervisor. It’s easily accessible from Southwark, Blackfriars and London Bridge. 10 minutes walk from the Tate Modern or Imperial War Museum if you want to combine it with a bit of art and culture.  https://lsbu-confucius.london

Ultrasound Scans
Concept Fertility in Clapham is a lovely fertility clinic and they do one-off ultrasound scans by a Dr with a full report that is emailed straight away.
But in my opinion the best, and cheapest, place I’ve found is The Birth Company on Harley St (I think they have one in Cambridge too). www.thebirthcompany.co.uk. You can even book and pay online really easily.

Minimising airport stress
If you live in central or East London and the flight times work out I suggest you fly to/from London Southend. It’s sooooo stress free compared with the bigger airports and much less distance between everything. Trains to Stratford or Liverpool Street run every half hour and the station is directly outside the airport. Last time I got from train to departure gate in 20 minutes!

If you’re staying in Alicante
I know the area really well as my parents live out there so do please ask for any advice. One thing I’d suggest is staying a bit outside of Alicante and getting away from ‘city life’ for a bit. Villajoyosa is a particularly lovely town to stay in, quiet but has a long beach and fishing port and plenty of life out of season too and shops up in town to browse etc, as lots of locals live here all year round. I’m particularly lucky as my parents have lent us their rental flat to stay in for the transfer and 2ww and I write this with a lovely sea view and February sunshine :)

Good luck everyone, hope these are handy, and please do share any further tips below xxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 16/02/19, 18:24 »
    Thanks Nathalia

I've added a sticky so people can find this easily, really helpful tips x

Offline maraki

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 25/03/19, 12:17 »
    Hi Nathalia!

Thank you so much for all your info!! I have used already the Independent Nurses as I am starting with a mock cycle, and worked perfectly.
    One question I would need to do blood tests ( progesterone & estradiol) as soon as I get my period and need the results pretty quick to send them over to the clinic in my case Instituto Bernabeu. Do you have any recommendations in London? Thanks a lot in advance!!XX

Offline Natalita100

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 30/03/19, 03:04 »
    I used Blue Horizon for my blood tests - you pay in advance online and then turn up to the testing clinic they use on Wimpole St nr Harley Street whenever you like (drop-in). The results are same day if you go early in the morning Monday-Friday, or next working (Mon-Fri) day if not. Here is the web link https://bloodtestslondon.com/. Look out for their flash sales, offers, and discount codes that come out every now and then.

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 29/08/19, 12:24 »
    Hi there

Thanks for this information. I was just wondering if anyone knows where to go in London to get Intralipids? I was going to go to Amander Tozer but she doesn't offer this anymore to non-patients, and the private service my clinic used to use don't do it anymore either.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

X

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 29/08/19, 12:59 »
    Check out the Oaks Clinic in Essex (I know its not London) but they do intralipids for around £150 a time. They will need to see evidence of the need for intralipids such as tests results showing high killer cells but I used to go to them all the time and they were great.

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 29/08/19, 13:05 »
    Thanks Artypants. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of proof as I don't have raised killer cells. But there is less scientific evidence to suggest that the intralipids could help me based on my history. I will enquire anyway though and see what they have to say.

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 14/09/19, 21:22 »
    Hi Artypants, I just wanted to say thanks for suggesting I check out The Oaks clinic in Loughton for intralipids.

They were happy to give me the intralipids after I provided a letter from the clinic in Spain. I had a first infusion last night. Fingers crossed it is that little extra that helps this time. X

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 15/09/19, 12:02 »
    Oh I am so pleased you found them, its a lovely clinic and I have used them for years, such a nice couple too, Chynna did quite a few of my early scans as well with my daughter, I wish you tons of luck with this cycle x