Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Miracle IVF Centre by Dr Firdevs

92K views 551 replies 57 participants last post by  Kata 
#1 ·
As the old Team Miracle has split months ago now, I think it's time to create a new home for the new clinics to avoid confusion. If you are going to Cyprus (or thinking of going there) to have your treatment with Dr F, please join this thread.

#2 ·
Here I am! I've come to join too  ^surprise^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^

#3 ·
All the best, Sporty! Can’t believe we’re off to Cyprus soon!!!

#4 ·
I had a cyst on one of my ovaries but didn’t affect things. When I did luckily get pregnant I had polyps discovered during a scan which worried me but that didn’t affect anything either. Good luck Sporty Spice with treatment, hope you get to proceed. Dr F did a scan when I arrived on day dh gave sample so Iam sure she will know what is best.

Someone told me to stay away from area the bags go in to get the x ray. Also instead of going through the metal detectors at airport dh told them I was pregnant so a lady searched me instead. Not sure if this made a difference at the airport but want to point it out.

Good luck ladies xx

#5 ·
That's reassuring Clarabelle! I'm keeping my fingers crossed & will value the opinion of Dr. F.

I fly out this week & at the clinic on Friday. Eek.

Never thought about the X-ray. I can't even remember the airport routine from the last time around. Thank you for the heads up

#6 ·
Wow. It’s getting real... in Cyprus now. Sporty Spice, we’re gonna be cycle buddies!

#7 ·
Me too. I arrived into Cyprus today. When are you due at the clinic?

#8 ·
Meant to go there for the check-up tomorrow, with transfer next week – a little earlier than planned. Are you getting your embryos transferred tomorrow or is it your check-up day?

#10 ·
Hello - I'm here at the clinic, just waiting my turn. It looks as if it's going ahead providing the frosties defrost just fine. Exciting.

#11 ·
Got everything crossed transfer goes ahead today & wow 8 frosties is a good number (chinese lucky no.)  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^  Will you transfer 2 again?

#12 ·
Hello to all, I have transferred 3 😬😂🥰😲. We shall see what happens on this two week wait. Currently in bed waiting to be told I'm okay to get dressed. I feel like I have been here for ages.

#13 ·
Congratulations! [emoji3] We may just have missed you. We got back from there about an hour ago.

To all who want to know: Dr F and Irem are absolute stars!!! Love them.

#14 ·
Congrats on being Pupo Sporty Spice  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

#16 ·
Thank you for the good luck vibes 🤞

All four in the vial had defrosted fine but I definitely wasn't going to have all four back, so it's ashame one little embie has gone to waste. The clinic wanted an extra €1000 to freeze just that one on it's own & I already have a separate vial of four in the deep freeze. All that hard work to make it & it goes to waste. I think I would have rather donated it but there wasn't any mention of such a choice at the time.

Tinseltown it's ashame we must have just brushed shoulders today.
How did you get on? Do you have your transfer day?

#17 ·
My lining is a bit on the thin side (7mm), so we did a Neupogen wash and upped the meds.

Dr F said it should be ready by the transfer date in 5 days time. Now waiting to see how many eggs fertilised and how many will pass PGD. [emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]

#18 ·
That sounds promising. I ended up eating/ drinking pomegranate juice and whether that works I don't know.
Did you have the embryscope? I enjoyed looking at the daily updates.
For transfer today, one of the ladies filmed on her phone and social media'd over to me. Rather strange little white 'blobs'  returning back.

#19 ·
Yes, we literally just returned from the supermarket with fresh pomegranates and pomegranate juice!!! Great minds...

I’m getting used to Cyprus, and I feel relatively safe and relaxed. Might help that we rented a place in a residential area this time, with the tamest and cutest dogs around (still wondering whether they’re well-cared for street dogs or are owned by a neighbour) demanding petting each time we step out of the house.

No embryoscope this time as it’s under maintenance for the next few days, but it’s fine as we’re doing PGD anyway.

Sporty Spice — are you staying in Cyprus longer and making it more of a holiday? Or are you off back home soon?

#20 ·
We're here until the 1st March & rented our own place via Airbnb situated just north of Nicosia. Clinic is 15 mins by car. It's okay but heating is temperamental (not great when it's 7° at night) so we have decided to add a hotel or two into the mix.

#21 ·
We did the same — AirBnB, with clinic about 10 minutes drive away. However, we’re off to the mountains for a couple of days and may even be able to do some skiing.

I’m determined to make this a positive experience and even lined up loads of pampering (and expensive!) treats for me back home, spread over the month of March... just to keep my mood up. Last time, everything hinged on that BFP, which then turned into a CP and my world kinda came crashing down. I’m not gonna allow that to happen this time round!!!

#22 ·
Heard back — we have plenty of embryos on Day 1 (double digits)... now, the Hunger Games truly begins. Need to distract myself for the next 4 days!!!!

#23 ·
That's great Tinseltown 😄. Super news
It sounds as if you are managing to distract yourself rather nicely. We've been shopping & walking around Nicosia today. I've had a few slight stomach cramps but whether that means anything or indeed perhaps body is adapting to a slightly different protocol.

#25 ·
Hello BabyNL2, you are out soon then. First time I was in Cyprus I stayed at Oscar's. I thought it was fine but I was childless at that point. This time with an Airbnb we have had a garden which has been a bonus & not far from the boarder to walk over but to be honest the heating hasn't been that great so we have opted for a hotel over the next few nights & like Tinsel we are off exploring.
Is it first time for IVF for yourself BabyNL2? I'm not sure about advice as I am still relatively new to this, but I've always had the attitude of go with the flow & try and stay relaxed. Best of luck to you for your visit over later in the week.

#26 ·
We also used AirBnB.

My tip for Cyprus accommodation is to be open-minded and not dwell on things too much. Do not expect luxury — that’s not the kind of holidays Cyprus offers. We stayed at a supposed-to-be 5-star hotel once before, and it was 3-star at most and smelled strongly of smoke. Right now, we’re in a hotel in the mountains that probably hasn’t been renovated since the late 80s/early 90s, but I think we have adjusted our expectations by now.

Mind you, we’ve been to quite a few countries on our fertility journey, so we sort of know the drill...

Also, if you’re happy to eat the local cuisine and don’t expect British food everywhere... Cyprus has food to die for. I’ll never understand those who leave the UK but expect British food everywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.