* Author Topic: Miracle IVF Centre by Dr Firdevs  (Read 42064 times)

0 Members

Offline Tinseltown

• Gold Member
modify
Miracle IVF Centre by Dr Firdevs
« Reply #20 on: 23/02/19, 07:59 »
We did the same ó AirBnB, with clinic about 10 minutes drive away. However, weíre off to the mountains for a couple of days and may even be able to do some skiing.

Iím determined to make this a positive experience and even lined up loads of pampering (and expensive!) treats for me back home, spread over the month of March... just to keep my mood up. Last time, everything hinged on that BFP, which then turned into a CP and my world kinda came crashing down. Iím not gonna allow that to happen this time round!!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tinseltown

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 23/02/19, 13:43 »
    Heard back ó we have plenty of embryos on Day 1 (double digits)... now, the Hunger Games truly begins. Need to distract myself for the next 4 days!!!!

Offline Sporty Spice

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 23/02/19, 18:41 »
    That's great Tinseltown 😄. Super news
    It sounds as if you are managing to distract yourself rather nicely. We've been shopping & walking around Nicosia today. I've had a few slight stomach cramps but whether that means anything or indeed perhaps body is adapting to a slightly different protocol.

Offline BabyNL2020

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 23/02/19, 19:36 »
    He Girls!!

We are leaving to Cyprus on friday. Also to Irem and Dr Firdevs. Any tips how to prepaire? Do you know a good hotel to stay with childeren? I would like to stay in contact with you all! Good luck in cyprus

Offline Sporty Spice

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 24/02/19, 08:41 »
    Hello BabyNL2, you are out soon then. First time I was in Cyprus I stayed at Oscar's. I thought it was fine but I was childless at that point. This time with an Airbnb we have had a garden which has been a bonus & not far from the boarder to walk over but to be honest the heating hasn't been that great so we have opted for a hotel over the next few nights & like Tinsel we are off exploring.
    Is it first time for IVF for yourself BabyNL2? I'm not sure about advice as I am still relatively new to this, but I've always had the attitude of go with the flow & try and stay relaxed. Best of luck to you for your visit over later in the week.

Offline Tinseltown

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 24/02/19, 22:01 »
    We also used AirBnB.

My tip for Cyprus accommodation is to be open-minded and not dwell on things too much. Do not expect luxury ó thatís not the kind of holidays Cyprus offers. We stayed at a supposed-to-be 5-star hotel once before, and it was 3-star at most and smelled strongly of smoke. Right now, weíre in a hotel in the mountains that probably hasnít been renovated since the late 80s/early 90s, but I think we have adjusted our expectations by now.

Mind you, weíve been to quite a few countries on our fertility journey, so we sort of know the drill...

Also, if youíre happy to eat the local cuisine and donít expect British food everywhere... Cyprus has food to die for. Iíll never understand those who leave the UK but expect British food everywhere.

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 25/02/19, 03:59 »
    I stayed first in 2015 at Onar village. Not luxury by any standard but locals stayed there and on kebab night it was the best meal I ever had. Plate after plate brought out with so many Mezes and different kinds of kebab it was wonderful.

Olive tree was disappointing as looked nice on photos but they were renovating and room was very poor standard and even when moved it was awful. Food and pool area were fine.

Oscar the room was large with a balcony overlooking water and food was good. I would stay again even if older hotel.

I never can understand why in Cyprus they donít let you have food and drink in the room, or at evening meals donít include drinks with dinner, even water usually.

Offline BabyNL2020

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 25/02/19, 09:12 »
    We booked now Oscar but im thiking to upload it to Cratos hotel. I have a appointment on friday. Getting a little nerveus now. We also choose for PGD. How is the hospital of Irem and Dr Firdevs. Is the egg collection painfull? Some tips to visit with childeren in Cyprus? We have 4 days north and travel than to the south for our Ďholidayí.
    We go togheter with our 2 childeren of 3 and 8 months. Good luck with waiting! Fingers crossed

Offline Tinseltown

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 25/02/19, 14:23 »
    From my recollection, youíre gonna be pretty out of it during egg collection ó in a good way (but Iím somewhat weird :o in that the combination of general anaesthetic and the drip feels like a spa day to me!). It was the aftermath that was a bit uncomfortable as your body needs to recover. So... lots of lying down and being bloated. Unfortunately, I have no clue what to do with kids in off-season Cyprus as we have none.

Offline Sporty Spice

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 25/02/19, 16:01 »
    BabyNL2 I have a two year old but pretty glad I have arrived aimed with a good selection of crafts, books and various other bits. It might be different in the hotel but we have had a challenge to keep an active toddler entertained. Saying that we are off to Melios  Zoo later in the week. We were at a dinner/ dance show yesterday & she enjoyed that and there is a swing-park to where we are staying but that's the first one in Cyprus I have come across. It's really been make your own entertainment & has been as basic as playing with warm water in a bowl this morning 😆 with various items thrown in. The North part is rather different from the South in terms of paying for activities & what is on offer for children.