* Author Topic: Miracle IVF Centre by Dr Firdevs  (Read 46349 times)

0 Members

Offline MrsCake

• Un-Ranked
modify
Miracle IVF Centre by Dr Firdevs
« Reply #440 on: 24/12/19, 16:08 »
4 and 4!? What the? What! Madness.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mees_2020

modify
    « Reply #441 on: 24/12/19, 22:53 »
    I have got offered 4 too in 2016. Freaked out! I think it is called professionally reformed... The coŲrdinator of TM said 'you can have some removed if they all stick'.
    Pretty shocking indeed, but good to know that you have to discus yourself if you want 1 straw with 4 embryo's or 4 straws with 1 embryo.

Offline Tinseltown

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #442 on: 24/12/19, 23:59 »
    Ladies... you might freak out about how many embryos they put in (they put in a similar amount of embryos in Greece and Eastern Europe), but that is actually why many people choose to go abroad. Many people started their IVF journey closer to home, got nowhere with SET and time is quickly running out. With DE, you can be a mother late these days... but not everyone wants to be a first-time mother at 50... so there's still a time limit for many.

Just search the board Ė there are loads of people talking about wanting a minimum of three embryos transferred. Someone I cycled with ages ago wanted to go somewhere where she could have four embryos transferred, as even three embryos resulted in BFNs for her. The four DE embryos (not Cyprus) resulted in twins.

Offline Mees_2020

modify
    « Reply #443 on: 25/12/19, 12:35 »
    You're right, I could have made some nuances their. I understand in some circumstances it might be useful to have more embryo's. Do hope women will talk with an independent embryologist at their situation. There are more risks for children and mother if it ends up in a twin of even more. And it is natural to think all will be all right... Beside the deep wish of the women, I think there are other things/powers playing; a clinic wants to have a high amount of ongoing pregnancies for instance. In my case it was only the second time I had a donated embryo transfer when they offered me to have 3 embryo's at once and I got pregnant the first time but miscarried at 6 weeks... did not seem to me very necessary to risk a triplet. But off course, every person can make up their mind about it. And maybe it is not such a big 'thing' to remove to much embryo's. It is okay to keep this discussion open and if possible discus this with an embryologist who is not part of the clinic.

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #444 on: 25/12/19, 20:21 »
    I went to a different clinic in cyprus and they routinely transfer 3, they do double check with you before transfer if you want 2 or 3 transferred though. In all honesty I donít think the embryos are as good, they say theyíre all top grade but I personally donít think they are, if they were then you would definitely be having more multiple pregnancies that what you are getting, top clinics like dunya only transfer two, greece now only allows for 2 to be transferred although I still hear of a couple of ladies sneakily having more done, the rest of the eu clinics generally stick to transferring two as per the eu guidelines. North Cyprus has a pretty much unregulated ivf industry , great when things go right but not so when it every now and again goes pear shape.
    Iíve been to a Greek clinic, 3 transferred bfn, Czech Republic, 2 and twins, 2 two implanted, one baby, and north Cyprus 3 and bfn. Greek clinic was dodgy, and I question the quality of the embryos from that clinic and the Cyprus one. That clinic and actually the Cyprus clinic you wouldnít be able to get near the embryologist, whereas the Czech clinic you actually sat down with the embryologist before the transfer and they went over with you grading of all your embryos and looked at your history, recommended how many to transfer, but ultimately the decision was yours unless you have a medical reason that they wouldnít transfer 2, high positive results with their transfers.

Offline Tinseltown

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #445 on: 25/12/19, 22:39 »
    Stacey10 - May I ask: given the success you had with the Czech Republic, why did you end up switching to Greece/Cyprus? I had OEIVF in the Czech Republic but can't possibly go there for DE as their donors are 100% Caucasian (Iím mixed race).

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #446 on: 25/12/19, 22:53 »
    Tinseltown I chose Greece when I just started looking and didnít know what to look for in a clinic hence choosing a clinic that was very very dodgy, I then went to Czech and the clinic I chose was because of another forum I was on and everyone that posted was getting pregnant there, for north Cyprus it was because I have aged out for Czech otherwise I wouldnít have bothered, I find north Cyprus to be very expensive, what they charge for the add onís is verging on daylight robbery, anyway Iím giving Slovakia a go now as Iíve found a clinic there with no age limit, although if Iím honest I donít think itís a very good clinic either  ::)

Offline Tinseltown

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #447 on: 28/12/19, 20:57 »
    Hi Guys! Still here. Tomorrow is OTD, but waiting until Monday to get the blood test done.

Iíve refrained from POAS, as I think it just causes unnecessary stress. Iím massively surprised I held out so long though. I kept myself pretty busy.

No real symptoms apart from cramping every now and then plus sore boobs (mostly in the morning). But I think that's all just the Progesterone.

Offline Tinseltown

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #448 on: 30/12/19, 17:07 »
    Update: My beta is positive, but very low. Only 50% higher than when I had my CP. :(

Offline Mees_2020

modify
    « Reply #449 on: 30/12/19, 19:36 »
    Pfff... that doesn't sound convincing positive. Not negative either.... fingers crosses.
    Keep up your spirit; you just don't know and it might be... When can you test again?